Speaker John Boehner Will Resign From Congress
WASHINGTON — Speaker John A. Boehner, under intense pressure from conservatives in his party, will resign one of the most powerful positions in government and give up his House seat at the end of October, throwing Congress into chaos as it tries to avert a government shutdown.
Boehner is not only giving up his House Speaker position, he's quitting Congress next month! Whaaaat just happened? Divine Intervention? Now comes the fun part, the scurrying for his replacement. I'm betting blood will be shed.
John Boehner is resigning Congress and that's what I call an effective Pope speech.- John Fugelsang
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Saudi suggests pilgrims at fault over haj deaths, Iran angry
- Egyptian police kill nine Muslim Brotherhood members in Cairo raid
- Kremlin says U.S. distorts truth saying Putin sought to meet Obama
- China state visit: Xi's crackdown on southern Christians intensifies
Did Boehner resign because of the Republican Far Right? Or did the Pope say "John, you don't have to deal with assholes anymore, Go In Peace."- Lewis Black
Refugees Expected To Increase
GENEVA (Reuters) - The United Nations said on Friday it could see no easing of the flow of refugees into Europe, with 8,000 arrivals daily, and that problems now facing governments may turn out to be only "the tip of the iceberg".
Costa Rica Doesn't Like U.S. Military Helicopters Flying Around
A brief stopover by five U.S. military helicopters in Costa Rica over the weekend drew the ire of lawmakers who claimed the landing violated Costa Rica’s sovereignty.
The executive and legislative branches of government have been disputing the legality of U.S. military vessels in Costa Rica since both countries signed a joint-patrol agreement in 1999, but the Constitutional Chamber of the Supreme Court also has been wary of U.S. military aircraft and ships here.
That awkward moment when GOP says we shouldn't do anything about climate change because China won't, and then China starts carbon cap & trade.- Tea Party Cat
- Catholic Justices Scalia, Alito, Thomas are no-shows for the pope
- Boehner reflects on decision to resign from Congress: 'It was never about the pope'
- Conservative Rep: Mitch McConnell Is 'The Next Guy In The Crosshairs'
- Right-wing base already hates Kevin McCarthy as much as they hated John Boehner
- Donald Trump woos ‘values voters’ by waving Bible and promising to make stores say ‘Merry Christmas’
- Jeb! Tells Black People: We Offer You Earned Success, Not Free Stuff
- Fox News Tells Audience Leonardo DiCaprio Painted the “Mona Lisa”: They Believed It
After four years as Speaker, Boehner has finally created a job.- Andy Borowitz
Well, Of Course She Switched Parties!
A county clerk in Kentucky who was briefly jailed for refusing to issue marriage licenses to gay couples said on Friday that she and her family have switched to the Republican Party because the Democrats no longer represented them.
Boehner to Continue Repealing Obamacare After Leaving Congress. - Andy Borowitz
Pope Francis Lays Hands On Ailing U.S. Infrastructure. - The Onion
Rock The Voter News
- Obama, Xi vow cooperation on climate, cyber issues
- WMUR/CNN poll: Sanders holds big lead over Clinton; Biden key factor
- Officials uncover Hillary Clinton email chain she failed to turn over
Nelson Nails Boehner Leaving Congress
Sen. Bill Nelson (D-FL) on Friday issued a statement on House Speaker John Boehner's (R-OH) planned resignation that perfectly captured the dynamics that reportedly influenced the speaker's decision.
“After Speaker Boehner fulfilled his dream of the pope speaking, he is just plain tired of dealing with the right wing extremists," Nelson said in the one-sentence statement.
- US stocks gain; Yellen's comments boost financial stocks
- Scandal-hit Volkswagen names Porsche boss new CEO
- Pope's Climate Call Misses Population Problem, Scientists Say
Man who inherited his career says black people want "free stuff" . - LOLGOP
Costa Rican Rocket Science
Ad Astra Rocket, the company founded by Costa Rican scientist and ex-astronaut Franklin Chang Díaz, will develop space propulsion systems for a new NASA project, the company reported this week.
My loan from the bank to buy milk from Whole Foods was approved.- dak tweet
I hope you had a good time today!
- Man feared dead on eastern Pennsylvania highway was napping
- Escaped tarantula grounds plane near Baltimore
- Idaho school requires cheerleaders to wear leggings with short skirts
- Weather service accidentally sends Connecticut tsunami alert
- Prisoner uses bed sheets in escape, falls when knot slips
Time To Deflate Photo