How Jeb Bush Made a Profit on Obamacare
Jeb Bush the candidate is not a fan of Obamacare. But Jeb Bush the investor made a big bet on the Affordable Care Act, and it paid off.
According to tax returns released by Mr. Bush’s campaign on Tuesday, he sold $1,103,424 worth of stock in Tenet Healthcare in September and October of 2013, yielding a capital gain of $556,283. It hadn’t taken Mr. Bush long to double his money — he was selling shares he had acquired in 2010 and 2011.
Republicans are so upset about the debt that they're willing to cut trillions in taxes on the rich again to solve it.- LOLGOP
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- U.S., Cuba restoring diplomatic ties after 54 years
- Islamic State attack in Egypt's North Sinai kills 50
- Rubio to Obama: Walk away from Iran talks
- Short of cash, U.N. cuts Syria refugees' rations again
- Iraq War Veteran Fights For His Life Against VA Negligence
Obama Signs Executive Order Closing Congress. - Andy Borowitz
Bottom Line Is That Iran Thinks Nuclear Power Is Their Right
The global nuclear watchdog said on Wednesday its boss would fly to Tehran to discuss some of the last big issues that need to be resolved so that Iran and world powers can reach a breakthrough final nuclear deal by a new deadline of next week.
After making insulting remarks about Mexicans, Donald Trump has been kicked off of NBC and Univision. On the bright side, Trump's hair has a new show on Animal Planet.- Conan O'Brien
War On Wall Street Harassment Is Going Well
A young Swedish woman who sued her former Wall Street executive boss over lurid allegations of sexual conquest, betrayal and stalking was awarded $18 million by a federal jury Monday.
- Jindal's 'Ask Bobby' Hashtag Totally Backfires On Him
- O'Reilly Wishes 'Daily Show' Goodbye: 'I'm Worried About Jon Stewart'
- Stewart On SCOTUS: America Can Still Kill People Painfully And Slowly
- Justice Alito Defends Lethal Injection Expert Who Did His Research on Drugs.com
- Glenn Beck planning boycott of Disney's Charles Darwin movie
- Donald Trump accuses Univision of trying to ‘suppress’ his campaign in $500 million lawsuit
- Iowa minister threatened for performing same-sex marriages: ‘Get a rope and go hang yourself’
- Jeb Bush releases 33 years of tax records: 'I made less than Chelsea Clinton'
Jeb Doesn't Tithe?
One of the most humiliating revelations from Jeb Bush's tax records, which he posted online Tuesday, is that Bush is a true Scrooge when it comes to charitable giving. In 2013, he gave $110,616. That seems like a lot, until you consider it's only 1.5 percent of his $7.3 million income that year.
22 Alabama counties refuse to issue gay marriage licenses, b/c they believe in the traditional values of making taxpayers pay for lawsuits. - John Fugelsang
This Remarkable Woman Is A Friend of AHNC! Hugs Sandra!
Sandra Haggard, a 71-year-old professor, has been in a committed relationship with her partner, Lynne Lamstein, for more than two decades. They never had plans to marry — nor do they now — even though same-sex marriage has been declared a constitutional right.
Trump's reputation is now so bad that Macy's doesn't want to do business with him and Republicans do.- LOLGOP
Too Much South In His Mouth
An east Tennessee pastor changed the wording on a sign banning LGBT customers from his hardware shop one day after vowing that he would never remove the placard.
After 30 years of investigations, Republicans have finally proven that Hilary Clinton uses email.- OLGOP
Rock The Voter News
- White House lifts four-year ban on photography, social media on public tours
- Bernie Sanders doesn't follow the money
- Hillary Clinton raised over $45 million in primary money
What about all the black churches that aren't burning?! ask the guys who obsess over the religious liberty of fictional bakers.- LOLGOP
US Teens Win International Rocketry Challenge
It was a question of precision: The rocketeers had to get their payload as close as possible to 800 feet (244 meters) in the air within 46 to 48 seconds, taking weather, wind speed, subtle changes in weight and precise angles into account. If the payload was damaged, it would be instant disqualification — and that payload was a single egg.
Cutting taxes on the rich never fails to fail.- LOLGOP
Wall St bankers wrecked the financial system & ripped off billions; Chris Christie reminds you to blame teachers unions. - John Fugelsang
- Oil Declines on Bearish US Inventory Data
- Thousands of angry elderly Greek pensioners besiege banks to grab cash
- Communities Get A Lift As Local Food Sales Surge To $11 Billion A Year
- Hottest July day ever recorded in England
Greece has closed their nation's banks in response to its escalating financial crisis. Greece said, "We'll bounce back. We've just had a rough 2,000 years."- Conan O'Brien
Cirque du Soleil Sold
Canada has approved the sale of the government-owned Cirque du Soleil to a US investment fund and its Chinese partners, according to officials.
I just took the Which Sopranos Character Are You quiz. I'm Chris Christie.- Jeff Tiedrich
- Man in wheelchair robs New York bank, gets away
- Woman's parking citation tossed because of missing comma
- Woman Gives Birth In National Forest, Is Rescued From Forest Fire 3 Days Later
- Sex abuse victim to file lawsuit against Josh Duggar: report
- Police chief orders small Indiana art gallery to hide woman's nipples in painting after town outcry
- This Is Why You Don't Touch The Queen's Guard
Time To Deflate Photo