George W. Bush charged $100K for speech at wounded veterans event
Former President George W. Bush billed a charity for wounded military veterans $100,000 in speaking fees three years ago, a new report says.
Bush charged Texas-based Helping a Hero that amount in 2012, according to ABC News.
The organization also provided Bush with private jet travel to Houston at a cost of $20,000...
George W. Bush should be paying every veteran's charity to give a speech.
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- ISIS leader in Afghanistan killed in airstrike
- Obama puts Iran deal odds at 'less than 50-50'
- Number of Syrian refugees tops four million: UN
- US says only 60 Syrians being trained to fight IS
- US House approves closer military ties with Jordan
Who Hacked The Stock Exchange?
International hacking group Anonymous wished Wall Street ill the night before the New York Stock Exchange temporarily suspended trading on all securities.
Retrumplican Party: "Obama would not have won without blacks, Hispanics, gays or Jews." Democrats: "Or as we like to call them: Americans" - The Daily Edge
- All GOP presidential hopefuls decline speaking invite to America’s largest annual gathering of Latino leaders
- Of course! ‘Fox & Friends’ finds a way to blame Obama for Ariana Grande’s unpatriotic donut licking
- We've Met the Doofus. And He is Jeb
- RNC Chair Priebus On S.C.: 'I'm Glad The Flag Is Coming Down'
- Trump Denies RNC Chair Told Him To Tone It Down: He Said I Was 'Doing Well'
- Racists cry bitter tears on Nikki Haley’s Facebook page after SC votes to take down Confederate flag
Jeb doesn't want you to have "free stuff" like debt-free college. That's for guys who earn it by picking rich dads.- LOLGOP
Jeb Really Is The Dumb One
Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush said Wednesday that in order to grow the economy “people should work longer hours” -- a comment that the Bush campaign argues was a reference to underemployed part-time workers but which Democrats are already using to attack him.
Glad we got rid of one flag, but there are still three hundred million guns. - Andy Borowitz
House To Undo Confederate Flag Restrictions They Just Passed?
The House on Thursday will vote on a Republican amendment to a spending bill that would undo new restrictions members approved only this week on the display of the Confederate flag on federal land.
Donald Trump hasn't said anything idiotic today. I hope he's okay.- Andy Borowitz
I Don't Know Who Is Dumber, Jeb Or Huckabee? Tough One!
“Basically, there really is no such thing as — I need to be careful about saying this, because people will really get upset — there’s really no such thing as a Palestinian,” Huckabee said at the 2008 campaign stop while speaking to two Orthodox men. “There’s not.”
Rock The Voter News
- Obama program shielding 5 million from deportation headed back to court
- Obama Pressured to Take Back Bill Cosby's Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Attorney General Lynch Announces Federal Marriage Benefits Available to Same-Sex Couples Nationwide
- White House Spokesman Tears Into House GOP Over Confederate Flag
- Hillary Clinton’s Economic Agenda Aims at a Party Moving Left
- Bernie Sanders’ Plan To Make Solar Power More Accessible
Hillary, Bernie And ------> Martin
As they vie to emerge as the progressive alternative to Hillary Clinton, Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders and former Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley are racing to stake out territory to Clinton's political left.
In an effort to cut costs, Koch brothers announced plans to build a breeding farm for birthing & training future conservative politicians.- GOP Science Committee Tweet
America is an unforgiving place. You say one horrible, offensive, unforgivable thing and suddenly you're the frontrunner for GOP nomination.- LOLGOP
- Falling Oil Prices Renew Junk Bond ETF Default Fears
- Senate bill would require Facebook and Twitter to ‘proactively monitor’ and report ‘terrorist activity’
- Greece needs debt haircut but we can't help: Germany's Schaeuble
- American Toyota exec released from custody in Japan
Know all those cute quirky ads for insurance? That's the money you spent on premiums coming back to mock you.- John Fugelsang
Exxon Knew About Climate Change In 1981
ExxonMobil, the world’s biggest oil company, knew as early as 1981 of climate change – seven years before it became a public issue, according to a newly discovered email from one of the firm’s own scientists. Despite this the firm spent millions over the next 27 years to promote climate denial.
Remember, religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich, but nevermind. - The GoodGodAbove
Only $1130 To Go!
- Top Tibetan monk faces India money-laundering charges
- Vet finds 62 hair bands, 8 pairs of underwear inside dog
- Error in golden ratio at exhibit? Museum now says it's right
- Time Warner Cable owes $229,500 to woman it would not stop calling
- SEE IT: Giant snow pile still remains in Boston following record winter accumulation
Time To Deflate Photo
Preacher’s Pulpit Rock – Preikestolen is One of the Most Visited Natural Tourist Attractions in Norway.