Supreme Court upholds ObamaCare subsidies
The Supreme Court has upheld a key provision of ObamaCare, affirming that 6.4 million people can continue to receive subsidies that allow them to purchase healthcare plans.
The 6-3 decision authored by Chief Justice John Roberts is a huge victory for President Obama; it ensures that consumers purchasing health insurance on the federal exchange in roughly 34 states will continue to be able to do so.
Right now Scalia, Thomas and Alito are in the #SCOTUS cloak room furiously trying to scrape FDR's face off a dime.- John Fugelsang
I did two top stories today because of the breaking news about Obamacare. Sorry for the delay!
The White Man's Flag
This is the national flag of the Confederacy as it existed from the Spring of 1863 until just weeks before the end of the war in 1865. Note that this flag was adopted not long after the issuance of the Emancipation Proclamation.
Why was it called the "White Man's Flag"?
The Supreme Court ruled Obamacare is legal. All Confederate flags will be flown at half-mast.- Warren Holstein
Click photo for larger version.
The GOP doesn't want you to have Obamacare, Medicare or Social Security. But they will defend keeping that Confederate flag up.- LOLGOP
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Islamic State attacks Syrian army and Kurds in twin assault
- Putin not done in eastern Ukraine, NATO's top general says
- Exclusive: Kerry tells Iran foreign minister 'the past does matter' - sources
- Does Australia's new anti-terrorism legislation go too far?
The Flag War Continues, 154 Years And Counting
The sole black member of Mississippi's congressional delegation introduced a bill on Wednesday to remove the state’s flag emblazoned with the Confederate image from the halls of Congress.
If you're furious about the #SCOTUS decision go watch 'It's a Wonderful Life' and root for Mr. Potter.- John Fugelsang
- Republican presidential candidates are not happy about the Supreme Court Obamacare ruling
- After Charleston shootings, poll highlights race dilemma for Republicans
- GOP's Kasich opposes deporting millions in US illegally
- McCain: Obama turns blind eye to violence against Christians
- Boehner Purge of Republican House Rebels Claims Another Victim
Now Republicans can focus on immediate stuff like making sure your boss' boss' boss' kids never have to pay taxes.- LOLGOP
National Park Service Says No To Confederate Stuff
America’s national parks are no longer selling Confederate battle flags in their bookstores and gift shops.
The National Park Service (NPS) announced on Thursday that the historic emblem will no longer be available as a memento for visitors to the parks system.
Bobby Jindal announced today that he hates govt so much he's officially seeking a larger paycheck from it. - John Fugelsang
What Will The Conservative Backlash Be?
Conservatives were left baffled after Chief Justice John Roberts saved Obamacare three years ago. On Thursday, as the George W. Bush appointee again helped President Barack Obama’s signature legislative achievement avoid a potentially devastating blow, they felt betrayed.
Rock The Voter News
- Obama criticizes Russian state-run media
- Republican-led US Congress hands Obama major win on trade
- Judge blocks ban on abortion procedure
Ay Yi Yi, Hillary Must Be Thinking
Hedge-fund billionaire Daniel Loeb — one of the biggest and most feared investors on Wall Street and a vocal backer of same-sex marriage — posted a joke speculating about Hillary Clinton’s sexuality on his personal Facebook page.
So heartwarming to see Republicans consoling themselves over the bad news that thousands of people won't go bankrupt if they get sick.- LOLGOP
Remember when Republicans got so mad at Obamacare that they nominated the guy who created it to be president?- LOLGOP
Female Democrat Disses Male Liberal
Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) unloaded on her Senate colleague Bernie Sanders on Thursday, saying the Vermont independent is far too liberal to make it to the White House.
- Stocks edge lower with eyes on Greece; oil dips
- Energized U.S. Consumers Reclaim Role of Economic Powerhouse
- Whole Foods Being Investigated For Overcharging Customers
- Trump hits back at Univision after network cuts Miss Universe ties
Your theory about "low-information voters" is interesting, guy in a political party with Trump as a frontrunner. - LOLGOP
Google To Bring Alabama Into 21st Century!
Out with the 20th century, in with the 21st.
That's what Google is doing in northwest Alabama -- building a new data center on the site of an old coal-fired power plant.
In Nepal, they're having a festival that honours dogs for their special friendship with humans. Someone tell China.- Ricky Gervais
- 41% of Americans think humans and dinosaurs co-existed
- Man sues Disneyland for ending membership to exclusive Club 33
- How To Eat Spaghetti Like A Lady, According To A Vintage Issue Of Life Magazine
- Adopted Woman Raised as Black Finds Out at Age 70 That Her Birth Parents Were White
- Ex-homeless man with golden voice: I'm running for president
- Watch out for aggressive, big bird, Britons told
Time To Deflate Photo
Hamersley Gorge in western Australia.