Shaming Unwed Moms Was the Law in Jeb Bush’s Florida
...This provision required any woman who wanted to put her child up for adoption, but who didn’t know who the father was, to take out an ad in a local newspaper listing her name and description, as well as the name and description of each possible father and the locations where the baby could have been conceived.
New poll shows 89% of Republican voters are white. The other 11% are undecided.- Paul Solomon
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- IS blows up Syria gas pipeline serving capital: monitor
- At least 43 killed in Yemen clashes as parties prepare for talks
- Pope urges Putin to commit to 'sincere, great effort' for Ukraine peace
- Putin is a 'bully,' U.S. needs to respond resolutely: Jeb Bush
- Rumsfeld Clarifies Iraq Comments: No, I’m Not Being ‘Anti-Bush’
Duyba campaigned as the guy people would like to have a beer with... and how did that work out for the country?- Snarky Pundit
President Barack Obama ordered the deployment of up to 450 more U.S. troops to Iraq on Wednesday to advise and assist local forces in an effort to reverse the recent gains of the Islamic State.
TSA Is Soft On Terrorism
The agency in charge of US transportation security came under renewed fire as a report revealed that American airports had hired dozens of people with terror links.
Need a weapon to fight racism? Carry a cellphone.- The Daily Edge
Pool Party Cop Resigns After Realizing He Has No Thin Blue Line
Eric Casebolt did something right: He resigned from the McKinney, Tx., police force four days after a Texas pool party in a Dallas suburb became the latest red dot of racial tension on the national map. Not that he really had any choice. His reprehensible and, according to the McKinney police chief, “indefensible” treatment of a bikini-clad 15-year-old African American girl was caught on video.
- Former U.S. House Speaker Hastert pleads not guilty to federal charges
- After Quitting One Gay-Friendly Bank, Franklin Graham Joins Another
- Texas mayor defends town’s ‘Jesus welcomes you’ sign: ‘You can’t pin one religion on Jesus’
- ‘Marriage is simply too important:’ Christian couple vows to divorce if gays allowed to wed
- Hannity: Texas Cop Drew His Gun After Teens Were 'Provoking' Him
- Police Chief: Texas Officer's Actions At Pool Party 'Indefensible'
- Jeb Bush Likely to Fall Short of $100 Million Fundraising Goal
- GOP strategist defends Jeb Bush’s slut-shaming
Rotating First Lady For Bachelor Lindsey Graham
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), a lifelong bachelor and long-shot presidential candidate, disclosed in an interview published Tuesday how he might handle the issue of first lady if elected.
"Well, I've got a sister. She could play that role if necessary,” Graham, 59, told the Daily Mail during an interview at a recent campaign event.
"I've got a lot of friends. We'll have a rotating first lady," Graham added, chuckling
I nominate John McCain as one of Graham's First Ladies. - Matt Laslo
Scott Walker reminds Wisconsin that if he can't have $200 million of their tax $ to build a stadium the Socialists have won.- John Fugelsang
Rock The Voter News
- Obama's TSA pick faces senators
- Juan Felipe Herrera first Hispanic named U.S. poet laureate
- Sasha Obama Turns 14
Thinking conservatives newest form of abstinence education is to just refer to sex as ObamaSex.- LOLGOP
The Yearly GOP Occurrence: Government Shutdown
Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash.) on Wednesday will warn Republicans that if they don’t reach another bipartisan deal to lift spending ceilings, they risk causing another government shutdown this fall.
I applaud #CaitlynJenner's bravery in making her transition to her real self. Now go for the gold. Change political parties.- Kona Lowell
- Oil Prices Hold Gains on Inventory Data
- Borrowers rush to buy homes as rates spike
- US Annual Budget Deficit Smallest in Nearly Seven Years
- U.S. EPA moves toward regulating aircraft emissions
- Qatar leans on K Street connections
- Costa Rica is the most voracious consumer of pesticides in the world
THINK ABOUT IT: The Walton family controls more wealth than the bottom 48.8 million families combined. And the GOP wants to cut their taxes.- LOLGOP
Having to pay slightly higher taxes because of your wealth is pretty much a sign you've won.- John Fugelsang
Profiting Off Of Sick People. Florida Is #1
Talk about sticker shock: Some U.S. hospitals charge patients more than 10 times the rates paid by Medicare.
Of the 50 U.S. hospitals with the highest charges, 49 are for-profit institutions, 20 operate in Florida, and half are owned by a single chain, according to a study published in the journal Health Affairs Monday.
This was filmed in 2008. It is stunning in more ways than one.
Mattel has announced it will come out with a new line of Barbie dolls that will be more racially diverse than previous generations. “Still not interested,” said Ken.- Seth Myers
- “Marijuana is a plant of God,” says Costa Rica’s Lutheran Church
- Man dismissed from jury duty for wearing prisoner costume
- Texas Firefighter Responds to Call, Saves Own Family
- Report: Chimps enjoy fermented palm sap, get drunk off it
- Lola the cat survives migrant crossing to Italy
- Does free ping pong in Seattle parks stop crime?
Time To Deflate Photo