Senate votes to ban use of torture
The Senate on Tuesday overwhelmingly voted to ban the U.S. from ever again subjecting prisoners to waterboarding, “rectal feeding” and other brutal interrogation practices widely condemned as torture.
In a 78-21 vote, lawmakers on both sides of the aisle supported a new prohibition on "enhanced interrogation" practices and other novel detention methods.
Weird. Watching a Bush brother clown around as Iraq still festers and burns is no less sickening a decade later.- LOLGOP
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Cost of violence hits $14 trillion in increasingly divided world
- Al Qaeda kills two Saudis accused of spying for America: residents
- Medics: Saudi-led strikes on Yemen convoy kill 31 civilians
- Russia forced by NATO to take steps to protect itself: Kremlin
- Pope slams nations which 'close the door' to migrants
Donald Trump has a secret plan to learn what ISIS is an acronym for.- LOLGOP
Ambassador Chris Stevens’s Friends Are Tired of This Benghazi Nonsense
The slain diplomat’s friends and colleagues—along with the just-deposed Sid Blumenthal—know that this Benghazi committee’s real goal is to damage Hillary.
Rightwing media hating Hillary again is such vintage 90s nostalgia I'm gonna chug some Zima & listen to Gin Blossoms.- John Fugelsang
- Walker leads nationally in new poll
- Neil Young Wants Donald Trump to Pick Another Song
- Mexican government blasts Donald Trump for ‘prejudiced and absurd’ comments at campaign launch
- Fox & Friends Praises Trump For His "Swagger" And Suggestion That "Mexicans Build Their Own Wall"
- Donald Trump insults wheelchair-bound columnist: He’s a ‘jerk’ who just ‘sits there’
- Bill Maher blasts child-molesting Christians: Jesus is your ‘shortcut’ to exonerating yourselves
- Kansas governor says deficit plan is not a tax increase
Being a Republican candidate for president is a great way to find out your favorite musicians despise you.- LOLGOP
Jeb Doesn't Seem To Have A Strategy
Jeb Bush said Tuesday that the enhanced interrogation techniques deployed by his brother after Sept. 11 attacks were no longer appropriate, that he hoped the Supreme Court would rule against same-sex marriage, and mocked Hillary Rodham Clinton for passing few laws during her eight years in the Senate.
As America’s Best Christian™, I'm so close to Jesus, the rest of the Trinity calls me “Yoko” behind my back.- Mrs. Betty Bowers
Jesus never called the poor 'lazy,' fought for tax cuts for the wealthiest Nazarenes or asked a leper for a copay.- John Fugelsang
Limbaughtomies Are Working
The good news for Rush Limbaugh: One month after being notified he was getting dumped by his Boston talk radio host station, the talker has a new AM home in the city.
The bad news: The station currently boasts a 0.6 rating, trails four non-commercial stations in the market, and becomes yet another big-city, cellar-dwelling outpost that Limbaugh is forced to call home.
BREAKING: Donald Trump candidacy revealed as desperate ploy to force NBC to shoot another season of The Apprentice. - The Daily Edge
What? A Republican Kicks Another Republican Out Of A Closed Benghazi Meeting?
Former House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) tried to crash former Hillary Clinton adviser Sidney Blumenthal’s deposition before the House Select Committee on Benghazi on Tuesday.
Issa marched into the closed-door deposition and remained inside for about a minute before he was escorted out by the panel’s chairman, Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.).
Rock The Voter News
- President Obama and arguments about pending Supreme Court cases
- London love fest: Michelle Obama charms, thrills schoolgirls
Bernie Draws Huge Crowds
Presidential candidate Bernie Sanders has drawn huge crowds recently. He packed Drake University’s auditorium, drew 1,000 people in New Hampshire, and the attendance was estimated at 5,000 at a stop in Minnesota.
Rachel Dolezal, the white woman pretending to be African American, has resigned from her position in the NAACP. She was last spotted walking out of the NAACP offices with a box full of her Coldplay CDs.- Conan O'Brien
Uh Oh. This Dolezal Family Has The Crazy Factor
The saga of the Dolezal clan, a family at war with itself, is getting more complicated.
Even as Rachel Dolezal, the Spokane NAACP president whose parents outed her as white, resigned from the organization on Monday ahead of a “Today” show interview, another Dolezal was thrust into the spotlight.
Scientists are serious about climate change. Insurance companies are too. Even the Pope is.
GOP: We're gonna trust big oil on this one.- LOLGOP
- Oil prices jump before US inventories
- Back at work, Biden touts clean energy to investors
- Trade rebuff fuels doubts on Obama bid to counter rising China
- Obama Wants Silicon Valley Worker Pipeline to Government
Trickle Down Economics works because if you give rich people enough money, some of it's bound to end up with the poor somehow. Maybe as a tip on a pizza.- Republican God
New NASA studies show how the world is running out of water
Drought-stricken California is not the only place draining underground aquifers in the hunt for fresh water.
It's happening across the world, according to two new studies by U.S. researchers released Tuesday.
Beachgoers in Florida have been warned about deadly flesh-eating bacteria in the water. Of course, if you’re even in Florida, you’ve already ignored a few warnings. - Seth Myers
- American UFO sightings since 1905, mapped
- Tennessee couple assaults neighbor who called cops about loud sex
- Bride to be says 'yes' to Times crossword proposal
- 'Super-Strong Meter Maid' Lifts Taxi, Owns The Streets
- Wisconsin city bars use of kangaroos as service animals
- No joke: Emerson College in Boston to offer major in comedy
Time To Deflate Photo