Rally calls for Confederate flag to go at South Carolina capitol
Hundreds of people chanting "Take it down!" rallied on Tuesday to demand that the Confederate battle flag be removed from the South Carolina State House grounds, galvanized by last week's massacre of nine blacks at a historic church in Charleston.
Wayne LaPierre of the NRA just demanded that all Blacks be given free firearms to defend themselves. Just kidding.- Kona Lowell
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Islamic State destroys ancient shrines in Syria's Palmyra city
- Afghan forces recapture key district from Taliban
- US won't prosecute hostages' families who pay ransom
- Iran parliament bars key nuclear concessions in talks with big powers
- Philadelphia shotgun shooting attack injures seven
He took your guns, now he's taking your flipping flags.
- the guys who are taking your money. - LOLGOP
The Americans Are Coming! The Americans Are Coming!
The US will pre-position heavy weapons, including tanks, infantry fighting vehicles and artillery in central and eastern Europe for the first time, US Defence Secretary Ashton Carter said Tuesday in Estonia's capital Tallinn.
For that matter, the people who are outraged that Obama used the N-word are the same people who are outraged that Obama breathes.- Jeff Tiedrich
- Changing tone on Confederate flag follows years of refusal
- Mississippi House Speaker: We Should Remove Confederate Emblem from State Flag
- Former RNC Chair Haley Barbour Dodges 6 Separate Questions on Confederate Flag
- Defiant Texas man nails 6-foot wooden Confederate flag to building across from county courthouse
- Alabama Republican: Movement to remove Confederate flag in South Carolina ‘beyond contempt’
- Billy Graham's grandson quits Florida church after admitting 'moral failing'
- House panel on Benghazi attack releases more emails
Congrats to Nikki Haley and Lindsey Graham for coming out against the flag of an enemy nation a scant 150 years later.- John Fugelsang
Meanwhile, There Is A Solar Storm Going On
A serious solar storm has been battering Earth's magnetosphere, in the wake of a series of solar flares that erupted from a highly active sunspot over the last few days.
Last week Lindsey Graham defended the Confederate Flag, now wants it down. Apparently Lindsey likes it both ways. - John Fugelsang
Rock The Voter News
- Marijuana Research Just Got a Green Light From the Obama White House
- Virginia governor orders Confederate flag removed from license plates
- Bernie Sanders: Rise of right-wing hate groups shows we're still far from being a non-racist society
- Environmental groups sue Florida legislature over budget
DOCTORS: Global Warming = Medical Emergency
A major report from one of the world’s best-known medical journals declared climate change a “medical emergency” that could undo decades of health progress.
The report published Monday night in The Lancet said the threat posed by climate change has largely been underestimated thus far.
|This sculpture by Issac Cordal in Berlin is called "Politicians discussing global warming."|
Planet Earth - it's bipolar. - John Fugelsang
Sewer Samples To Determine Pot Usage
The federal government is chipping in money for a three-year pilot study using sewage samples to determine levels of marijuana use in two Washington cities — research that could help answer some key questions about pot legalization, the University of Puget Sound announced Monday.
- Oil pressured by disappointing Chinese factory data, strong dollar
- Foreign buyers snap up $104 billion in US homes
- High court says gov't seizure of raisins is unconstitutional
- McConnell asks senators to cast pro-trade vote once more
- House GOP demotes lawmaker who defied leaders on trade vote
Donald Trump should just make all his announcements on the Home Shopping Network.- LOLGOP
Walmart And Sears Say No To Confederate Merchandise
Retail giants Walmart and Sears will no longer sell Confederate flag merchandise in response to criticism after last week's shootings in a historically black South Carolina church.
Jeb Bush and George W. Bush fighting over who gets to wear the "I'm With Stupid" shirt.- Jeff Tiedrich
- Alien-Like Worm Invades US
- Which Snack Got a United Airlines Flight to Chicago Diverted Over 2,500 miles?
- Massachusetts newlyweds win $15 million in lottery
- Florida man shoots himself in the leg during gun safety class
- Chemical in hoppy beer may cause man boobs and erectile dysfunction
Time To Deflate Photo