NY Times Reporter Confronts Judith Miller: 'Your Stories Were Wrong'
Former New York Times reporter Judith Miller appeared on Morning Joe Monday morning to defend her coverage in the run-up to the Iraq War, arguing there was a consensus at the time around the existence of WMDs and that the Grey Lady had made her a scapegoat.
Democracy and freedom will be the theme of every broadcast and editorial—but Democracy and freedom in a strictly Pickwickian sense. Meanwhile the ruling oligarchy and its highly trained elite of soldiers, policemen, thought-manufacturers and mind-manipulators will quietly run the show as they see fit. – Aldous Huxley, Brave New World Revisited, published 1958
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Islamic State shoots and beheads 30 Ethiopian Christians in Libya
- Iran still respecting terms of interim nuclear deal: U.N. report
- Large explosions from airstrikes rock Yemeni capital
- Poles wait for FBI chief to apologize over Holocaust remarks
- Russia says kills head of North Caucasus Islamist insurgency
"Muslims abusing Christians in the Middle East? How barbaric!" cried the respectable Christian who cheered for Shock & Awe back in '03.- John Fugelsang
Pilot Has No Regrets
The pilot of a small helicopter arrested last week after flying near the U.S. Capitol said on Monday he had no regrets about his flight aimed at protesting current campaign financing rules and had alerted authorities ahead of time.
A gyrocopter landing on The Capitol lawn to protest a bought-off Congress gets more news coverage than America having a bought-off Congress.- John Fugelsang
- Marco Rubio, Jeb Bush Beating Hillary Clinton in New Florida Poll
- Republican Graham says '91 percent' chance he'll run for president
- Review Ordered for Republican-Drawn North Carolina Voting Maps
- Top Republican: Senate to vote on Loretta Lynch soon
- Obamacare repeal falls off Republicans' to-do list as law takes hold
- Huckabee warns against bloody Republican primary in 2016
- State Newspapers Chastise Gov. Rick Scott and Republican Legislators Over ...
With so many people on Social Security voting for someone promising to end it, I realize why the aliens haven't landed.- Kona Lowell
Republican Rapist Rights
Iowa Republican has held up legislation that would prevent convicted rapists from claiming parental rights to children conceived during the assault, dismissing the bill as “feel-good” legislation.
Sen. Claire McCaskill on Sen. Marco Rubio: He "folded like a cheap shotgun" on immigration reform.
Rock The Voter News
- Obama commemorates Oklahoma City bombing
- Obama to press climate change agenda with trip to Everglades on Earth Day
- Michelle Obama, Jill Biden to visit New Orleans Monday
- Obama Voices Support for Medical Marijuana in Cable News Interview
Hey remember when RollingStone helped lie us into war? Oh wait, that was those all those other publications now criticizing RollingStone.- John Fugelsang
Abortion: #1 To GOP
When it came to his plans to back a controversial abortion bill, Sen. Lindsey Graham showed no signs of skittishness before a crowd of conservative activists Thursday:
"I am dying to have this debate" the South Carolina Republican and potential presidential candidate said.
A House version of the proposal – a federal ban on abortions after 20 weeks – became mired in controversy before an embarrassed leadership had to pull it from the floor.
Hillary's answer on her age: "Republicans think I'm too old to be president but not old enough for Social Security." - LOLGOP
Hillary Clinton is making income inequality a central theme in her campaign. Yeah, for example, today she pointed out that her husband makes $300 million a year. She has to get by on $200 million a year, and that's not fair.- Conan O'Brien
GOP Has Alernative To Obamacare? God Help Us All.
If the U.S. Supreme Court blows up the tax subsidies at the heart of Obamacare in June, Republicans hope to deliver on their promise to offer an alternative healthcare plan.
The Hillary team is driving around in a van. Sometimes people get those gag bumper stickers put on their van. Hillary has one on her van, and it says, "If this van's rockin', I'm deleting emails." - Dave Letterman
- Oil prices pushing up the cost of gasoline
- U.S. ports prepare for Panama Canal expansion
- Republican hopefuls target middle-class insecurity as economy improves
- George Lucas to build affordable housing in one of the richest parts of America
We can't end poverty in this country! Who would we blame for all our problems?- Kona Lowell
No Municipal Fracking Rights In Texas
The Texas House overwhelmingly approved a bill on Friday that would give the state the exclusive right to regulate the oil and gas industry, and gut the power of municipalities to pass anti-fracking rules.
I hope you had a good time today! Thank you for stopping by.
- White House fence jumper to face charges: Secret Service
- Handcuffed suspect steals police car; doesn't get far
- LeBron James Or Michael Jordan? Heated Basketball Argument Sends Man To Jail
- Ohio woman's search for birth mother leads to co-worker
- 120-Pound Woman Devours Three 72-Ounce Steaks (Plus Sides) In 20 Minutes
Time To Deflate Photo
A red lipped Batfish.