Washington State Is So Screwed
California's been getting all the attention, but it isn't the only agriculture-centric western state dealing with brutal drought. Washington, a major producer of wheat and wine grapes and the source of nearly 70 percent of US apples grown for fresh consumption, also endured an usually warm and snow-bereft winter.
Happy Day, Earth. You're hotter than ever.- LOLGOP
This is what we should be fighting for:
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- US keeps 'options' open as warships deploy near Yemen
- The New Sponsor of Terrorism: Climate Change
- The numbers are staggering: US is ‘world leader’ in child poverty
- Fox Host: To Stop Terror Recruitment, We Need A "More Robust, Manly, Not Feminized Version Of Christianity"
- Ukraine, in snub to Moscow, to adopt British war-time symbol, ditch Soviet war name
Only 7,395 shopping days till the Rapture, say Republicans #EarthDay - The Daily Edge Tweet
U.S. Supreme Court Made It Easier To Sue The Feds
The U.S. Supreme Court on Wednesday made it easier for people to sue the federal government by ruling in favor of plaintiffs in two separate cases including one involving a Hong Kong woman who was strip-searched while in immigration detention in Oregon.
America's great at treating corporations as people. Actual people aren't so lucky. - The Daily Edge Tweet
- The First Embarrassing Error In The Anti-Clinton Book Has Already Been Found
- Fox pundit belittles transgender kids: It’s like thinking you are a ‘cocker spaniel’
- Jonah Goldberg Responds to Angry Tweets from ’14-Year-Old Girl’ Donald Trump
- O'Reilly Falls For Absurd Campaign Demanding Justices Ginsburg And Kagan's Recusal From Marriage Equality Case
When Jesus comes back it'll be hard to hear Him over the sound of certain Christians calling for his head. - John Fugelsang
Obama Is Not (Fill In The Blank)____________________
Fox News’ Kirsten Powers, one of the network’s more liberal voices, is really going after President Obama for staying “largely silent” on the issue of Muslim terrorists slaughtering Christians just because they’re Christians.
Whenever someone like Marco Rubio denies climate change, I like to close my eyes and picture him clinging to a melting chunk of ice in the Arctic Circle.- Andy Borowitz
China to invest $46B to build roads and bridges in Pakistan. GOP to invest $0B in fixing 70,000 unsafe bridges in US. - The Daily Edge Tweet
Rock The Voter News
- Loretta Lynch Gets Her Vote
- Missouri town responds to officer exodus after election of black female mayor
Another False Claim About Hillary. Yawn.
The Republican National Committee chairman says Hillary Clinton paid women in her Senate office less than men. But annual salary data provided by the Clinton campaign show median salaries for men and women in Clinton’s office were virtually identical.
For a group of people who say they are being "bullied into silence," the Christian Right sure won't shut the f**k up. - Jim David Tweet
Meanwhile In Costa Rica
Forest fires at Diriá National Park in Costa Rica’s Guanacaste province have already consumed nearly half of the park’s 5,400 hectares (13,000 acres).
Wildfires started on April 5 and smaller fires have since sparked up, sweeping across the dry, hard-to-reach protected area, according to a report from the National System of Conservation Areas (SINAC).
Park administrators believe that hunters started the fires.
- Oil Prices Won’t Recover Anytime Soon Says Exxon CEO
- Boeing Falls as 787 Dreamliner Expense Saps Optimism on Profit
- $1.7 billion NFL stadium plans up for approval in Carson
- Tesla wants to power Wal-Mart
Those like me who don't like to talk to people on planes would pay a premium to sit in "None Of Your Business Class."- Jim David
Fracking Faulted For Oklahoma Quakes, By Oklahoma Scientists
Oklahoma geologists have documented strong links between increased seismic activity in the state and the injection into the ground of wastewater from oil and gas production, a state agency said on Tuesday.
I'd like to publish a photography book of very recently born babies and call it 'Not Cute Yet.'- John Fugelsang
- Would-be Reagan assassin faces hearing that could expand freedom
- Sarah Palin accused of stalling $15000 settlement with N.J. newspaper
- Scottish collie behind wheel of runaway vehicle causes scare
- Frustrated technophobe 'kills' computer, gets citation
- 'Bully' New Zealand PM apologizes for pulling waitress's ponytail again and again
Time To Deflate Photo
Shadows from the solar eclipse are reflected on clouds over the Arctic Ocean in images captured by NASA's Terra satellite on 20 March 2015.