|Graphic by Rick Wise. Thank you.|
Fights Over 'Religious Freedom' And Gay Rights Are Costing Republicans
Following a firestorm of criticism, Republican governors in Indiana and Arkansas signed revised versions of their states' Religious Freedom Restoration bills Thursday night. In Indiana the language was adjusted, and in Arkansas it was significantly scaled back to more closely align with the federal law.
Today is Good Friday, when some pro-death penalty Christians commemorate anti-death penalty Jesus getting the death penalty.- John Fugelsang
Subject: "Open the drawbridge"
I opened this morning’s New York Times to the headline, “Benjamin Netanyahu Says Final Nuclear Deal Must Include Iran’s Recognition of Israel”.
Oh it “must,” must it? Why, because you say so?
Netanyahu reminds me of the ant with an erection, floating down the river on his back and yelling, “Open the drawbridge!”
My reaction was, “F@#k this guy. If he wanted recognition included in the deal, he could have and should have raised the issue years ago, not almost-after-the-fact. And he could have been just a little more solicitous of the President of the United States in the meantime.
Netanyahu demonstrates once again that he is not an honest player and cannot be trusted. He does not want a deal between the P5+1 and Iran; he wants war with Iran – a war in we will be expected to invest still more blood and treasure in the Middle East.
It astounds me that we can be on the verge of an agreement among the United States, Britain, France, Russia, China, Germany, and Iran … and Israel, who is not even a party to the agreement, presumes it can sashay in and blow up the deal.
Sorry, Bibi, you’re too late. Now it’s time for you to STFD and STFU. This drawbridge is closed.
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Saudis airdrop arms to Aden defenders, Houthis pull back
- Egypt's Islamic State branch claims deadly Sinai attack
- North Korea fires short-range missiles ahead of U.S. defense chief visit to Seoul
- Moscow condemns 'anti-Russian campaign' in U.S.
- In Kenya, a quest for answers in wake of Al Shabab university attack
This deal isn't good enough! is a very serious concern from the guys who insist Iran would cheat on any deal.- LOLGOP
Iran Talks End. Iran Celebrates, USA Meh.
By the elation online and in the streets, you'd think Iran had just won the World Cup. But this is bigger.
Iranians erupted in celebration as young people waved flags from their sunroofs, blasted music from stereos and chatted online with the hashtag #IranTalks.
"Ted Cruz is the Abraham Lincoln of Sarah Palins." -John Fugelsang
Iraq Vet Confronts Karl Rove
An Iraq war veteran confronted former White House advisor Karl Rove during a speaking engagement on Tuesday and demanded he apologize for the war.
GOP solution to the California drought is to give the remaining water to the rich so it will then trickle down to the poor.- Tea Party Cat
- Jeb Bush Drops 6% in Florida Amid Conservative Doubts
- Nugent Says Obama is Causing Military Suicides
- Florida Republican senator denounces Koch brothers: ‘You people serve no purpose’
- Google Play store dumps app that made it easier to stalk and harass gun safety advocates
- Gay activist Dan Savage: Sen.Tom Cotton uses his ‘bigot blender brain’ to rationalize anti-gay legislation
Indiana Is Waving The Flag, Now!
The rainbow flag, a symbol of gay rights, flies prominently on the Visit Indy website and Indiana’s Republican Governor Mike Pence personally phoned the head of a Seattle company that gathers 56,000 gaming nerds in the heartland each year.
These are just some of the signs that Indianapolis, a corn belt city of 850,000 with a $4.4 billion tourism industry, has gone into full-on damage control to make sure its growing convention business is not harmed by a national uproar over a religious bill that Pence signed into law last week.
George Pataki blasts Indiana’s 'Religious Freedom' law, in case the GOP is interested in someone who's electable this century. -John Fugelsang
O'Reilly & Coulter Mad At Christians Not Defending Religious Freedoms
Fox News host Bill O'Reilly on Thursday brought on conservative pundit Ann Coulter to lament the lack of leadership by Christians in defending the Indiana religious freedom law altered by lawmakers on Thursday.
"During a speech on Friday, Senator Ted Cruz said that if you walk up to someone and say 'Joe Biden,' the person will crack up laughing. Which is the same reaction you get if you say 'President Ted Cruz.'" -Seth Meyers
Rock The Voter News
- Utah latest stop on Obama tour of Republican states
- Michelle Obama and Jimmy Fallon Perform The Evolution of Mom Dancing Part 2
"As of this week, the only state that President Obama has not visited while in office is South Dakota. Residents of South Dakota said they're looking forward to President Obama or any black person visiting soon." –Conan O'Brien
After a deal that could delay war, fate decided to cheer Republicans up with a meh jobs report.- LOLGOP
- Oil falls nearly 4 percent after tentative nuclear deal for Iran
- U.S. job growth weakest since 2013; unemployment rate steady
- Billions up for grabs if nuclear deal opens Iran economy
Hi, I'm an American who won't ever let my tax $ go to abortion. And now I must go buy some Chinese-made products. -John Fugelsang
Do You Use Firefox?
Mozilla Corp, creator of the popular Firefox web browser, said on Thursday it would follow Google Inc and no longer recognize new certificates of trust issued by a Chinese Internet agency.
It seems the economy has been roughed up by the "denying gay people pizza" sector.- LOLGOP
I Hope You Had A Good Time Today!
- Cambodian cinema puts brakes on 'Furious 7' competition
- Judge says court battle over giant emerald can proceed
- Deputy Ordered To Undergo Counseling After Photo With Snoop
- BEST IDEA EVER! Perfume That Smells Better As You Sweat
- Bra-Wielding Burglar Thwarted By Woman Wielding Ceramic Chicken: Cops
Time To Deflate Photo
Peaceful wishes for a lovely weekend, ya'll.