Contentious debate over guns expected soon in Congress
Sen. Mitch McConnell assured the National Rifle Association a year ago that if Republicans took control of the Senate, the NRA's gun-friendly agenda would be on a faster track on Capitol Hill.
When the Black NRA shows up outside GOP meetings with guns to pose for pictures, I'm sure conservatives will love it!- LOLGOP
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Israel proposes new terms for 'more reasonable' Iran nuclear deal
- Barack Obama rejects Benjamin Netanyahu’s call for Iran to recognize Israel
- 18 dead in Yemen fighting as Saudi-led warships shell rebels
- Rebels kill eight Iran soldiers on Pakistan border
- Poll: Americans divided over Japan's military role in Asia
"I want to take my country back" always sounds a bit more terrifying when it's said with a southern accent.- LOLGOP
Hack Attempt Of Israel Websites Falls Short
Pro-Palestinian hackers disrupted Israeli websites on Tuesday, following threats from the Anonymous hacking collective that it would carry out an "electronic Holocaust," though Israeli cyber experts said the coordinated attacks caused little damage.
Being poor hurts your brain -- and so does finding out Iran has better parental leave laws than the U.S.- LOLGOP
- Bill O'Reilly: 'I Think I Trust Iran More Than I Trust the American Press'
- Staffer for GOP Senator Resigns After Arrest for Soliciting Prostitute
- Fox guest: Keep discrimination legal because Bible tells businesses not to hire atheists
- Fox host tells rape victims to man up: 'It's sexist to assume women can't handle their liquor'
- Lawmaker Tries to Cut Surf and Turf From the Food Stamp Diet
- No movies, concerts, or tattoos: Kansas bill would limit use of welfare funds
- Kansas governor signs nation's 1st ban on abortion procedure
Jeb Bush identified himself as Hispanic, so I guess it's actually pronounced "Yeb Bush."- Seth Myers
Rand Paul Continues Family Tradition Of Running For President
Republican Rand Paul on Tuesday officially announced on his website that he will run for U.S. president in 2016, hours before an event in his home state of Kentucky where he is expected to formally launch the campaign.
Rand Paul is less a champion of individual liberty and more a champion of inherit-your-presidential-campaign-from-your-dad liberty.- LOLGOP
Rock The Voter News
President Obama just made his first presidential trip to the state of Utah. Obama spent his time in Utah just like you'd expect — telling people, “Uh, no, I don't play for the Jazz.”- Jimmy Fallon
Today was the annual Easter egg roll on the White House lawn. Usually when you see something rolling on the White House lawn it's a drunk Secret Service agent.- Conan O'Brien
- Gas prices dip; Iran deal could push them lower
- Oil Rout Squeezes Property Owners From Houston to North Dakota
- Former Giants cornerback Allen accused by SEC of running Ponzi scheme
- Stanford's aluminum battery fully charges in just one minute
- Barista to college grad? Starbucks now covers 4 years of college tuition
More Than Half Of U.S. Inmates Are Mentally Ill
Occasionally policymakers and activists will talk about how the justice system needs to keep mentally ill people out of prisons. If it did that, prisons would be very empty indeed. A new Urban Institute report points out that more than half of all inmates in jails and state prisons have a mental illness of some kind:
It would be easier to respect your religious freedom if you weren't trying to break up other people's marriages to celebrate it.- LOLGOP
I hope you had a good time today.
- Sea Shepherd in dramatic rescue of Antarctic 'poaching' ship crew
- Aliens could be huge, says scientist
- Burger King to pay for the wedding of Mr. Burger, Ms. King
- Driving lesson ends with teen hitting building, 3 gas meters
- DNA testing for dog poop on the rise in Seattle area
Time To Deflate Photo
Angel Falls, Venezuela.