Black Americans killed by police in 2014 outnumbered those who died on 9/11
The shocking footage of South Carolina man Walter Scott being shot in the back as he ran from North Charleston police officer Michael Slager is once again putting attention on the large number of Americans who are killed by police.
"We've come to take our country back!" I must ask, from whom and to where?- Kona Lowell
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Cheney: Obama Looks Like He Wants To 'Take America Down' From The Inside
- American Soldier Killed, 2 U.S. Troops Wounded In Afghanistan Shooting
- Libya says 'new elements' in killing of US ambassador
- Texas cop caught on video punching Air Force veteran — after she says she’s pregnant
Trying to think of one thing the Bush Administration was better at than the Obama Administration. All I'm coming up with is allowing 9/11s.- LOLGOP
Love Those Cell Phone Videos
The South Carolina police officer charged with murder in the shooting death of a black man who was running away from him has been fired, and the remainder of the police force in North Charleston will soon be equipped with body cameras, the city's mayor said on Wednesday.
Dead men tell no tales. Unless a bystander takes out his camera phone. - The Daily Edge Tweet
- Rand Paul Gets Testy With Female NBC Anchor: 'Let Me Explain... OK?' (VIDEO)
- Twitter Ignites Over Rand Paul's 'JEW For Rand' Banner On New Website
- Voters Strip Protections From LGBT People In Springfield, Missouri Election
- Chris Matthews explodes at MSNBC: Quit putting ‘goddamn’ right-wing ads on for free
- Radio host Michael Savage thinks only white people fought in World War II
- Fired Ferguson official insists she’s not racist — she just thinks racist jokes are hilarious
- Arkansas city official repeatedly misspells black resident’s name as ‘Cooningham’
Dick Cheney continually reminds us how much better off we'd be if someone had told him that he has the right to remain silent.- LOLGOP
In Your Face Racists Using Their Freedumb Of Speech
A Confederate monument featuring 32 flags representing Civil War regiments is nearing completion in an east Texas town, alongside Martin Luther King Jr. Drive.
Poking The Poor In The Eye
Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback may sign a bill this week that would block welfare recipients from using state funds to lead ordinary, entertainment-filled lives. The bill, H.R. 2258, would block recipients from using their benefits to go to the movies, visit swimming pools, go gambling, and get tattoos, despite little to no evidence that any of these are actually happening.
Dick Cheney saying you're the worst president is like Ike Turner saying you're the most disobedient wife.- LOLGOP
Rock The Voter News
- President Obama, others link climate change to public health
- 2 Massachusetts Democrats voice unhappiness with Pelosi
The guys who say we need AR-15s to defend against government oppression feel obligated to point out that you shouldn't run from the police?- LOLGOP
Hispanic Conservatives Ignore Polls Just As White Conservative Do!
Hispanic conservative media personalities rushed to defend whether GOP presidential hopefuls Jeb Bush or Ted Cruz "deserve" to be labeled the most Hispanic candidate, ignoring polls that show Latinos care about policies, not personality, and both candidates advocate conservative policies at odds with the vast majority of Latino voters.
Where does Rand Paul stand on gay rights? On the back of the neck.- Kona Lowell
- U.S. Stocks Fluctuate as Fed Minutes Show Split Views on Rates
- Why the middle class is doing even worse than you think
- Russian, Greek leaders talk of restoring trade despite sanctions
- Twitter faces Google buyout rumors once again
I would find this field of candidates disappointing if they were applying for a job at Kinko's.- Andy Borowitz
Defense contractor FLIR Systems Inc. has agreed to pay $9.5 million to settle bribery charges filed by the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Someone in Utah has come down with a rare allergy to water. The person's going to be fine though because they just moved to California.- Conan O'Brien
- Images released of 'Mrs. Doubtfire' robber in California
- Florida Streaker Was High On Street Drug Called 'Flakka': Cops
- Boy Makes Rare Dino Discovery In Texas
- New Hampshire debates banning baiting bears with chocolate
- China to document its tourists behaving badly
Time To Deflate Photo
The Ili pika (Ochotona iliensis) lives in northwest China, there are around 2000 left in the world.
photo credit LI WEIDONG