Senate passes Republican budget with deep safety net cuts
The Senate passed a Republican-authored budget plan early on Friday that seeks $5.1 trillion in domestic spending cuts over 10 years while boosting military funding.
The 52-46 vote on the non-binding budget resolution put Congress on a path to complete its first full budget in six years. It came at the end of a marathon 18-hour session that saw approval of dozens of amendments ranging from Iran sanctions to carbon emissions and immigration policies.
Looking for the guys who say America is a Christian nation? They're gutting food aid to the poor to fund tax-free inheritances for the rich.- LOLGOP
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Saudi-led campaign strikes Yemen's Sanaa, Morocco joins alliance
- Tribes kill 21 Shiite rebels in south Yemen: local official
- Iran accuses Turkish leader Erdogan of fomenting regional strife
- Islamists storm Mogadishu hotel with government officials inside
- Ukraine rebels hand over bodies of 22 govt soldiers
Mike Pence should be glad Indiana businesses can't refuse service to bigoted and revoltingly fake Christians.- John Fugelsang
Europe Tightening Cockpit Rules
Europe's aviation safety agency will recommend Friday that airlines across the continent always have two people in the cockpit of a flying aircraft, according to Scandinavian authorities.
Republicans want to eliminate any taxes the kids of the richest .01% pay on inheritances because that's how much they care about deficits.- LOLGOP
- Sen. Ron Johnson on slashing student aid: Federal loans are a waste because ‘college is fun’
- GOP senator seeks to protect America from fancy, European-style dollar coins
- White man charged with slugging black ex-Cardinals player: ‘Go back to Ferguson, you n****r’
- Lobbyist claims Monsanto weed killer is safe to drink, then bolts when TV host offers him a glass
- GOP congresswoman gets surprise on Facebook after asking constituents for Obamacare horror stories
After years of bashing Obamacare, tea party candidate Ted Cruz just signed up for it. And next week he plans to get gay married at Planned Parenthood.- Conan O'Brien
Magical Abortion Reversal In Arizona!
Doctors in Arizona might soon be required to tell women that abortions can be "reversed." As the Washington Post reports, the Arizona legislature just passed a bill that is the latest in state-based attempts to ban women from using their own health insurance to pay for abortion. What makes this bill especially Orwellian is this attempt to force doctors to put the stamp of medical authority on the fantastical belief that women en masse are regretting their abortions hours after getting them and are miraculously getting them reversed through heroic interventions by Christian doctors.
Cruz Supporters Go Crazy On Republican Critic
Rep. Peter King (R-NY) said Friday that supporters of Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) had inundated his office with "vulgar, rabid and adolescent-type phone calls" ever since he criticized the presidential candidate earlier this week, the Washington Post reported.
Rock The Voter News
- Senate's Harry Reid announces he won't seek re-election
- Indiana to declare public health emergency over HIV outbreak
Indiana Anti-Gay Religious Freedumb Bill
Indiana Governor Mike Pence on Thursday signed into law a controversial religious freedom bill that could allow businesses and individuals to deny services to gays, in a move that prompted protests from some business leaders.
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, and it's those who watch Fox News.- Kona Lowell
Mercedes Pick-Up Truck? For Rich Rednecks?
The German luxury brand says that it plans to enter the market by 2017 and that its first pick-up will take styling cues from its SUV range and comfort cues from its existing executive sedans
This current bumper crop of candidates thrives on fleecing believers with the promise of a Conservative Christian Garden of Eden. Act now. Space is limited. - Tina Dupuy
- Oil down as Iran deal eyed; U.S. crude in for best week in four years
- 93 percent of nurses are women — and the 7 percent who are men still make more money
- Wall Street banks threaten to withhold campaign funds from Dems in tantrum against Elizabeth Warren
- Russia denies it's in talks with Argentina on leasing jets
Kraft Foods and Heinz will merge to create the fifth largest food and beverage company in the world. The merger will combine brands like Kraft Mac & Cheese, Heinz ketchup, Oscar Mayer wieners, and Philadelphia cream cheese. Or as stoners put it, "Already did that, bro.”- Jimmy Fallon
Shovel Ready Jobs Still In Limbo
It was another clear reminder of just how far apart the two parties are on any number of issues – including how to finance infrastructure spending.
Senate Republicans defeated a Democratic amendment to the proposed 2016 budget on Tuesday. It was aimed at kick-starting negotiations between the White House and Congress over a new multi-year program for funding highway, bridge and other infrastructure projects.
- Indonesian cops burn 1,000 pounds of seized marijuana, fumes get whole neighborhood high
- Drive from Europe to the U.S.? Russia proposes world's greatest superhighway
- Christian minister claims her gift of prophecy allows her to predict movie plots
- Texas woman smiles with pride after setting fire to yoga studio to ‘get rid of the devil’s temple’
- Belligerent birds chase people at central Florida park
Time To Deflate Photo