Jeb Bush Redacting Sensitive Information in Email Dump
Jeb Bush’s political action committee are redacting constituent Social Security numbers (SSNs) that were in his massive e-mail release Tuesday and they are laying the blame for the blunder squarely on the state of Florida, noting they tried to stop this from even happening last year.
Big shout out to Rick Wise for inspiring today's phototoon!
Brian Williams should do the right thing. Go to Disneyland, contract measles, then infiltrate the Kremlin and infect Putin.- Will Durst
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Syrian rebel leader vows guerrilla war in south against Hezbollah, govt
- U.S. embassy staff in Yemen destroy weapons, computers and documents: staff
- Israel warns anew of action against Iran
- Kiev, rebels sign cease-fire, but Ukraine's path to peace remains steep
- Shooting deaths of young Muslims leave North Carolina community reeling
NO U.S. Boots On The Ground
Samantha Power, the American ambassador to the United Nations, said on Thursday that the fight against ISIS will require ground troops, "but they aren't going to be American ground troops."
Congress is now polling at 9% approval. Chlamydia is at 12% and cannibals on bath salts holding at 15%.- John Fugelsang
GOP Hopes Pinned On A Judge From Texas
All signs this morning are that Congressional Republicans have no idea how they are going to get out of the jam they've landed themselves in on funding the Department of Homeland Security. Senate and House Republicans are fighting bitterly over how to accomplish the seemingly impossible: Passing DHS funding that also rolls back Obama’s executive deportation relief through both chambers before Feb. 27th, when funding runs out.
It turns out, though, that Republicans may have an escape hatch
- Friend of slain Muslim students rips GOP and Fox News: Stop dehumanizing Muslims
- CNN host destroys Roy Moore in epic interview: ‘Our laws do not come from God and you know that’
- Nebraska GOPer votes for LGBT protections, then vows to undo it to punish atheist who insulted religion
- Fox host: ‘We had to give up our freedom’ during snow storm because climate change is a hoax
- Texas judge strikes down ban on federal interstate handgun transfers
- Fox News Floats BS Story About Fleeing Marines Giving Rebels Their Gun
BREAKING: Ted Cruz and Steve King order all Congressional Republicans to cut off their own noses to spite Obama's face.- Tea Party Cat
Cruzin' For A Bruisin'
U.S. Senator Ted Cruz is pushing the State Marriage Defense Act, legislation that if signed into law could accomplish two objectives. First, redefine marriage at the federal level to remove from hundreds of thousands of same-sex couples the federal government's recognition of their marriages, and thus, any corresponding federal benefits they are afforded, now or in the future. And second, should the U.S. Supreme Court not find a right to marriage for same-sex couples, encourage states that do not wish to recognize those marriages to potentially nullify them.
Subject: Jeb Bush
Bush said he was releasing his emails in a spirit of ‘transparency’ but nobody does that either. The guy is a politician first, and he would put political interests ahead of transparency any day. I think Bush was trying to force the likes of Scott Walker, Chris Christie, Rand Paul, and Rick Perry out of the race (for money) early by squeezing them to release their emails. And wouldn’t we like to read some of those guys’ emails – all their emails, not just the ones on state servers?
But, in typical Bush ready-fire-aim fashion, Jeb failed to think through the consequences of his actions. Of course, you don’t have much time to think things through when you’re sending 20 emails an hour. So there were unintended consequences – the release of personal information on thousands of people. Unintended consequences and unforced errors seem to be Bush family hallmarks.
Now Jeb has a mess to clean up, a mess that did not exist until he created it by failing to think things through and pay attention to details. Does that sound like any other Bushes we know?
Beyond that, any Chief Executive who sends an average of 86 emails a day (for 365 days a year times eight years) just does not know how a CEO should manage his/her time. I would have very little confidence in the executive abilities of anybody who spends that much time on email. Every CEO, especially the President, has better things to do than send emails.
Anyway, let’s stay tuned. There’s more fun to come.
Thanks again for the phototoon inspiration. I am so dismayed that this country would even consider another Bush for president, just after another Democrat has cleaned up their mess!
A new report says that last year Colorado collected $44 million in marijuana taxes. Unfortunately, they can't remember where they put it.- Conan O'Brien
Rock The Voter News
- Pelosi says Obama war powers plan will be difficult to pass
- Democrats settle on Philadelphia as site of 2016 convention
Sad News For The Shrinking World Of Journalism
Veteran CBS News correspondent Bob Simon, whose decades-long career included covering major overseas conflicts and surviving Iraqi prison, was killed in a car accident on Wednesday in New York City, police and CBS said. He was 73.
Only 17% of Americans support a DHS shutdown to demand deportations -- all of them will vote in the 2016 GOP primary.- LOLGOP
Dan Rather got fired for telling the truth and Brian Williams got 6 months off for the other thing.- John Fugelsang
- Oil prices rally from sharp losses
- Tesla’s Elon Musk Calls Hydrogen ‘An Incredibly Dumb’ Car Fuel
- California Pledges To Eventually Stop Letting Oil Companies Dump Waste Into Its Water Sources
- Lawsuits say Harvard, MIT webcasts leave out deaf Americans
- 45,000 suicides annually linked to unemployment
Next up on Fox News: Democrats choose Philadelphia for 2016 convention, thus proving they hate the other 49 states.- Tea Party Cat
The 29 ports on the U.S. West Coast were effectively closed to cargo freighters for the second time in less than a week on Thursday under a partial shutdown imposed by shipping lines and terminal operators in an escalating labor dispute with the dockworkers' union.
BREAKING: House GOP passes Keystone XL pipeline bill, including requirement that Obama apologize to Koch brothers for taking so long.- Tea Party Cat
- The Internet Is Freaking Out About This Video of Obama Using a Selfie Stick
- No charges for woman who threw bacon into police station
- Barking dog could cost Seattle family their home
- 100-car pileup in South Korea (10 photos)
- What the World’s Cities Would Look Like If Every Glacier Melted
- Emergency services deduce 'banana' in pine tree is geocache
Time To Deflate Photo
"I'm simply saying that life, uh... finds a way."- Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park