Lawsuits claim Missouri towns jail poor people for profit
Ferguson, Missouri and a second St. Louis suburb are being accused in separate lawsuits of operating a "debtors' prison scheme," illegally jailing poor people who are unable to pay traffic tickets or fines tied to other minor offenses.
Looking for the guys who think America is a Christian nation? They're busy stopping marriages, killing peace deals & taking away health care. - LOLGOP
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- American hostage Mueller's death confirmed by Obama, family
- Senior Afghan militant with suspected IS links 'killed in drone attack'
- Kiev, rebels both claim gains on eve of Ukraine peace talks
- U.S. Senate panel backs Carter for Secretary for Defense
- Trial begins for U.S. Marine accused of twice deserting to Lebanon
- Britain to review high cost of Assange policing operation
Israeli Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu to cancel his address to Congress next month, citing concerns that Kanye West may interrupt.- Tea Party Cat
Syria and Hezbollah Join Forces
Syria's army gained ground from rebels in the south on Tuesday in what a monitoring group described as a large-scale offensive in the region backed by Lebanese Hezbollah fighters against insurgents including al Qaeda's Syrian wing.
Why did it take so long to expose Brian Williams' lie?
Because no one cared about fact-checking until we had a black president.- Tea Party Cat
- Republicans Still Denying Bush Lied About Iraq
- Koch stooges booed off stage in disastrous attempt to meddle in Montana’s Medicaid debate
- Alabama’s Roy Moore: I blocked gay marriages because father-daughter weddings were next
- 'God hates fags': Man stabs, strips, writes 'dyke' on lesbian -- then chokes her with dog leash
If Jeb wants to disclose something that might help him in 2016, it would be a DNA test saying he's not actually a Bush.- LOLGOP
Subject: Jeb's emails
So Jeb Bush has released his e-mails from his two terms as Florida governor.
That reminds me of the auditor who is out driving through the countryside with his girlfriend. The GF sees a flock of newly-shorn sheep over in the pasture and says to her BF, “Oh, look dear, all those sheep have just been shorn.” The auditor replies, “Yes, they have been … on this side.”
Forgive my skepticism, but I think there’s something here we’re not seeing. I don’t know if it’s private e-mail accounts (gmail, yahoo, etc.), accounts using pseudonyms, or whatever. But there’s something here we’re not seeing. Could these e-mails be a shiny object meant to draw our attention away from something else? Let’s stay tuned. I don't trust these buggers.
You're probably on to something or he wants to tie up the time of journalists reading over a quarter million emails.
"President Obama unveiled a $4 trillion budget for 2016 that would increase taxes on the wealthy and spend more money on education. He also made a snowball and put it in the oven, just to see which would last longer, his budget or the snowball." –Jimmy Fallon
Rock The Voter News
- Obama to Netanyahu: Merkel wouldn't have done it
- Obama’s ‘Crusades’ Video Boosts ISIS Propaganda Campaign
That awkward moment when the Supreme Court forces Alabama to allow gay marriage and then God doesn't destroy the Earth.- Tea Party Cat
Haters Hate. Lovers Love.
The U.S. Supreme Court's move on Monday to allow gay marriage to proceed in Alabama is the strongest signal yet that the justices are likely to rule in June that no state can restrict marriage to only heterosexual couples.
"I like Mitt Romney. He looks like the guy who comes with the picture frame." –David Letterman
The CDC announced that there are currently 102 measles cases in the U.S. Some say it's because people aren't vaccinating their children. You can tell things are getting bad. Today Disneyland opened a new ride called 'It's a Smallpox World.'" –Jimmy Fallon
Cyber Security Traps
Ever since the Internet blossomed in the 1990s, cybersecurity was built on the idea that computers could be protected by a digital quarantine. Now, as hackers routinely overwhelm such defenses, experts say cybersecurity is beyond due an overhaul.
Their message: Neutralize attackers once they're inside networks rather than fixating on trying to keep them out.
- Oil falls as IEA warns stocks may approach all-time high
- California formally opens large solar plant
- World car of the year finalists announced
- Time-Lapse Map Shows The Number Of Earthquakes Fracking Has Caused (VIDEO)
Wall Street closes lower amid worries that Obama plans to jail all Christians over slavery and Jim Crow.- Tea Party Cat
Illinois Union Breaker
In a strike against public employee unions, Illinois Governor Bruce Rauner on Monday signed an order eliminating union dues for some state employees who do not want to pay to support union activities.
Had lunch with Brian Williams. He told me about his part in covering up Obama’s Kenyan birth certificate with all the other liberal media.- Tea Party Cat
- Shirley Manson calls Kanye 'small and petty and spoilt' following Beck Grammy incident
- Colombia's FARC rebels invite Miss Universe to attend peace talks
- Amazing! Original Magna Carta Copy Found in Scrapbook
- Chilean mountaineers find plane lost in Andes over 53 years ago
- Water manager faces discipline for urinating in reservoir
Time To Deflate Photo
The Great Wall of China. I can envision ancient Chinese soldiers patrolling the wall.