Chris Christie's Long Dance with Anti-Vaxxers
Six years ago, the governor-to-be told vaccine critics that he would stand with them.
In 2009, as he was on the way to winning his first term as governor of New Jersey, Chris Christie took the time to answer a question from the vaccine-skeptic group Life Health Choices. In a letter, pulled today by reporter Olivia Nuzzi, Christie assured vaccine critics that he had heard them.
I think it's very impressive that between closing bridges and shouting at teachers Chris Christie has somehow found the time to become an expert in the science of vaccinations.- Andy Borowitz
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Syrian Kurds push back Islamic State around Kobani: monitor, Kurds
- Rebels pound Ukrainian troops after peace talks fail
- Jordan says envoy to return to Israel three months after recall
- Hurdles stack up on Iran nuclear deal
@JebBush Shouldn't you wait for the wars your brother lost to be over before you run for president?- LOLGOP
What A Saudi Prince Does For Sport
Pakistani authorities are finalising arrangements for a Saudi prince to visit its southwestern desert region to hunt the Houbara bustard, a bird supposedly protected by law, officials said Monday.
I wonder if Christie's GOP competitors will take the bold stand that we shouldn't spread infectious diseases needlessly.- LOLGOP
- McCain On Sarah Palin's Incoherent Speech: I Didn't See It
- Georgia Senate Resolution Condemns 'Revisionist' AP U.S. History Course
- Huckabee: I Have Gay Friends But I'll Oppose Gay Marriage Until I See 'New Version' Of Bible
- McConnell Jokes Cruz Throwing Himself In Front Of Train Over Obamacare Has 'Merit'
- Rand Paul Hits Jeb Bush For 'Hypocrisy' On Prep School Pot Use
- Christie's Office Does Damage Control On Vaccine Remarks
Christie and Paul are just going to end up splitting the batsh*t vote.- Tina Dupuy
Liars & Their Damn Lies
Last week, a new, peer-reviewed paper from scientists at Germany’s Alfred Wegener Institute was published in the journal Nature Geoscience. The paper is important: for the first time, it shows that scientists can use incredibly old permafrost to find out what temperatures were like in Siberia thousands of years ago. By using this permafrost, the scientists found that temperatures in Siberia have been gradually rising for the past 7,000 years.
Enter the climate denier media. After the findings were published...
I get why flirting with vaccine denialism is political suicide. I don't get why embracing climate denialism doesn't.- Michael Grunwald Tweet
Rock The Voter News
- Obama proposes $3.99 trillion budget, sets up battle with Republicans
- A look at potential Democratic contenders in 2016 race
Republicans coming out as pro-Measles pretty much proves the theory Obama could starve Republicans by advocating food consumption.- LOLGOP
Big Dog Nails GOP
Bill Clinton recently weighed in on the current situation with the government standoff on ABC’s show “This Week”.
Bill told the host “I’ve never seen a time– can you remember a time in your lifetime when a major political party was just sitting around, begging for America to fail?”
Watching McCain push Lindsey Graham for president is a reminder that even the guy who picked Sarah Palin can try to outdo his worst mistake.- LOLGOP
- Oil prices rise as US refineries strike
- The homeownership rate hasn't bottomed
- Super Bowl 49's advertising winners and losers
- Oregon strippers lobby for better work conditions
- Mexican opium farmers expand plots to supply US heroin boom
Oscars are where we celebrate film by talking about clothes and Superbowls are where we celebrate football by talking about commercials.- John Fugelsang
Millions Of Gallons Of BP OIL On The Bottom Of The Gulf Of Mexico
When BP's Deepwater Horizon oil rig exploded on April 20, 2010, it spewed 200 million gallons of crude oil into the Gulf of Mexico before it was finally capped after 87 days.
Is it just me, or are Patriots fans acting a little over-inflated today?- John Fugelsang
- Anti-vaxxer doctor leaves public health to others: ‘My child is pure’
- Nut rage: Korean Air boss's daughter treated crew 'like slaves'
- Deputy retires over Wyoming sheriff's ban on Western attire
- Police: Woman dials wrong number, offers detective drugs
- Suspicious package at NYC bus station filled with 1K condoms
- Pro wrestler cheats at Wing Bowl, hides food in fanny pack
Time To Deflate Photo
The Raggiana Bird of Paradise.