$1.5 Billion over Budget, 12 Years Late for DHS Headquarters
The 250,000 employee Department of Homeland Security has a spending problem. And it isn’t just because Congress and President Obama are at an impasse over a bill that could partially shut down the agency.
The irony of 50 Shades of Grey is that people who pay to see it are the real masochists.- John Fugelsang
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- ISIS Fighters Sneak Into Iraqi Base Wearing Iraqi Army Uniforms
- IS jihadists attack Iraq base housing US forces
- Brian Williams' Lie Pales Next To Iraq Deceit, Denial
- Fighting rages in run-up to Ukraine ceasefire
- Germany condemns Greek cartoon depicting Schaeuble as Nazi
Poisoning Our Troops
Federal watchdogs are once again calling attention to a potentially dangerous practice occurring daily at U.S. military bases in Afghanistan.
It involves taking out the trash.
Many U.S. troops are still using open-air burn pits to dispose of their garbage.
REPORT: The 62 Senators who voted for #KeystoneXL received an average of 47 Shades of Grey from oil companies. - The Daily Edge Tweet
Cruel & Unusual Punishment Thrives
South Carolina Inmate Receives 37 Years In Solitary Confinement For Updating Facebook
Almost 400 inmates in South Carolina have spent time in solitary confinement for using social media websites, a violation the state Department of Corrections defines as equal to murdering or raping a fellow inmate, according to an Electronic Frontier Foundation investigation.
- Women, and other lesser cuts of meat
- Congressman Says We Don’t Need Education Funding Because ‘Socrates Trained Plato On A Rock’
- Oklahoma bill would protect clergy who won't perform gay marriages
- Fox Host: Obama Says 'YOLO' But Hostage Kayla Mueller Is Dead (VIDEO)
- Sarah Palin's Message Of Love To American Oil And Gas
- Charlie Sheen Comes Out As A Republican?
If you don't believe in evolution, I don't believe in your tax policies.- Tina Dupuy
If We Don't Get Our Way, We'll Shutdown DHS
It wasn't supposed to be like this for Republicans. A month into their control of both chambers of Congress, they are confronting the very real possibility of a shutdown of the Homeland Security Department later this month.
The GOP wants 2 Americas. One where people have insurance, equality & a search for truth and another where you piss test the poor for kicks.- LOLGOP
Rock The Voter News
- Obama arrives in San Francisco for 3-day visit
- Biden Being Biden: Veep Gives Shout Out to “Butt Buddy”
- As The Measles Outbreak Grows, Don't Forget These 12 Other Scary Epidemics
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: 'I Wasn't 100 Percent Sober' At State Of The Union
Now let's give Ruth Bader Ginsburg some pot before the next State of the Union and she can decide which is more dangerous.- LOLGOP
U.S. Spreads Measles To Germany
A spike of measles infections in Berlin has been traced to unvaccinated refugees, but at least two cases appear to have come from the United States, authorities in the German capital said Friday.
If you did breathalyzers of everyone as they walked into the State of the Union, it would become the gambling event of the year.- LOLGOP
The whole point of watching the State of Union is to get a little Ginsburged and stop before getting too Boehnered.- Tina Dupuy
- Union, refinery owners set for U.S. contract talks next week
- This Producer Shows How the U.S. Can Put Brakes on Shale
- Goldman ex-programmer sues FBI agents, claims rights violations
- Velveeta revives as young and poor shop dollar stores for groceries
The Rich Will Be Pissed
Nobel Prize-winning economist Robert Shiller has a grim message for investors: Save up, because in the years ahead, assets aren't going to give you the type of returns that you've become accustomed to.
In his third edition of "Irrational Exuberance," which will drop later this month, the Yale professor of economics warns about high prices for stocks and bonds alike.
50 Shades of Grey is so timid compared to the steamy Bible, where whipping is foreplay for death and bondage is what you keep your slaves in. - Mrs. Betty Bowers
Today's edition was late today, as I had a visitor. My friend Yerlin was hit in the head yesterday by a falling branch. She was sitting on her motorcycle talking on the phone when it happened. Two men at the nearby bus stop, saw what happened and ran over to help her, as blood was gushing from her head. They wanted to call an ambulance but Yerlin refused. Instead, she stopped the bleeding and rode her motorcycle 30 miles to the large clinic in Santa Cruz and then drove back home. The nearby clinic had closed for the day. She got 5 stitches.
She is such a strong woman. I am so glad that she is OK.
- The Pope Benedict Conspiracy Theories
- India's Modi appalled by temple built to worship him
- It's no hoot: Oregon city to post signs about attacking owl
- Judge: Unshuffled cards void game, winnings must be returned
- Superstition times 3: 2015 calendar has 3 Friday the 13ths
Time To Deflate Photo
Happy Valentine's Day to all the lovers out there!