Death of Saudi king unsettles oil market, prices waver
Oil prices rose initially on news of the death of Saudi Arabia's powerful King Abdullah, but the increase was moderate and short-lived.
The king's death is unlikely to lead to a change in the kingdom's immense crude production or change the course of oil prices in the coming months, analysts say.
To be fair to Saudi Arabia, 4 of the 19 9/11 hijackers weren't from there.- LOLGOP
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- New Saudi king seeks to reassure on succession and policy
- HRW urges Saudi's new king to respect rights
- Obama hails late Saudi king's commitment to ties with U.S.
- U.S. pulls more staff from Yemen embassy amid deepening crisis
REPORT: Guys who were OK with a president misleading us into a catastrophic invasion upset that the president did interviews with YouTubers.- LOLGOP
Anti-Semitism and the U.N.
The first U.N. General Assembly meeting on anti-Semitism on Thursday sparked calls for global action to combat the rising hatred of Jews and a surprising denunciation from the world's 57 Islamic nations of all words and acts that lead "to hatred, anti-Semitism, Islamaphobia."
Saudi King Abdullah has died; members of the Bush family to be flown at half-mast.- John Fugelsang
Free speech in America means you can go on TV and say 'Dick Cheney is evil' but you can't say 'Cheney is an evil dick.'- John Fugelsang
- Tea Party spawns GOP nightmare: How it’s already ruining the party’s ’16 strategy
- Could The GOP Turn Social Security Into A Perennial 'Crisis' Like The Debt Limit?
- In Iowa, potential GOP candidates compete for 2016 spotlight
- Glenn Beck To Pope Francis: I Need To Teach You About Capitalism
- Immigration Critic Jeff Sessions Will Chair Senate Panel On Immigration
GOP will allow abortions in cases of rape, as long as the woman's entire town certifies that she isn't some hussy.- Tea Party Cat
The Daughter Of Darth Vader Is A Decorator!
Mary Cheney is the self-proclaimed daughter of Darth Vader.
“I’m Darth Vader’s daughter,” Cheney, 45, said during a discussion at American University on Wednesday, adding that the moniker led her to decorate her son’s room with a vintage figurine of the “Star Wars” character.
Which reproductive rights ban that will never become law are Republicans cannibalizing themselves over today?- LOLGOP
Rock The Voter News
- Hazy skies the backdrop for Obama's climate talks in India
- YouTube stars interview Obama and things get weird
First lady Michelle Obama wore a suit to the State of the Union that apparently had also been worn by Julianna Margulies’ character on the “The Good Wife.” They both wore the same outfit, which is why Obama just passed an executive action ordering Us Weekly to say Michelle wore it better.- Jimmy Fallon
Loaded Guns In Airports
The next time you are standing in the security line at the airport, be aware that some of your fellow passengers may be packing more than just clothes.
The Transportation Security Administration says that a record 2,212 firearms were discovered in passenger's carry-on bags or on their bodies in the past year. And more than eighty percent of those guns were loaded.
"We saved an economy that was on the brink of depression. We've created 11 million new jobs. We've doubled clean energy. We've reduced pollution. We've made sure that more young people can go to college. We have given now so far 10 million people health insurance that didn't have it before, and that's going to grow over time. We have ended two wars in a responsible way." —President Obama
- Nothing Is Going to Save the Housing Market
- Monthly US rents keep climbing, especially in San Francisco
- Top official: Russians will 'eat less' for Putin
- SkyMall Lands in Bankruptcy as In-Flight Shopping Changes
If you really care about controlling gas prices, you should run for King of Saudi Arabia.- LOLGOP
Oil Jobs To Disappear
Oil drillers will begin collapsing under the weight of lower crude prices during the second quarter and energy explorers who employ them will shortly follow, according to Conway Mackenzie Inc., the largest U.S. restructuring firm.
A new helicopter service called Gotham Air is now offering users cheap flights from Manhattan to JFK or Newark airports that start at just $99. If there's two words I trust together in the same sentence, it's “cheap” and “helicopter.”- Jimmy Fallon
- Israeli's 'magic' yarmulke made to protect Jews from attacks
- Mannequin on billboard spurs 911 calls about possible jumper
- Man close to running 7 marathons in 7 days on 7 continents
- Man who bought lottery tickets to break $100 bill wins $10M
- Ohio Police Looking For 'Braveheart Bandit'
Time To Deflate Photo
Hot-springs in Arenal, Costa Rica.