CIA feared for future of interrogation program, report shows
A decade ago, when word started getting out in Washington that the CIA conducted brutal interrogations, the program had already hit a major speed bump inside the Bush administration over whether the White House really knew what was going on at the secret "black site" prisons overseas.
Torture totally solves everything. That's why the world was perfect when Bush and Cheney left office.- LOLGOP
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Attacks Kill 15 in Iraq as Country Battles IS
- Suicide Bomber Kills 6 Afghan Soldiers
- Hong Kong Police Arrest Protesters and Dismantle Encampment
- FSU Lecturer Fired After Blaming ‘Filthy Rodent Muslims’ for Ruining America
Weird. The only administration who thought they needed torture was the only administration that didn't stop 9/11.- LOLGOP
Just six days after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, President Bush signed a secret order that gave the Central Intelligence Agency the power to capture and imprison terrorists with Al Qaeda. But the order said nothing about where they should be held or how the agency should go about the business of questioning them.
They envisioned a system in which detainees would be offered the same rights and protections as inmates held in federal or American military prisons.
It's Crap, Says Cheney
In an interview that aired on Fox News Wednesday, former Vice President Dick Cheney called the recently released report on the CIA’s use of torture after 9/11 a “terrible piece of work.”
That awkward moment when Cheney says "we needed to torture to stop another 9/11" and Obama stopped torture and another 9/11 didn't happen.- Top Conservative Cat
- Cheney Throws Bush Under The Bus On Torture Program
- Republicans clash on reversing nuclear option in Senate
- Shutdown wary US Republicans likely to OK funding bill
- Republican Praises MSNBC Host from House Floor
Sure, our former vice president is running around admitting to war crimes but at least he isn't trying to fight global warming.- LOLGOP
There’s No Way Bush and Cheney Didn’t Know
The Senate Intelligence Committee suggests that the White House knew everything about the CIA’s torture program but the details.
Be warned, children! Launch aggressive wars, approve torture, destroy millions of jobs and YOU TOO could end up on Meet the Press.- LOLGOP
Rock The Voter News
- Partisans collide as Obama team seeks to avoid CIA fight
- Leaked Sony Emails Reveal Jokes About Obama and Race
The Race Gap Widens
- Americans overall say they disapprove (51%) rather than approve of (41%) the executive actions President Barack Obama plans to take to deal with undocumented immigrants living in the U.S. However, Hispanics, U.S. immigrants and blacks approve of the actions by wide margins, whereas whites are oppose them.
A church in Alabama will start hosting their Sunday services at Buffalo Wild Wings so they can reach a wider audience. And no audience is wider than the people who eat at Buffalo Wild Wings.- Seth Myers
This Trailer for the movie W. by Oliver Stone Captures The Bush Presidency
- Oil edges up toward $65, traders see more downside
- Iran: Fall in oil prices is 'treachery'
- Judge sides with California workers in Walmart labor dispute
- U.S. spending bill adds $1.46 billion for military to buy 15 Boeing jets
Meanwhile, South of the Border...
Mexico is ready to intervene in currency markets to fight the peso's fall against the dollar amid concerns over dropping oil prices and a possible increase in U.S. interest rates.
"Pope Francis announced that next year he is coming to the United States, or as Fox News is reporting it, 'Obama lets in yet another guy from South America.'" –Conan O'Brien
- Israeli youngsters try to rob bank with toy guns
- Police: Students stole fraternity's chicken, ate it
- Boater rescued south of Hawaii after 12 days adrift
- Man Living In Sports Bar Ceiling Trips Water Main, Gets Stuck In Wall
- Man Facing Heroin Charges Brings Syringe To Court: Cops
Time To Deflate Photo