Meet the woman spearheading the federal probe of Ferguson
Vanita Gupta was only weeks out of law school in 2001 when she began looking into a strange series of drug busts in a tiny West Texas ranch town named Tulia.
Bill O’Reilly: “Why are people protesting racial injustice in Ferguson instead of celebrating Christmas? It’s a #WarOnChristmas!!!” - Top Conservative Cat
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Iraqi army retakes chemical weapons site from Islamic State
- French parliament to call for recognition of Palestinian state
- Court Rejects GOPer's Claim That Navy Violated His Religious Freedom
Florida's Fooling With Their Own Loosey Goosey Gun Laws
An appeal before the Florida Supreme Court on Tuesday could shift the burden of proof for the state’s "stand your ground" law, relieving gun owners of a legal duty to prove self-defense when they brandish weapons in violent confrontations.
|Maybe John McCain can ask Sarah Palin for advice!|
Fifty-nine years ago Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat. Or as people today might describe it, she inconvenienced the other passengers.- Adam Sewer
- Jon Stewart imagines Fox News of the 1960s: “Relax: Selma isn’t slavery!”
- John Boehner Plots A Way Around A Government Shutdown
- NYT Reporter Explains Hourlong 'Morning Joe' Silence: 'I Didn't Flee'
- Utah man insists he did interracial family a favor by sending them a death threat
- Gun nut yells at cops conducting DUI checkpoint, later hit by drunk driver on way home
Give Republicans a fish and they'll make up BS numbers to justify giving two fishes to the rich. - LOLGOP
What Would Jesus Do? Yep, Texas Wants To Execute Another Mentally Ill Person
United Nations human rights investigators called on the state of Texas and U.S. federal authorities to halt the execution of a man with a history of mental illness, scheduled for Wednesday.
Rock The Voter News
- Obama administration could support short-term tax extender deal
- Obama administration announces major decline in medical errors
- Ashton Carter is Obama's likely Pentagon pick
- Ferguson Boutique Raises Nearly $20,000 To Rebuild After Fire
Republicans won less than 30% of the Latino vote on self-deportation. Now they're going to see how they do without the "self" part.- LOLGOP
Democrats Are Sick Of Racism
Rep. Marcia Fudge (D-OH) on Monday described the decision not to indict a white police officer for shooting an unarmed black teenager as a “slap in the face.”
I once got pepper sprayed while Black Friday shopping in Walmart and I can honestly say it enhanced the experience.- John Fugelsang
If you actually wanted to prevent abortions, you'd be furious at corporations that fire people for being pregnant. - LOLGOP
- Turkey, Russia look to shake up gas market
- Iraqi government reaches major oil deal with Kurds
- Phillips 66 shuts FCC at Borger, Texas refinery for work
- NYT Editor Slams Vicious Criticism Over Publishing Darren Wilson's Street Name
The acting director of the Secret Service, Joseph Clancy, said they may make the fence around the White House taller because of the recent security failures. When asked if he had any other ideas, he said, "Uh, make the sidewalk lower?"- Jimmy Fallon
Bye, Bye Miss American
A California economics professor says he’s crunched the numbers, and he has concluded that the American Dream is dead.
Gregory Clark, a researcher at the University of California, Davis, found that social mobility had diminished significantly in the past 100 years
There will be no Kardashian family Christmas card this year because they couldn't decide on an appropriate photo. I thought, when did the word "appropriate" ever have anything to do with that family?- David Letterman
Thank you Ramesh!
NOTICE: Sometimes Teabaggers are just plain idiots. There is a teabagger that lives behind me here in Costa Rica. This guy KNOWS EVERYTHING, he'll gladly tell you that, and anyone who will listen to him. Welllllll, he has been chopping down beautiful giant trees all over his property the past week and TODAY one fell on the power lines and shut down the power for 2 hours until the crews could get out here and fix it. At least 100 homes and the water pumping station were without electricity. Right after he chopped down the tree, he got into his SUV and left. I hope the power company charges him for all the damage he did.
That is the reason for my late post today! Idiot.
- Driver wedges car onto Golden Gate Bridge walkway
- Japanese Commercial Features Instant Fried Shrimp Machine
- Florida man charged with stealing beef tongue
- Workers free Pennsylvania inmate's arm from toilet
- Canada family lived with corpse for 6 months awaiting resurrection
Time To Deflate Photo
Pacific Southwest Airlines Stewardesses, 1972.