In 179 fatalities involving on-duty NYPD cops in 15 years, only 3 cases led to indictments — and just 1 conviction
A Daily News analysis of NYPD-involved deaths starts with the 1999 slaying of unarmed Amadou Diallo in a hail of bullets in the Bronx and ends with last month’s shooting death of Akai Gurley in a Brooklyn stairwell. Where race was known, 86% were black or Hispanic
Poll shows most Americans believe race relations in baseball worsened under Jackie Robinson.- LOLGOP
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Syria, Iran accuse Israel of air strike; arms for Hezbollah are likely target
- EU needs to work with Turkey, partners to stop foreign fighters: Mogherini
- U.S., UK face nuclear disarmament pressure at Vienna meeting
- Uruguay welcomes six Guantánamo detainees, underlining focus on human rights
- Twice in one month: Another Okla. 3-year-old accidentally shoots and kills family member
- Graffiti artist critical after being run over by unmarked police car chasing him
China's Eye Gets Poked
China's foreign ministry rebuked the U.S. Congress on Monday after legislators passed a bill allowing the sale of second-hand warships to Taiwan, the self-ruled island which Beijing claims as a renegade province.
'Eric Garner and Michael Brown would be alive if they'd obeyed law enforcement' - white guy who supported Cliven Bundy.- John Fugelsang
Newt Gingrich says gays can't marry cos 'marriage is sacred.' Oh, & every 12 years or so, Newt's needed some New Sacred.- John Fugelsang
Protests Across The Nation, Mostly Non-Violent
From the streets of California to the stores of New York City, protesters are making sure no one forgets the case of Eric Garner.
But some are doing so more violently than others.
- Rush Limbaugh Falls Apart On Fox News After Being Confronted With Reality
- How the Affordable Care Act has proved conservative economics are all wrong — again
- Fox host: Minority communities need to be trained to be ‘more sensitive to the police’
- WATCH: ABC panel pummels neocon Rich Lowry when he claims ‘forced kissing’ isn’t sexual assault
- Tucker Carlson: Ban Satanic holiday displays because Christian nativities are 'reality'
Jesus came to America but he was brown, had no papers and didn't speak English so they shipped Him off to Juarez. - John Fugelsang
2012 far right: Rape can't make you pregnant.
2014 far right: Somebody oughta teach these rape victims a thing or two.- LOLGOP
Baptists Also Believe That If Anything Bad Happens To You, It's Probably Your Fault
Responding to a book written by an author documenting his struggles as a gay Christian, a Baptist minister wrote the author a very un-Christian email saying “I pray that you will commit suicide.”
22 people had to approve every Mitt Romney campaign tweet. Such a tragedy that America missed out on that kind of bold leadership.- LOLGOP
Rock The Voter News
- These Photos Show The Physical Toll Of Being President Of The United States
- Special Report: In ever-clubbier bar, eight men emerge as Supreme Court confidants
NYPD spends $700M each yr settling lawsuits re: police abuse, negligence, property damage. $700M would pay for 12K teacher salaries.- Eric Boehlert
What Liberal Media?
When the Republican-led House Intelligence Committee quietly released a report on the Friday before Thanksgiving clearing U.S. officials of multiple accusations leveled after the 2012 Benghazi attacks, it didn't exactly capture the public's attention.
Eighty-four percent of Americans said they had heard little or nothing about the report's release
Keep Christ in Christmas? Can we put him back in Christianity first?- John Fugelsang
"There are reports that President Obama has finally found a nominee to replace Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel. His nominee is named Ashton Carter. Which sounds less like a defense secretary and more like the member of a boy band." –Jimmy Fallon
- Banks urge big customers to take cash elsewhere
- Euro will be 'dismantled' in 3 years: Pro
- For Russia, a perfect storm of economic woe looms
- The wealthy suffer from an ‘empathy gap’ with the poor that is fueling a rise in inequality
- House Votes to Extend Tax Breaks Through December ...
The Great Native American Land Grab
On December 4th, the House passed the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) which included a provision to transfer 2,400 acres of Apache ancestral and ceremonial lands to a foreign mining company.
You can be depressed, or you can google the phrase 'Rick Perry eats a corndog in front of a painting.'- John Fugelsang
Prohibition ended 81 years ago today. But not for you, pothead.- John Fugelsang
- Scarecrows outnumber people in dying Japan town
- Man scares off thieves with gun on walker
- Woman banned from bingo asks New Mexico to help
- Baby weighing nearly 14 pounds born in Colorado
- Deer breaks through 2 doors, ransacks bathroo
Time To Deflate Photo