Part of Michael Brown's mother Lesley McSpadden's reaction to the news that a St. Louis County grand jury would not indict Ferguson, Mo., police officer Darren Wilson for shooting her son Michael Brown was caught on tape.
Missouri should change it's name to Misery, a more accurate description of a state that released this information late at night. Can the US Justice Dept. charge the state of Missouri with inciting a riot?
"In too many parts of this country, a deep distrust exists between law enforcement and communities of color.” - President Barack Obama
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- U.N. chief urges peaceful Ferguson protests, rights protection
- North Korea: Ferguson was a ‘disgrace’ and the United States are now ‘laughingstock of the world’
- REPORT: Body Of Black Man Found With Gunshot Wounds In Ferguson
- Ferguson Commission Member: 'Riots Are the Language of the Unheard'
- 21 Things You Can't Do While Black
- Missouri governor orders more National Guard troops to Ferguson after riots
I'm not shocked by those defending Wilson. Its easier to defend the cop than it is to admit that racial bias & systemic racism exists.- Elon James White tweet
Don Lemon Gets Schooled By Jesse Jackson
CNN host Don Lemon was perplexed by the violence that erupted in Ferguson after the St. Louis County grand jury decided not to indict police officer Darren Wilson, and turned to Rev. Jesse Jackson for an explanation.
- Darren Wilson’s testimony: Michael Brown looked ‘like a demon,’ was as big as Hulk Hogan
- Ferguson prosecutor slams “non-stop” social media while calling for increased attention to race
- Giuliani slams 'racial arsonists,' calls Ferguson grand jury's decision 'correct'
- Did the White House inflame emotions in Ferguson?
- Boehner: I'm ready to 'reappoint' members to special Benghazi panel in new Congress
Conservatives seem to think the media can cause unrest. I guess their proof is that Fox News created the Tea Party.- LOLGOP
POLL: No Government Shutdown
Americans are evenly divided as to whether President Barack Obama should act unilaterally to reshape the immigration system but they broadly oppose a government shutdown as a way to stop him, according to a new Quinnipiac University poll.
By a 68 to 25 percent margin, voters don't want Congress to shut down "major activities of the federal government" in order to thwart Obama's executive actions on immigration.
A black policeman protects a KKK member, as protesters were closing in on them in at a rally in Austin, Texas, 1983.
When have the authorities in Ferguson ever give us any reason not to be 100% confident in their judgement?- LOLGOP
Wilson Sounds Like A Weenie
Wilson, who testified that he is 6'4 and around 210 lbs, told the grand jury that when he tried to grab Brown, "the only way to describe it is that I felt like a five-year-old holding onto Hulk Hogan." At one point, he expressed concern that Brown could have possibly killed him with a punch to the face.
This Is Black People Feel The Way They Do After Hundreds of Years Of Mistreatment
Hotel owner James Brock pouring acid in the pool while black people swim in it, 1964
Rock The Voter News
- National Bar Association calls for Federal Charges against Darren Wilson
- Virginia couple protests immigration reform with Nazi flag: ‘Obama usurped his oath of office’
- Brown family lawyers condemn violent protests
Can Cops Legally Shoot People?
A Missouri grand jury's decision to spare police officer Darren Wilson from criminal charges is the latest in a long line of police shooting investigations that show the latitude afforded law enforcement in using deadly force.
The guys who warn about 2nd amendment solutions when you try to get them health care seem oddly ok with the state shooting certain men dead.- LOLGOP
Britain and Police Shootings
In 2012, according to data compiled by the FBI, 410 Americans were “justifiably” killed by police—409 with guns. That figure may well be an underestimate. Not only is it limited to the number of people who were shot while committing a crime, but also, amazingly, reporting the data is voluntary.
Last year, in total, British police officers actually fired their weapons three times. The number of people fatally shot was zero. In 2012 the figure was just one. Even after adjusting for the smaller size of Britain’s population, British citizens are around 100 times less likely to be shot by a police officer than Americans. Between 2010 and 2014 the police force of one small American city, Albuquerque in New Mexico, shot and killed 23 civilians; seven times more than the number of Brits killed by all of England and Wales’s 43 forces during the same period.
It seems as if all you have to do to make some conservatives trust the government is shoot an unarmed black teenager.- LOLGOP
- U.S. stocks under pressure after November consumer confidence dips
- Japan's young fret as unexpected recession hits
- Obama Wants Middle Class Aid Before Corporate Tax Breaks
- Andrew Card to lead Franklin Pierce University
Good thing we have the GOP to focus on the big stuff. Taking insurance, war with Iran, the 9th Benghazi report & how you celebrate Christmas. - LOLGOP
OPEC Says No To High Oil Prices
Impromptu talks between Saudi Arabia, fellow OPEC member Venezuela and oil powers Russia and Mexico yielded no agreement on Tuesday on how to address a growing oil glut, ending without any plan to cut output despite a collapse in prices.
- Christian Louboutin's Holiday Nail Polish Costs $675
- Houston pastor refuses to bury 93-year-old woman who didn’t tithe enough while in a coma
- 17-year-old Florida girl arrested for running high school prostitution ring on Facebook
- Florida man pulls back gun hammer to threaten wife, dog — then accidentally shoots self in face
- In Seattle, tofu turkeys get Thanksgiving pardons
Time To Deflate Photo
Sea Cliffs - Normandy, France.