Ebola update: Maine judge orders quarantine for nurse Kaci Hickox
A Maine judge has ordered a quarantine for nurse Kaci Hickox, who defied her Ebola quarantine in a tense standoff with state authorities.
Chances you get Ebola from a nurse: 0/300 million
Chances you'll die by gunshot: 1/10K
This has been today's Worry About the Right Shit- LOLGOP
BREAKING NEWS: Judge's rejection of nurse quarantine 'unfortunate': Maine governor
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Air strikes hit Kobani as Kurdish peshmerga prepare to enter
- Syrian air strikes kill over 200 civilians in 10 days: monitor
- Members of Congress demand to see Guantánamo detainee force-feeding videos
- Muslim men over 50 pray at Jerusalem's Aqsa mosque amid tight security
- Could gas deal signal Russia - Ukraine detente?
No Kumbaya Moment Reported
Afghanistan's new president invited the Taliban to join in a peace process backed by the international community on Friday, in an unusual direct reference to the insurgents who have stepped up attacks aimed at bringing down his month-old government.
So we quarantine anyone who helps Ebola patients-- but only if they helped patients in Africa, where we really need them. Just good science.- LOLGOP
I don't want to ban flights from Ebola-stricken countries. I have family in Texas. - John Fugelsang
No Costumes For You!
While Halloween's popularity outside the United States continues to grow, celebrating the event remains riskier in some places than others. And don't even think about trick-or-treating in Uzbekistan.
- Sarah Palin Promises to 'Bug the Crap' Out of Her 'Haters'
- Why Republicans Keep Telling Everyone They're Not Scientists
- Keith Ablow, Fox News Doctor, Calls For 'American Jihad'
- Jon Stewart Skewers The Koch Brothers
"I'm not a scientist."
"I'm not a Republican."
Policing the Police
Police in Albuquerque, New Mexico will undergo reform and be monitored for use of excessive force under an agreement to be announced Friday between the city and the U.S. Justice Department.
GOP Upset A Senator Put Some South In Their Mouth
Republicans trying to win a competitive Senate seat in Louisiana are professing outrage after Sen. Mary Landrieu, the Democratic incumbent, said race has hurt President Barack Obama in the South.
Rock The Voter News
- Obama fires back at Ebola policy critics: 'We can't hermetically seal ourselves off'
- Obama Seeks to Boost Women's Vote at Rhode Island Rally
- Sandy Activist Whom Christie Told To 'Shut Up' Says He's Not Backing Down
Iranians can vote but have no choices while Americans have choices but don't vote.- John Fugelsang
Teachers Are Angry At Time Magazine Art
Some teachers think that Time Magazine owes them an apology.
The magazine's latest cover story details the efforts of certain Silicon Valley investors to derail teacher tenure practices. Teachers unions, however, are taking particular issue with the story’s associated cover art, a gavel smashing an apple, and text that says, "It's nearly impossible to fire a bad teacher."
If you get a doughnut and a croissant together, it's called a cronut. The Hello Deli next door has its own hybrid called the Eboli. It's half Ebola, half E. coli. - David Letterman
Far Right Evangelicals Fighting Over Halloween
The Christian News Network reports that Kirk Cameron is coming under fire from other evangelical priests for his claim that Halloween is a holiday that Christians should take back from the pagans.
- U.S. Gasoline Average Below $3 for First Time Since 2010
- Exxon, Chevron shrug off effect of low oil prices
- Dignity Health to pay $37 million to settle overbilling claims
- Obama to Confer With Fed Chair Yellen on U.S. Economy
If you say you care about the Dow, the deficit, gas prices or inflation, you really have to invent magical reasons to hate Obama.- LOLGOP
Russia Drop Kicks Anheuser-Busch
Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD), the world's largest beer company, reported earnings and sales that badly missed analysts' expectations on Friday.
Russia was one of the biggest drags on the company's profits. Sales in Russia fell 20%, contributing to a sharp decline in its European business, the Belgium-based brewer said.
Former major league player Jose Canseco accidentally shot his finger off while cleaning his gun. On the bright side, he's taken so much human growth hormone that the finger grew right back.- Craig Ferguson
Thank you Ramesh!______________
- Drivers scramble for flying cash on Md. highway
- Groom Leaves Bride After Her Wedding Joke
- Man Suspended For Using Robot Voice With Customers
- 'Corpse Bride' Leads To Arrest Of 11 People
- Human Skulls, 'Books On Satan And Witchcraft' Found In Connecticut Dump
Time To Deflate Photo
Happy Halloween! Active regions on the sun resemble a jack-o'-lantern in this extreme ultraviolet image from NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory, captured on Oct. 8.