Ebola lawsuits would face high hurdles in Texas
Potential suits against the Dallas, Texas hospital that sent home a patient later diagnosed with Ebola face long odds in the face of state medical malpractice laws.
"Ebola" is Latin for "Ratings Gold."- John Fugelsang
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Turkey says Syrian town about to fall as Islamic State moves in
- Hezbollah bomb wounds two Israeli soldiers, Israel shells south Lebanon
- Finance minister warns Russia can't afford military spending plan
- British troops train ahead of Ebola mission in S. Leone
- Leon Panetta, other former Obama subordinates show stunning disloyalty
Former CIA Director Leon Panetta said it seems like President Obama has lost his way. Apparently, it’s gotten so bad that this morning Obama was seen asking a White House intruder for directions.- Seth Myers
GOP Stalling On Ebola Funding
Almost $1 billion to help the U.S. military fight Ebola in West Africa has been tied up for nearly a month as the Obama administration negotiates with a handful of Republicans in Congress to lift their objections.
A group in Russia has nominated Vladimir Putin for the Nobel Peace Prize. When Putin heard this he said, "I'm all about achieving piece — piece of Ukraine, piece of Poland. I hope to win many more pieces."- Jimmy Fallon
Two Nuclear Powers Feuding Again
Thousands of Indians fled their homes in the disputed Kashmir region on Tuesday as Indian and Pakistani troops exchanged gunfire again, a day after the highest civilian death toll in a single day in more than a decade.
- Romney: 'I'm not running'
- Michigan Republican Senate candidate now says she would have supported the auto bailout
- Former whistleblower attacks Florida governor over healthcare fraud
- Hobby Lobby executive's Bible museum: priceless artifacts, scholarly doubts
- Missouri police plan for possible riots if Brown cop not charged
REMINDER: Unlike gay people, Republicans are actually trying to destroy happy marriages.- HEL-OLGOP
Republican's Food Stamp Use Higher Than Democrats
When the House voted in September to cut $40 billion from the federal food-stamp program over 10 years, all but 15 Republicans supported the measure while not a single Democrat did so.
But according to a TIME analysis of county-by-county food-stamp-enrollment data compiled by the nonprofit Feeding America, it appears that House Republicans represent more districts with high levels of participation in the program than House Democrats.
Rock The Voter News
Another Cop Bully
An Ohio police officer recently threatened to take away an interracial couple’s two week old infant during a traffic stop after the couple refused to get out of their car.
Republicans demand Obama appoint an Ebola Czar so they will have more foreign-sounding things to be afraid of.- HEL-OLGOP
- China cyber-war costing US billions: FBI chief
- China currency push takes aim at dollar
- Homebuilders offer freebies as booming U.S. markets cool
- Ultra-Orthodox Jewish Men Refuse To Sit By Women On Plane – Flight Gets Delayed
Facebook is reportedly thinking of ways to incorporate health into their array of services. Here's how it'll work: If you get a cut or a bruise or something, take a picture of it and post it. If it gets more than 100 likes, you're cured.- Jimmy Kimmell
Canada Stops EU Plan To Label Tar Sands
A European Union plan to label tar sands oil as highly polluting in its fight against climate change has been abandoned after years of opposition led by major producer Canada.
A cat in Florida had its life saved by a blood transfusion from a dog. Unfortunately, it later died from exhaustion after chasing itself around the house.- Seth Myers
Thank you, Brian, for your gift. I emailed you to thank you but all I got was a mailer-daemon. :(
I hate when that happens.
- 'Hairgate': iPhone hit by new social media storm
- Hawaii boy survives 6-story fall down trash chute
- Hunt on for 1.5-ton gargoyles missing from church
- Instead of ticket, officer buys girl booster seat
- India wields the axe on Her Majesty's "laughable" laws
Time To Deflate Photo