LA schools police to give up grenade launchers, but will keep rifles and armored vehicle
Los Angeles schools’ police said on Tuesday it would give up three grenade launchers it acquired for free through a federal program now facing mounting scrutiny for supplying local agencies with military-grade equipment, the L.A Times newspaper reported.
Street gangs are toning down their colors in order to be less noticeable to law enforcement. So now there are three gangs walking around in L.A. — the Crips, the Bloods, and the Earth Tones.- Conan O'Brien
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Obama vows U.S. will not fight another ground war in Iraq
- Robert Gates: U.S. can't beat Islamic State militants without 'boots on the ground'
- US Troops Could Fight ISIS in Iraq, General Tells Senate
- U.S. airstrikes boost Islamic State, more hostages possible: FBI
- New York man charged with trying to help Islamic State militants
- Angry Mob Tosses Ukrainian Politician Into the Trash
Things I still believe: Arming Syrian moderates is not smart, US combat troops are the problem in Iraq not the solution and ¿Saudi Arabia?- LOLGOP
Iran Shakes Finger At ISIS
"The killing and beheading of innocent people in fact is a matter of shame for them"
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani told NBC News’s Ann Curry on Wednesday that ISIS terrorists “want to kill humanity.”
This week Scotland will vote on whether it wants to leave the United Kingdom. If Scotland votes "yes," it will also leave the European Union and NATO and be responsible for defending itself. Or as Vladimir Putin put it, "I got dibs!"- Jimmy Fallon
ISIS at the border is mostly craven scaremongering but at least the GOP has stepped up from scaring us with starving child refugees.- LOLGOP
- Mitch McConnell Turns Yellow and Refuses To Debate Alison Lundergan Grimes
- Louisiana Governor Hedges On Climate Change As His State Disappears Into the Sea
- Oklahoma state Sen. Bennett: American Muslims are a ‘cancer in our nation that needs cutting out’
- Fox News: Real ‘poor’ people don’t have air conditioners and computers
- Wisc. GOPer Drops Out Of Race Over 'F*gs' And 'N*ggers' Tweets
- Fox News host Andrea Tantaros on NFL scandals: Pro football ‘could use a little more God’
I spend most of my Constitution Day pretending that the words "general welfare" and "well-regulated" have no meaning.- LOLGOP
FUN FACT: God Always Puts Listening To Prayers At Football Games At The End Of His TO DO List
After receiving a reminder from the American Civil Liberties Union that it is unconstitutional to hold school-sanctioned prayer over the loud-speaker before football games, a group of Oneida High School cheerleaders decided to use the moment of silence to lead the fans in a recitation of the Lord’s Prayer.
FYI: The next time a Benghazi hearing will fall on Constitution Day will be every single year of Hillary Clinton's administration.- LOLGOP
Rock The Voter News
- White House: Unaccompanied Minor Crisis All But Over
- Biden says use of 'offensive' term shylock was a poor choice
- Happy Constitution Day! Here are pictures of politicians showing how much they love the Constitution.
The White House today came out in support of requiring police officers to wear body cameras at all times. It’s a great way for fans to keep up with their favorite NFL players.- Seth Myers
Cruz Makes Crazy Claims About Obama. Yawn.
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) went after Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Martin Dempsey's responses during a Senate hearing on the Obama administration's plan to fight ISIS by suggesting the plan is essentially to send social workers to Iraq and put everyone there on expanded Medicaid.
If Americans cared about justice Dick Cheney would be giving his opinions on ISIL via telephone interview from The Hague.- John Fugelsang
Glad To See FSU Is Addressing Crude Comments About Women. Sorta.
The reigning Heisman Trophy winner will sit out the first half of Saturday's game against Clemson. Winston shouted a lascivious comment that may have derived from an internet meme while on campus Tuesday.
- Oil steadies below $99 on talk of OPEC output cut
- Apple, IBM buying back billions in stock: WSJ
- Moody’s cuts Costa Rica’s credit rating to “junk” status
- Margaritaville casino owners seek bankruptcy
My plan to create thousands of new jobs involves opening a vast network of Tattoo Removal Parlors over the next 12 years.- John Fugelsang
They Took The Money And Ran
"and like that: he's gone."
This is an actual headline from a company press release: "CEO and COO disappeared, most of the company's cash missing." (Via FastFT)
In a statement, German-based shoe company Ultrasonic said its CFO, Chi Kwong Clifford Chan, has been unable to reach the company's CEO, Qingyong Wu, and COO, Minghong Wu, who apparently left their homes and are untraceable.
Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
- John Kenneth Galbraith
- Woman’s virginity worth $5,000, Chinese court rules
- Man apologizes for drug-filled football toss
- Bear Takes Dip in Family's Pool
- Factory gives fighter jet to head of Russian Orthodox Church
- Michigan woman holds off thief, then gives birth
Time To Deflate Photo