Gas production blamed for rise in Colorado, New Mexico quakes
The deep injection of wastewater underground by energy companies during methane gas extraction has caused a dramatic rise in the number of earthquakes in Colorado and New Mexico since 2001, U.S. government scientists said in a study released on Monday.
We shouldn't frack Mother Earth. She's complaining.
So you're willing to bet the next 1,000 years of the planet that Rick Perry knows more about science than Neil deGrasse Tyson.- LOLGOP
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Suicide car bomber kills three foreign troops in Afghan capital
- Islamic State shoots down Syrian war plane: monitor group
- Al-Qaida-inspired killers spreading like weeds
- 6 killed, 14 wounded in east Ukraine city
- Russia says weapons from NATO states would abet war crimes in Ukraine
- North Korea ratchets up 'hostage diplomacy' with US
- The 47-year-old nuclear elephant in the room
This week President Obama gave a big speech from White House where he outlined his plan to quote “degrade and ultimately destroy” the terror group ISIS. When asked how, he said, "I’ll build their website." - Jimmy Fallon
War On Ebola
The United States announced on Tuesday that it would send 3,000 troops to help tackle the Ebola outbreak as part of a ramped-up response including a major deployment in Liberia, the country where the epidemic is spiraling fastest out of control.
President Obama announced in his speech the other night that he's sending 475 military advisers to Iraq. Not own that but he's also sending 475 military advisers to the NFL. - David Letterman
- Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin Emerges Looking Haggard In Wake Of Alleged Family Brawl
- Christie trails Republican 2016 presidential contenders in New Hampshire poll ...
- Jon Stewart: Lindsey Graham ‘lives his entire life trapped in The Blair Witch Project’
- Limbaugh To Guys: Have You Learned 'No Means Yes If You Know How To Spot It?'
Everything Rush Limbaugh knows about sex comes from women who were trying not to have sex with Rush Limbaugh. - LOLGOP
What A Stupid Remark, By A Republican, Of Course.
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) defended his proposed abortion ban this week, saying that if a pregnant mother sings to her fetus then it must be considered a person.
Domestic Terrorist Caught On Tape
Authorities released surveillance video from the “full-frontal” assault on a Georgia courthouse earlier this year by a sovereign citizen.
Reclusive Deity Hasn’t Written A New Book In 2,000 Years. - The Onion Tweet
Rock The Voter News
- How Hillary Clinton's State Department Sold Fracking to the World
- Vietnam Vet Who Risked Life to Save Comrades, Evaded Tiger Awarded Medal of Honor
Bill Maher To Target GOP Rep With Comedy
The politically incorrect host of HBO's "Real Time With Bill Maher" announced on Friday he will target Minnesota Rep. John Kline, the chair of the House Education and Workforce Committee, in his "flip a district" campaign. He said he'll make repeated visits to the district for stand-up comedy in an effort to motivate voters to oust the "crummy" and "corrupt" Kline on Nov. 4.
Not only do I believe cannabis should be legalized, it should also be forcibly administered to Congress.- John Fugelsang
What Would William Wallace Do?
Of all the many crises this summer -- from ISIS, to Ukraine, Ebola to Libya -- who'd have thought jolly old England would be on that list?
Technically, it’s the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. But for how much longer? On Thursday, after 307 years, Scotland may vote for independence and with it, potentially change the world order that has lasted since the end of the Second World War.
It's been 4 years this week since Jack Kevorkian went to meet his customers.- John Fugelsang
I'm afraid if we don't settle on an official name for ISIS/ ISIL/ Islamic State, John McCain may end up arming one of them.- LOLGOP
- Flawed Fracking Wells Taint Pennsylvania's Drinking Water
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on state revenue
- Walmart Workers Complain They Can't Afford New Dress Code
- United Airlines offers flight attendants $100,000 in voluntary buyout
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, former finance minister
British Prime Minister David Cameron went to Scotland this week to persuade citizens of the country to vote “no” on leaving the U.K. He said, “It's never worked out for anyone-well except America, and Canada, Australia, India, and . . . I'll stop talking now.”- Jimmy Fallon
Putin Sure Has His Hands Full Of Enemies
Romania's energy minister said on Tuesday Russia was playing games with gas supplies to cause concerns in EU states, after analysts warned that Moscow could use the flows to retaliate against sanctions imposed over its role in Ukraine.
Nutty: since 1990 oil prices "2% lower in month preceding a US election and 4% lower in election month itself."- Harry Shearer Tweet
Send an email or comment in the box in the right hand column. I love to hear from you!
- Robin Thicke Admits Drug Abuse, Lying to Media in Wild 'Blurred Lines' Deposition
- Bulldoze or preserve? Croatia ponders fate of notorious prison
- Massive 5000-Year-Old Stone Monument Revealed in Israel
- These Women's Cycling Team Uniforms Don't Exactly Photograph Well
- Scientists' colossal squid exam a kraken good show
Time To Deflate Photo
Tallulah Gorge in Autumn, Georgia.