Obama's Foreign Policy and the Future of the Middle East
A while back, the United States set out to reconfigure the Middle East. The result is that the region and our position in it are both in shambles. Much of what has happened seems irreversible.
"After all that we've had to overcome, our Congress should stop standing in the way of our country's success." —President Obama
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- 62 killed in Gaza; Israeli soldier feared captured
- Turkey offers help on captured Israeli, says Gaza ceasefire priority
- FAA Places New Restrictions on Flights Over Iraq
- Ukraine: Body parts retrieved at jet crash site
- Obama: Putin handling of Ukraine crisis hurts Russia's interests
- Court upholds new Guantanamo policy involving regular searches of detainees’ anal areas
"In Washington the House passed a bill today to go forward with a lawsuit against President Obama. Who says Congress can't get anything done? They're suing the president." –Jimmy Kimmel
Senate Denies Aid To IsraelIn the end, the Senate couldn’t even agree to deliver emergency aid to one of the United States’ closest allies.
A last-ditch effort to deliver aid to Israel during its war with Hamas died on the Senate floor, as Republicans blocked the proposal over concerns that it would increase the debt.
"Supporters of former Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez have released a new font in the style of his handwriting. Although I'm surprised he wrote anything by hand since he was so used to dictating." –Seth Meyers
Bill Clinton, Gave A Speech The Day Before 9-11
“I nearly got him. And I could have killed him, but I would have had to destroy a little town called Kandahar in Afghanistan and kill 300 innocent women and children, and then I would have been no better than him.
“And so I didn’t do it.”
The GOP steps up outreach to young voters with its app Woo, which sends you a Woo a month before the election then forgets you until 2016.- LOLGOP
- Megyn Kelly to Meyers: ‘I’m Not an Enemy of Dick Cheney, and I’m Not a Friend’
- Donald Trump panics, demands Americans with Ebola be denied treatment in US
- KY judge says black defendant in Obama t-shirt ‘lucky to get out of here alive’
"I have always been a huge fan of Sarah Palin. She's a strong leader with a proven history of selflessness. I mean, in the midst of her 2008 campaign, she took the time to help out a struggling senior with severely impaired judgment." –Stephen Colbert
Annie Gets Her Gun
Appearing on Fox News Hannity, frequent guest Ann Coulter told host Sean Hannity that she wished Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was “our president,” so he could deal with our border problems the way he deals with border issues in his own country.
"While they're out on vacation I'm going to have to make some tough choices" to address migrant crisis. - President Barack Obama
Rock The Voter News
- Does John Brennan Know Too Much for Obama to Fire Him?
- U.S. asks appeals court to reconsider Obamacare subsidies ruling
- Fla. judge orders special session to redraw congressional map
"The FBI has captured a man accused of sending over 500 letters filled with white powder to President Obama. The FBI said he was a disillusioned middle-aged man who felt beaten down and powerless at work, and the guy who sent the letters was kind of a mess, too." –Seth Meyers
Trying to Kill The messengers?
An SBS News reporter and Al Jazeera English contributor was caught in the middle of direct gunfire Thursday near the Malaysian Airlines flight MH17 crash site.
The Australian news service said that journalist Nick Lazaredes is "lucky to be alive" Friday. Lazaredes told SBS Radio he was leaving the MH17 crash site when shooting broke out around him and his group.
Does it make Republicans more bummed when Americans get jobs or health insurance?- LOLGOP
- Stocks end lower after choppy session
- Payrolls in US Rose 209000 in July, Unemployment at 6.2%
- Airline travelers are not being screened for Ebola
- 'Halliburton' Lawyer: Case Typifies Problems With Class Securities Suits
"U.S. intelligence now says that the Malaysian flight was definitely taken down by Russian separatists. But those Russians, they stick with that Soviet propaganda sh*t. Putin said today 'no, it's because one of the passengers turned on their cell phones. Either that or Pussy Riot shot it down.'" –Bill Maher
Kerry Sure Has His Hands Full
US Secretary of State John Kerry told Narendra Modi that India's refusal to ratify a key WTO trade deal sent the wrong message, as he met the country's new prime minister for the first time on Friday.
I have too many fantasies to be a housewife. I guess I am a fantasy ~ Marilyn Monroe
I hope you have a lovely weekend!
- This diner gives 15% off if you pray over your meal
- French hospital to open wine bar to cheer up terminally ill
- Six Philadelphia narcotics officers arrested for robbing dealers
- 73-year-old man dies trying to rape his sister-in-law
- Girl Ambushed By 7 Cops For Carrying Water Wins $212k From Va. Taxpayers
Time To Deflate Photo
Ruby Falls, Chattanooga, Tennessee.