ISIS Intent on Hitting West, 'External Operations' Under Way, McCaul Believes
House Homeland Security Chair Rep. Michael McCaul said today he believes that ISIS, the jihadist army that has taken control of large part of Iraq and brutally murdered American journalist James Foley, has external operations under way to hit the West.
Those proposing American ground troops in Iraq must say what the GOP didn't say in 2003:
They will need to be there for generations.- LOLGOP
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Syria says ready to cooperate in anti-terror fight
- After Foley murder, more jihadi threats to murder hostages
- Report: Hamas kills 18 suspected informants for Israel
- In personal plea, top Hamas leader calls on Obama to stop 'holocaust' in Gaza
- Iran TV shows off allegedly downed Israeli drone
- St. Louis holds peace festival, with message from Michael Brown's family
- Chokehold death peaceful march (22 photos)
Finally protesters are standing up for the right of a police officer to kill an unarmed man, get a $300,000 reward and not be questioned. - LOLGOP
Soldier Shoots Herself On Base
A female soldier shot and wounded herself at Fort Lee, Virginia, on Monday, sparking a lockdown of the U.S. Army installation, the base said on its Facebook page.
Obama Would've Been Immediately Impeached If He Did This:
It's important to remember that #Ferguson officer is innocent until proven guilty; as opposed to, say, the unarmed guy he shot 6 times.- John Fugelsang
I Watched This, So You Don't Have To: See Toon Below
Trend chasing community access TV hostess Sarah Palin heard about this here ALS Ice Bucket Challenge which is raising money for some disease or something or whatever –she doesn’t care– and so she decided to use it to fill time on her rogue TV network with her being all cutesy and ‘g’-droppin’ again.
Yes, this should be awful and it is.
- Fox News host: ‘Race-baiting’ Eric Holder runs Justice Dept. like ‘the Black Panthers would’
- Fox host kicks off two black lawyers after they accuse her of ‘distracting’ from Brown’s death
- CNN host rips Fox for ‘sowing doubt’ with baseless report on officer’s fractured eye socket
- Pastor calls to imprison gays for ‘ten years hard labor’ with new constitutional amendment
"Texas Governor Rick Perry has been charged with two felonies. Yesterday, after he got his mug shot, he went out for ice cream – or, as Mayor Rob Ford calls it, multi-tasking." –Jimmy Fallon
When Will Police Brutality Stop In L.A.? Or Anywhere?
Police officers in Los Angeles ignored pleas for help and complaints by a man who said he couldn’t breathe and later died in custody, reports show.
Two reports released in the past week indicate that officers didn’t take Jorge Azucena seriously and one sergeant told him: “You can talk, so you can breathe,” the Los Angeles Times reported Friday.
Weird. Your "religious freedom" is only violated when women get the same freedom as men or LGBT get people the same rights as human beings.- LOLGOP
Obama Statue Returned
Police have returned a life-size statue of President Barack Obama that went missing from its owner's northeastern Pennsylvania porch and was found a few days later reclining on a ...
Rock The Voter News
- As Obama's vacation ends, criticism does not
- With Graham name, Democrats see rare chance for Florida win
Welcome to Walmart!
Police authorities in Greenville, South Carolina are reviewing video of an arrest at a Walmart store Saturday afternoon where an officer can be seen repeatedly punching a suspect in the head as horrified shoppers begged him to stop.
Meanwhile, The Atlantic Coast Is Bubbling Methane
In an unexpected discovery, hundreds of gas plumes bubbling up from the seafloor were spotted during a sweeping survey of the U.S. Atlantic Coast.
Even though ocean explorers have yet to test the gas, the bubbles are almost certainly methane, researchers report today (Aug. 24) in the journal Nature Geoscience.
- Labor Day Travel Will Be Up As Gas Prices Stay Lower
- Burger King in Talks to Buy Tim Hortons in Canada Tax Deal
- California wine country rocked by 6.0 quake, dozens hurt
- Experimental US hypersonic weapon explodes during flight test
Disney's stock just reached a new high this week of $90.37 a share. That's when you know tickets to Disney World are too expensive — when it's actually cheaper to own part of the company.- Jimmy Fallon
Demanding a halt to pipeline corporation Enbridge's continued expansion of Line 6B—which ruptured in 2010, spilling over one million gallons of tar sands oil and diluting chemicals into a tributary of the Kalamazoo River—two activists Monday morning locked themselves to a pipeline construction truck leaving Precision Pipeline storage yard in Oxford, Michigan. The action caused a back-up of trucks leaving the facility.
- Students Develop Nail Polish That Can Detect Date Rape Drugs
- The tornado that stopped the burning of Washington
- Is It a Plane? No, It's a Hoverbike
- Massachusetts man fears his horns, ’666? forehead tattoo will make a fair trial impossible
- At least 400 Florida beachgoers stung by jellyfish
Time To Deflate Photo