Tensions Flare in Ferguson: Protesters Arrested, Journalists Threatened
Tensions flared around midnight local time last night in Ferguson, Missouri, after a mostly peaceful evening of protests as at least one protester apparently threw water bottles at the police. Journalists on the ground described a scene of disarray as police moved in on protesters with dogs and heavy weaponry, made arrests, and corralled off media.
COPTHINK: Pointing heavy weaponry while encased in armor will bring those damn protesters under control. OW: Got hit by a water bottle. MACE EM!
I wonder how Tea Partiers would respond if an unarmed Tea Partier were shot.. If they were searched, arrested & imprisoned at higher rates...- LOLGOP
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Obama: world is ‘appalled’ by James Foley killing
- UK 'urgently investigates' suspected British executioner in Foley video
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief
- Pakistan cleric's supporters attempt to blockade parliament, but MPs escape
- Breaking news out of Ferguson: Police say they didn't lob tear gas last night
If Ike was alive he'd re-warn of the military-industrial complex; & then some local cops could run him over w/this cool tank they just got.- John Fugelsang
Why Isn't Fox News Trumpeting SUPPORT THE TROOPS!
President Barack Obama said the beheading of a U.S. journalist by Islamic radicals won't deter him from a bombing campaign aimed at driving them back.
"The United State of America will continue to do what we must do to protect our people," he said. "We will be vigilant, and we will be relentless."
ISIS is trying to give America something we didn't have -- a reason to be in Iraq.- LOLGOP
Iraq, Gaza, Ukraine and Ferguson, Missouri have one thing in common. No justice, no peace. - AllHatNoCattle
The World Is Watching Ferguson, Missouri
Governments scolded by the United States over their human rights records have seized on racial unrest and a police crackdown in the Missouri town of Ferguson to wag their fingers back in disapproval.
Adversaries and uneasy allies from Russia and Iran to China and Egypt have accused the United States of hypocrisy as images of police brandishing lethal weapons and tear-gassing protesters have been shown around the world.
It'll be awkward for the Rapture folk when Jesus comes back & he's a homeless brown-skinned liberal who speaks no English.- John Fugelsang
Rand Paul says he's the best Republican at reaching out to black voters, which is like being the guy with the best AOL screen name.- LOLGOP
- Missouri GOP leader calls Ferguson voter-registration drive ‘disgusting’
- Missouri official apologizes for racist Facebook posts: ‘I was a very active Republican at the time’
- CNN host: Nat. Guard said ‘you never know’ what Ferguson ‘n*ggers’ are going to do
- Cop Tasers compliant teen into fit of seizures: ‘He was trying to kill my son,’ says mom
- Fox News suggests foxes are more objective than hens when assessing henhouse safety standards
Does Mitt Romney know there isn't a Mt. Rushmore for sorest losers -- and if there were it would be all John McCain.- LOLGOP
Cop Caught On Film Threatening Reporters: ‘I’ll Bust Your Head’
Wishing and Hoping, and Clucking and Flapping
A 23-year-old Republican staffer was arrested in Londonderry, New Hampshire on Saturday and charged with disorderly conduct after he repeatedly harassed two Democratic officials who were marching in the town’s “old home day” parade.
Weird. Fatherless black households weren't a problem until the drug war began. - LOLGOP
Rock The Voter News
The Justice Dept just declined to investigate CIA spying on the Senate-- a threat magnitudes greater to the republic than ISIS. - JC Xtian
So what percentage of members of Congress taking the ice bucket challenge voted to cut funding to the NIH? - Andrew Kaczynski
Has Gordon Gekko Taken Over The NFL?
The halftime show at the Super Bowl is coveted by artists in the music industry, but this year the National Football League is asking potential performers to pay to play the high-profile gig, according to The Wall Street Journal. The proposition has returned frosty responses from the three final candidates: Coldplay, Rihanna, and Katy Perry. The NFL does not usually pay the act that performs during the halftime ceremony, but has covered travel and production expenses, which can run into the multimillion-dollar range, The Journal reported.
- Brent holds near 14-month low on plentiful supply
- BofA reaches $17B settlement with US
- Here's how much $100 is worth in your state
- Ballmer steps down from Microsoft board
- Australia tycoon blasts Chinese government 'mongrels'
Yesterday the Clippers' new owner, former Microsoft executive Steve Ballmer, promised fans that the team will win an NBA championship. He says he has a great strategy for rebuilding the team — Control-Alt-Delete.- Jimmy Fallon
China Is Busy Building Stuff
Chinese investors are to plunge more than US$1 billion into developing Antigua and Barbuda’s first mega-resort, creating 1,000 jobs for the tiny cash-strapped nation.
You never hear about white-on-white crime or -- as I like to call it -- "trickle down economics."- LOLGOP
In response to criticism of its treatment of killer whales, SeaWorld said it will build them a larger habitat. When asked for comment, a killer whale said, "Hey, you know what's a larger habitat? The ocean!"- Conan O'Brien
- George W. Bush takes ice bucket challenge
- Florida man, 83, admits hiding $1.1M from IRS
- Los Angeles port welcomes massive rubber duck
- Wanted man rear-ends Washington police detective
- ‘Touching therapy’ psychologist charged with sexual assault in Pennsylvania
Time To Deflate Photo
Meteora, Greece in winter.