Conservative Group Tries To Revive Barry Goldwater With 'Daisy 2'
It’s always mushroom clouds with these guys. Secure America Now, a 501c4, has released a sequel of sorts to Lyndon Johnson’s infamous Daisy ad that equated electing Barry Goldwater with nuclear Armageddon. Daisy 2 accuses Barack Obama of “failing” to stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons, a humdinger of a lie that overlays the original ad’s message of peace with the drumbeats of war.
Hawaii became the 50th State in the Union on this day in 1959 as part of the vast conspiracy to make Barack Obama a citizen.- LOLGOP
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- GAO: Pentagon violated law with Bergdahl swap
- 'Terrorists' help U.S. in battle against Islamic State in Iraq
- As US airstrikes in Iraq grow, details stay thin
- Israeli airstrike kills 3 commanders but Hamas seems unbowed
- Ukraine border guards begin checks on Russian aid trucks
- What The Heck Is The 'Revolutionary Communist Party' Doing In Ferguson?
- National Guard to begin withdrawing from Ferguson
Dick Cheney Chimes In, Again.
Former Vice President Dick Cheney is predicting that the beheading of American journalist James Foley is just the start of more violence if President Barack Obama doesn’t “deal with this crisis” in Iraq.
Seems like conservatives are finally opening up to the idea of reparations. They just need to decide how much black people owe them. - LOLGOP
Police Officer Suspended for Death Threat
On Wednesday, police said an officer had been suspended for pointing a semi-automatic assault rifle at demonstrators, then cursing and threatening to kill one of them. A protester captured the exchange on video Tuesday and posted it to YouTube and other websites...
"Do you know that these fools actually went ahead this week and voted to sue the President of the United States? Yeah, it's so desperate. They said he spilled McDonald's coffee on their lap." - Bill Maher
- Joe The Plumber: Hold A Job Fair In Ferguson, Protestors Will 'Scatter Like Cockroaches'
- LA Police Officer Threatens, "If You Don't Want to Get Hurt, Don't Challenge Me,"...
- Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson is nowhere to be found
- CNN host calls out Ferguson mayor for referring to Michael Brown’s body as an ‘it’
- Texas Governor Perry enters 'not guilty' plea to felony charges: newspaper
- State lawmakers take aim at federal gun control
- Anti-trans trolling spree forces Wikipedia to ban U.S. House staffers for third time
Yesterday Egypt's foreign ministry called on the United States to show respect for the rights of protesters in Ferguson, Missouri. Yeah, Egypt said that. Man, talk about living in glass pyramids.- Jimmy Fallon
Muslim Leaders Condemn Muslim Extremists
The president of the world's most populous Muslim-majority country, Indonesia, on Thursday called the actions of Islamic State militants "embarrassing" to the religion and urged Islamic leaders to unite in tackling extremism.
Conservatives just want you to know that racism isn't a problem. The real problem is someone may have to bake gay people a cake.- LOLGOP
Rock The Voter News
- White House faces Democratic Senate revolt over nuclear security cuts
- DNC beats RNC in July fundraising
- U.S. EPA makes strides in air toxics but work remains in cities: report
Visitors are coming for the 200th anniversary of the 1814 fire, when the President's office was reduced to a chair. - Michelle Obama Tweet
How Climate Change Is Affecting The Area I Live In
August 21st, 2014 (InsideCostaRica.com) PLN lawmaker, Juan Marin said this week that the chronic water shortage in Guanacaste is so bad that nine hotels in Tamarindo and Langosta are threatening to close their doors and layoff their staff.
33 Second NASA Video of North Pole Melting From March to August
The great irony -- former Confederate states are among those most likely to be dependent on the federal government. - LOLGOP
Next weekend Los Angeles is holding its first riverboat race. All that's missing is a river in Los Angeles with water. - Conan O'Brien
Do You Think Fracking Companies Are Worried About Water Shortages?
A fracking boom isn't enough for U.S. oil and gas producers – they're now starting the re-fracking boom.
Wells sunk as little as three years ago are being fracked again
"We've created over 200,000 jobs every month this year. Hasn't happened in 17 years. I guess my first question is, when do the Republicans stop calling it 'Obama's economy'?" - Bill Maher
- Oil hits 14-month low as bulls eye turnaround
- Stocks jump: S&P 500 sets new record, Dow above 17000
- Kroger in cross hairs as U.S. gun fight spills into its aisles
- UPS stores hit by hackers, customer credit card data at risk
If you are desperately trying to blame an unarmed teen for his death, you are a monster. - Lizz Winstead tweet
The NFL wants singing groups to pay the league to perform at halftime of the Super Bowl. Isn't that crazy? It's like the NFL decided that there's some money out there they don't have our hands on. - David Letterman
Putin Goes After Ronald McDonald
Russian news agencies reported Thursday that the country's food safety agency will conduct checks on McDonald's restaurants in the Urals following food safety complaints, a day after four branches of the chain were shuttered in Moscow.
REMINDER: Republicans don't need a reason for a government shutdown. They need a reason not to have a government shutdown.- LOLGOP
Is anyone out there in the Internet Tubes?
or contact me to say hi:firstname.lastname@example.org____________
- Florida man beaten up by bar patrons after leaving kids in car to go drink beer
- Police seek mystery pair in selfies after burglary
- High School Student Gets In-School Suspension for Saying 'Bless You'
- Man who lived years as hermit adjusts to society
Time To Deflate Photo
Cleaners abseil down one of the faces of Big Ben, to clean and polish the clock face, in central London.