GOP, Dems fight over legality of suing Obama
Constitutional lawyers backing a planned House Republican lawsuit against President Barack Obama told a congressional committee Wednesday that the action is justified because Obama has exceeded his powers in carrying out his health care law.
Constitution is clear: Congress can sue the president if it tricks the rubes in your base to hold off impeachment until after an election.- LOLGOP
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- How did this happen? Iraq, Syria, Israel, Gaza and Libya all in flames
- Militia shells Tripoli airport, U.N. pulls staff out of Libya
- Israel warns 100,000 Gazans to flee as strikes intensify
- Navy nurse refuses to force-feed Guantánamo captive
- Attorney says former U.S. POW Bergdahl grateful to Obama for freedom
Cheney says Al Qaeda was almost eliminated in Iraq when he left office, which is awesome since they weren't there at all when he took office. - LOLGOP
Cheney Against Obama Impeachment. For Now.
"I'm not prepared at this point to call for the impeachment of the president," Cheney told CNN's Jake Tapper Tuesday, arguing that such an effort would be a distraction..."I think he is the worst president of my lifetime. I fundamentally disagree with him. I think he's doing a lot of things wrong," said Cheney.
The Russians Are Listening. The Russians Are Listening.
Russia has provisionally agreed to reopen a major Cold War listening post on Cuba that was used to spy on the United States, a Russian daily reported Wednesday after President Vladimir Putin visited the island last week.
While he was in Cuba this weekend, Vladimir Putin met with Fidel Castro and promised to revive Cuba's oil industry. Not to be confused with the other thing Cuba's always having to revive: Fidel Castro.- Jimmy Fallon
- FL Republican: Child migrants bringing culture of thievery, rape and murder
- Louie Gohmert: Obama won’t ‘defend women’ from ‘hundreds of thousands’ of immigrant rapists
- Armed mob carrying ‘Second American Revolution’ flags protests MI immigrant plan
- CNN anchor grills ‘reckless’ AZ sheriff for publishing bus route of refugee children
- CA winemaker behind neo-Nazi website flees to Canada to escape FBI
Poll: Majority believe Boehner's lawsuit is a "political stunt" and a majority of Republicans say it isn't a big enough "political stunt."- LOLGOP
GOPers Caught By FBI
FBI agents arrested two former Utah attorneys general at their homes on Tuesday and charged them with felonies stemming from a two-year investigation into claims of bribery and corruption, prosecutors said.
Republicans John Swallow and Mark Shurtleff are accused of establishing a pay-to-play culture in office, and of taking bribes to look the other way or offer protection when donors to their political campaigns ran into legal trouble.
Germany is your World Cup champions, ladies and gentlemen. The winning German soccer team received a congratulatory phone call from Angela Merkel. Of course we know this because we're still bugging her phone.- David Letterman
Rock The Voter News
- After Hobby Lobby, Democrats Launch New Plan to Fight for a Woman's Right to Choose
- Hillary Clinton says Jon Stewart 'spoiled' her big announcement on 'The Daily Show'
- California high court softens 'three strikes' law
Germany won, but they're still mad at us for spying on them. So they're considering going back to using typewriters to avoid being spied on. It's never good news when Germany says they're going to go back to their old ways.- Conan O'Brien
The Migrants Are Coming! The Migrants Are Coming! Oopsy.
Arizona congressional candidate Adam Kwasman was at a protest of a new shelter for migrant children when he got word that a busload of kids was headed in the protesters' direction. Kwasman, a Republican state lawmaker, raced toward the small yellow school bus. He gave a breathless account of what he saw to a local news crew: "I was able to actually see some of the children in the buses, and the fear on their faces. This is not compassion."
But the local news crew had bad news for Kwasman: the kids on the bus weren't migrants. They belonged to the Marana school district and were headed to the YMCA's Triangle Y Camp.
Any fix for immigration must be bipartisan. Hillary Clinton must contribute all her unsold books to building a wall. And Democrats must allow ace goalie Tim Howard to set up on the border and keep out those kids. Swat them back one at a time.- Bill Maher
"In Canada there are zero laws against abortion, and the rate of abortions is lower than in the United States. Yes, you heard that right. Canada, our hockey and nationalized healthcare-loving neighbor to the north has a lower abortion rate than here in the United States, despite all of the laws here against it."- Rachel Mddow
- Oil price rises after China growth ticks higher
- Treasury's Lew: U.S. has deep interest in bringing China up to global standards
- Commercial U.S. cargo ship reaches space station
- NBA Says No Certainty Sterling Will Be Out as Owner
Obama Pushing For U.S. Companies To Stay
The Obama administration urged Congress on Wednesday to act to stem what it described as a growing trend in which U.S. companies move their headquarters abroad to reduce their U.S. tax bills.
Brazil's coach resigned following the country's historic 7-1 loss in the World Cup last week. He says he wants to spend more time focusing on not being murdered.- Seth Myers
I hope you had a good time today!
- Mysterious giant hole in Siberia likely caused by global warming, not UFOs or meteors
- Scientists discover largest four-winged dinosaur to date
- Are you ready to adopt a robot?
- Man using 'blowtorch' to kill spider started fire
- Pilot mistake means pingpong balls rain on highway
Time To Deflate Photo
Ice climbers on the Iron Curtain in Yoho National Park, Canada.