Congressional shrug on emergency border spending could prove costly
It’s going to cost the federal government a lot more to address the crisis on the border if Congress fails to act before breaking for recess.
"Instead of us sending troops down to the border, we just do what you do when you run out of candy on Halloween. Let's turn off the lights and pretend America's not home. So the kids move on to the next house – Canada." –Stephen Colbert
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Attack on bus in Iraq kills over 50 prisoners, nine policemen (7 photos)
- Officials: ISIS blows up Jonah's tomb in Iraq
- Iraq Sunni militias pinched by jihadis, corruption
- Israel hits 30 Gaza homes, kills senior militant
- Israel swears in new president amid Gaza war
Stop The Violence Already!
Secretary of State John F. Kerry presented his proposal for a Gaza cease-fire to Israel and proxies for Hamas on Friday, seeking to curtail the violence that is now threatening to spread to the occupied West Bank and Jerusalem.
Today, Secretary of State John Kerry traveled to Egypt and had to pass through a metal detector before he could meet with officials. Which is ridiculous. Everyone knows he's made of wood.- Seth Myers
US Only UN Vote For No Investigation Of Gaza Violence
The United Nations Human Rights Council voted to establish an inquiry into human rights violations in Gaza and the Israeli-occupied Palestinian territories at a special session on Wednesday in which the top human rights official, Navi Pillay, said Israel and Hamas had likely committed war crimes with indiscriminate attacks on civilians.
Twenty-nine of the council’s 47 members voted for a resolution calling for the creation of a commission of inquiry to look at “all violations” of international law, with only the United States voting against and with 17 states abstaining, 10 of them European.
- Conservatives Hone Script to Light a Fire Over Abortion
- Back-Alley Legislation: How Half of Texas’ Abortion Clinics Were Shut Down Under Shady Pretenses
- Christie 6th among Republican 2016 contenders in Florida poll
- Republican senator slams EPA chief: 'You don't run this country'
"Texas Gov. Rick Perry announced plans to send 1,000 National Guard troops to increase security. If you really want to slow down the flow of illegal immigrants, send the TSA." –Seth Meyers
Mississippi Is Still Burning
Four of the five board members of the Madison County Republican Women have resigned, including Robin Mayfield, wife of GOP and tea party leader Mark Mayfield, who committed suicide in June amid the GOP primary photo scandal.
The resignations are apparently over the nasty U.S. Senate primary between incumbent Thad Cochran and state Sen. Chris McDaniel.
Botched executions are no big deal because, even though cruel and unusual punishment is banned, the Constitution doesn't apply to everyone. - Top Conservative Cat
Rock The Voter News
- White House bemoans lawmakers' delay on U.S. border crisis funds
- Central American leaders convening at White House
FDA could've recommend approval of that 'Female Viagra' pill but wasn't in the mood & wishes you would stop pressuring- John Fugelsang
"I saw that Hillary Clinton visited the headquarters of Twitter and Facebook yesterday. Hillary would also have visited LinkedIn, but she already knows what job she wants." –Jimmy Fallon
Computer Glitch Stops US Embassies From Issuing Passports. A Glitch?
July 25th, 2014 (VOA) The U.S. State Department says a computer glitch will delay passports and visas being issued from its embassies around the world.
Officials in Washington say the computer glitch discovered on Saturday potentially could leave millions of people waiting for U.S. travel documents.
Ted Cruz has advanced from demagogue to become simply a gogue.- LOLGOP
"Rupert Murdoch. the guy that owns FOX News. is wanting to buy Time Warner - which owns HBO - in which case you could kiss my ass goodbye. Yes, welcome to 'Real Time with Bill O'Reilly.'" –Bill Maher
Cruel and Unusual Punishment? No Doubt.
Arizona executioners had to administer at least two full doses of a two-drug lethal injection cocktail to a convicted killer before he finally succumbed nearly two hours after his execution began, the state's assistant attorney general said on Thursday.
Attorneys for the 55-year-old double murderer, who they said gasped and struggled for breath for more than 90 minutes during Wednesday's execution, demanded an independent probe into a procedure they said was cloaked in secrecy and then horribly bungled.
- Best marijuana stocks to buy now
- Groundwater levels drop in Southwestern U.S. in ongoing drought
- Russia bans dairy imports from Ukraine
- Russian execs fear lasting damage from plane crash
Listening to all these 'patriots' on AM talk radio has taught me that 'E Pluribus Unim' is Latin for "I got mine, bitch."- John Fugelsang
Oxymoron: Corporate Patriotism
Staking out a populist stand ahead of the midterm elections, President Barack Obama on Thursday demanded "economic patriotism" from U.S. corporations that use legal means to avoid U.S. taxes through overseas mergers.
"I don't care if it's legal," Obama declared. "It's wrong."
"Marvel Comics announced that the next Captain America will be black. He has the same powers as white Captain America except he has to show ID when he votes." –Bill Maher
Luna is better. She's about 90% back to normal...she has calmed down quite a bit from her usual bouncy self.
I took a picture of her this morning and created a meme...which is true.
- Family feud sparks revolt at grocery store chain
- Toddler crashes Jeep, runs home to watch cartoons
- Kid Banned From Doughnut Shop After Asking Stranger If She Is Expecting
- NJ Turnpike Authority wants Florida pizzeria logo off the menu
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
- Chinese police arrest man after nursing home patients castrated
Time To Deflate Photo
Glass Winged Butterfly.
Beats wishes for a beautiful and peaceful weekend.