CNN calls out Hobby Lobby for investing in birth control
CNN host Ashleigh Banfield on Wednesday highlighted the “hypocrisy” of Hobby Lobby for investing in companies that made the same birth control products that it refused to provide to female employees.
If you think we don't have enough guns but too much birth control, have I got a craft store for you.- LOLGOP
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Iraq PM offers amnesty to turn tide of offensive
- Suleimani: Iran's near invisible Quds Force commander
- Suicide bomber kills 8 in Afghan capital
- Rally denounces hatred, extremism in Israel
- Russia bans swear words in films, theatre, the media and arts
The Iran War On Drugs Works?
There are stories some people might not expect to read about Iran – and its progressive drugs policy is one. As a number of countries begin to slowly reconsider their approach towards illicit drugs, following the avant-gardiste move of José Mujica’s Uruguay, the issue of drugs and treatment of drug abuse might be one where Iran could provide some meaningful contribution to the rest of the world.
New Rule - and this one goes out especially to Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, who is a big fan, by the way - never misses the show, loves New Rules... This one's for you, Al: When you don't give people a seat at the table, they tend to want to blow up the table.- Bill Maher
The War On Refugee Children
Protesters shouting anti-immigration slogans blocked the arrival of three buses carrying undocumented Central American families to a U.S. Border Patrol station on Tuesday after they were flown to San Diego from Texas.
The last time Americans paid this much for gas during July was in 2008 when average prices reached a record-breaking $4.11 a gallon.- Sen. Bernie Sanders
- Russell Brand thanks conservatives for not breaking into bedrooms and ripping gay people apart
- Indiana church sign vandalized with racial slur: Satan is a ‘n*gger’
- The South Is Essentially A Solid, Grim Block Of Poverty
- ‘Freedom’-loving waitresses, diners ‘throwing guns and Jesus all over the place’ at CO eatery
- Two Guys With Guns Have Showdown On First Day Of Georgia's New 'Guns Everywhere' Law
Maybe we should stop calling it "birth control" and calling it "child support prevention". If it's for *men*, well, then it's untouchable.- Amanada Marcotte tweet
A Fighter Fighting The War On Women
Lisa Sendrow, the survivor of sexual assault who George Will recently claimed was using her rape to get a “coveted status,” said on Wednesday that his “grotesque” Washington Post column could trigger traumatic reactions in other survivors.
In a piece early last month, Will used Sendrow’s rape to make his point about “the supposed campus epidemic of rape, a.k.a. ‘sexual assault.’”
"John Boehner is going to sue Obama. That's Plan A. If that doesn't work, Plan B, he's going to get the Uruguayan soccer player to bite him" - Bill Maher
Rock The Voter News
- Obama wins the vote ... as worst president since WWII
- Missouri Governor Vetoes 72-Hour Abortion Waiting Period: ‘This Is Insulting To Women’
- Hunger groups get creative while U.S. schools out for summer
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing 97% of the world's scientists that their data about the earth and oceans is correct.- LOLGOP
"We have a profit-based healthcare system. If people are questioning why this is a bad thing, here's a good example of why. Because pharmaceutical companies, they're not interested in making you better. They're interested in making money." - Bill Maher
Rush To The Rescue!
Radio host Rush Limbaugh on Wednesday suggested that women who needed birth control but couldn’t get it because it was banned by their religious employers could solve their problems if they stopped having sex.
Weird how uncontroversial health care was till we made sure that even people with vaginas should have basic access to it.- LOLGOP
- Oil rises on US, China factory strength
- Why business is ditching California and heading for Texas
- Fidelity Bans U.S. Investors Overseas From Buying Mutual Funds
- Target asks its customers to keep their guns out of stores
Next on the list of things your employer gets to randomly decide causes abortions -- weekends!- LOLGOP
Goldman Sachs Gets A Hand Slap
Goldman Sachs will pay an $800,000 fine and has returned $1.67 million to investors in order to settle charges that it failed to protect clients from harmful trading in its dark pool, Sigma-X, announced the Financial Regulatory Authority.
Republicans have to stop saying that all those Central American kids we're detaining prove we have to secure the border. The border is secure. How do you think we caught all those damn kids?- Bill Maher
Forgive them, father, for they hath not incorporated. - LOLGOP
- Florida man attacks girlfriend’s pet rabbit during argument over women’s rights, police say
- Fat camps offer pudgy pets 'pawlates' to slim down
- Bear rescued after head gets stuck in cookie jar
- Arizona man accused of a cruelty to rats
- Houston zoo elephant on pregnancy weight loss program miscarries
Time To Deflate Photo
Gangkhar Puensum, is the highest mountain in Bhutan and a strong candidate for the highest unclimbed mountain in the world with an elevation of 7,570 meters and a prominence of 2,995 meters. Its name means "3 mountain siblings".