Climate data from air, land, sea and ice in 2013 reflect trends of a warming planet
In 2013, the vast majority of worldwide climate indicators—greenhouse gases, sea levels, global temperatures, etc.—continued to reflect trends of a warmer planet, according to the indicators assessed in the State of the Climate in 2013 report, released online today by the American Meteorological Society.
In Science: New Study Finds Most Of Earth’s Oxygen Used For Complaining.- The Onion
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- US Says Evidence Points to Pro-Russia Separatists in Destruction of Malaysian Plane
- 20 killed as Israeli troops push into Gaza
- Iraq Christians told to convert or face death
- No Firing Squad for CIA in German Spy Fiasco
There are 12,000 troops along the Russia-Ukraine border, but none are American. Sad. Guess John McCain will need the viagra tonight.- Top Conservative Cat tweet
Putin Scorned By Most Sane Countries
While the group responsible for the crash of Malaysian Airlines MH17 has yet to be determined, the international community has been quick to condemn Vladimir Putin.
Reagan: "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
Bill O'Reilly: "We need to build a Berlin wall along the Mexican border."- Top Conservative Cat tweet
Pope Francis is considering repealing celibacy for priests. Priests will no longer have to take a vow of celibacy. See what you can accomplish when you don't have Congress standing in your way?- David Letterman
- Koch High: How The Koch Brothers Are Buying Their Way Into The Minds Of Public School Students
- Democrats blast House GOP’s ‘poorly drafted’ attempt to roll back D.C. gun laws
- Christie bridge scandal takes a toll on NJ Republican fundraising numbers ...
100 Republicans Backing A Democrat?
More than 100 current and former Republican officials endorsed Democratic state Rep. Paul Davis's bid to unseat Gov. Sam Brownback (R) Tuesday, marking a new setback for the incumbent, who was already facing a competitive reelection campaign.
Gay marriage would lead to people not taking marriage seriously says thrice-married Attorney General of Florida.- LOLGOP
Boehner Says No To Immigration Vote This Month. Hey, John, No Rush!
U.S. House Speaker John Boehner on Thursday expressed doubts Congress would agree by the end of this month on an emergency response to the crisis involving an influx of thousands of child migrants at the U.S. southern border.
SPOILER: The fact that Republicans in Congress can't act on immigration now & haven't been able to for a decade is a big part of our problem. - LOLGOP
Rock The Voter News
- Hillary Clinton ahead, Republicans tightly bunched, in 2016 poll
- U.S. Senate Democrats' Hobby Lobby bill fails to move forward
- Group says it hits milestone in bid to turn Texas toward Democrats
- U.S. judicial agency to vote on releasing federal prisoners early
- Researchers: Children exposed to religion have difficulty distinguishing fact from fiction
There's currently a petition to split California into several states. Among the new states would be Botoxia, Pornsylvania, and of course, the Commonwealth of Kardashiania.- Conan O'Brien
REMINDER: Every day America isn't occupying two foreign countries is a step up from 2003-2012.- LOLGOP
Putin's Economy Is Diving
Russian markets have taken another tumble as the latest set of U.S. sanctions rattle investor confidence and raise concerns about Russia's fragile economy.
Beginning to think George W. Bush didn't get a great read on Putin's soul.- LOLGOP
Oil Trains Face New Rules
North Dakota's Bakken oil patch has thrived thanks in large part to the once-niche business of hauling fuel on U.S. rail tracks. New safety rules may now test the oil train model.
Within weeks, the Obama Administration is due to unveil a suite of reforms that will rewrite standards conceived long before the rise of the shale oil renaissance...
- Easy come, easy go: Oil gives back rally as Ukraine tensions flare
- Wall St. rebounds after Thursday drop; Google lifts S&P
- The Feds Go After FedEx for Shipping Drugs
- What happens to your online accounts when you die?
Henry Ford. Because even a union-busting anti-Semite recognized that employees should be able to afford to buy what they build.- LOLGOP
Meanwhile, Back In Latin America
China's president pressed a charm offensive with Latin America on Thursday, signing deals with Brazil, meeting regional leaders and proposing a $20 billion infrastructure fund that highlights Beijing's growing interests in the region.
The number of pot delivery services has tripled in the last three years because more states are easing their marijuana laws. And the first person who figures out how to combine that with a pizza delivery service will be our country's first trillionaire.- Conan O'Brien
Are animals intelligent? Sure! I let my monkey type my tweets and he does a great (PLEASE HELP ME ESCAPE) job!- Stephen Colbert
- NASA Believes Newest Telescopes Could Spot Extraterrestrial Life Within 20 Years
- Suspects charged in North Carolina theft of $10,000 dinosaur replica
- Kentucky man charged with pizza prank at police station
- Florida airport staff get lesson in nation's geography
- Contempt charge for saggy pants in court dismissed
- Pit bull alerts sleeping Indiana boy to fire
Time To Deflate Photo