Diplomats, pilots and hired guns: Here are the Americans left in Iraq
Iraq is a shambles. Insurgents fighters are pushing south with the apparent end goal of taking Baghdad, the country’s capital. Meanwhile, after the Iraqi military fled, Kurdish troops in Iraq’s north have taken control of the city of Kirkuk, extending the autonomous region they already controlled.
Is it just me, being infuriated with two presidents who attacked Iraq, say nothing and instead jump out of airplanes and paint pictures? How lovely living in Bushland.
REMINDER: 5 years after Bush we're still left with the clowns he ushered into power in both Iraq and Afghanistan.- LOLGOP
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Obama, key lawmakers are open to launching airstrikes on Iraq
- Iraq Gets International Help... From Iran
- Nervous Baghdad residents brace for onslaught by militants
- Russian Bombers Buzz California
- Bergdahl arrives in Texas: Pentagon
GOP: We could afford to stay in Iraq forever but this taking care of veterans stuff is just too expensive. - LOLGOP
"A Tea Party candidate won Virginia's Republican primary, mostly on his anti-immigration stance. His first plan is to change the state's slogan from 'Virginia is for lovers' to 'Virginia is for lovers who habla ingles.'" –Conan O'Brien
Making Us Afraid Of Children
Fox News host Jeanine Pirro voiced her suspicions on Thursday regarding the thousands of undocumented minors being taken to military housing after emigrating to the U.S.
“I wouldn’t be surprised if some of these ‘kids’ are nothing more than fronts for drug dealers,” Pirro said. “We just talked about terrorists. [There's] MS-13. Some of them look like they’re 18 or older. This is a danger zone for us.”
If bringing Al Qaeda to Iraq is your foreign policy legacy, there's a reason no one is listening to you.- LOLGOP
I bet Jeb Bush is praying for Iraq to be a key issue in 2016.- LOLGOP
DoD Has Been Planning For World Wide Civil Unrest Since 2008
A US Department of Defense (DoD) research programme is funding universities to model the dynamics, risks and tipping points for large-scale civil unrest across the world, under the supervision of various US military agencies. The multi-million dollar programme is designed to develop immediate and long-term “warfighter-relevant insights” for senior officials and decision makers in “the defense policy community,” and to inform policy implemented by “combatant commands.”
- Former President George H.W. Bush 90th Birthday parachute jump
- Oklahoma GOP Candidate OK With Stoning Gay People To Death
- The Entire GOP Could Get Cantor’d
- Catholic bishops keep focus on abortion, marriage
Pretty convinced the GOP 2016 candidates are funding Rick Perry's campaign because who doesn't he make look good.- LOLGOP
Rick Perry Bombs In San Francisco
Texas Gov. Rick Perry raised eyebrows during his appearance at the Commonwealth Club in San Francisco Wednesday night, when he compared homosexuality to alcoholism.
Rock The Voter News
Immigration reform is the heart transplant the GOP needs. Instead, they're smoking two packs a day and insulting possible heart donors.- LOLGOP
Uh Oh, Hillary Gets TestyFormer Secretary of State Hillary Clinton got into a testy exchange today with "Fresh Air" radio host Terry Gross, accusing her of "playing with my words" when pressing Clinton about when, and why, she decided to support same-sex marriage.
- Oil keeps rising, nears $107 on Iraq fighting
- China housing slump sparks fears for economy
- Deal Would Create World's Largest Online Gambling Company
Tell us what we "won" in Iraq again, GOP. I seem to have forgotten.- LOLGOP
Shoney's To Serve Likker In Tennessee
David Davoudpour’s campaign to return the iconic Shoney’s restaurant chain to its “glory days” has brought a few new twists: the first Shoney’s mall location, a new Shoney’s On The Go concept with walk-up and drive-through windows and the first full-service bar.
"For the second day in a row, President Obama made an unscheduled trip out of the White House, this time for a burger at a nearby restaurant. Obama wants to be OUT of the White House more than Hillary wants to be IN it. Well, almost." –Jimmy Fallon
A new study shows that red wine can boost short-term memory. Three or four glasses, and you’re guaranteed to remember your ex’s phone number.- Seth Myers
- Man arrested for allegedly stealing nearly 600 high school girl gym uniforms from 50 different schools
- Florida man charged with vandalism after bumper sticker protest of judge who handled his divorce case
- Homeowner to torch house teetering on lake cliff
- Employees sue company claiming they were forced to say “I love you”
- Fifty years of garbage from families’ personal dumpsite trashes community
Time To Deflate Photo
Best wishes for a beautiful and peaceful weekend.