U.S. House backs limits on Obama's authority
The Republican-led House on Friday overwhelmingly approved a $570 billion defense bill that halts any Guantanamo transfers for a year in the furor over the American-for-Taliban swap and pulls back government spying.
Iraqi sectarian violence - 11 years later and we're still paying because George Bush didn't understand Shiite. - John Fugelsang
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Truck bombing in central Syria kills 34
- 7 Ukrainian troops killed, rebels operate tanks
- U.S. Ramps Up Sanctions Amid New Russia Buildup of Troops
- Militants destroy philosopher's tomb, poets' statues in Iraq
- The CIA Built An Evil Osama Bin Laden Action Figure
- Report: Half of vets with PTSD got treatment
Iraq civil war could have been avoided if Karl Rove had just pulled George Bush aside & had that little talk about sects.- John Fugelsang
We Need A War On Stupidity
As many as 75 scientists and staff in U.S. government laboratories in Atlanta may have been exposed to live anthrax bacteria after researchers failed to follow safety procedures, prompting an investigation by federal authorities.
Fox News pointing out that someone was wrong about the Iraq War is like the Home Shopping Network dissing your cubic zirconia.- LOLGOP
- House Republicans elect McCarthy to take Cantor's job
- Tea party Republican breaks through to House GOP leadership
- Bill Kristol pained that Harry Reid wants an apology because he was wrong about Iraq
- Rick Perry: I should have talked about jobs instead of comparing gay sex to alcoholism
- Bible-waving MN GOP Supreme Court nominee places God above U.S. law
- Stephen Colbert greets the return of the GOP ‘Iraq Pack,’ who were only ever wrong once
Replacing Eric Cantor with Kevin McCarthy is like replacing Jay Leno with Jay Leno.- LOLGOP
Boehner Wants Troops On The Mexican Border
The leader of the U.S. House of Representatives President Barack Obama on Friday to send troops to the Mexican border to help deal with the surge of unaccompanied minors from Central America, calling it a "national security and humanitarian crisis."
Hey STOP comparing DICK CHENEY to DARTH VADER! Darth Vader never repeatedly dodged military service in wars he supported.- John Fugelsang
Rock The Voter News
- Obama extends family leave rights of legally married same-sex couples
- IRS says liberal group too political for 'social welfare' status
- U.S. tax chief won't apologize to Republicans in 'Tea Party' probe
- Texas inmates sue over lack of air conditioning
A pro-Hillary Clinton super PAC is stepping up its involvement in key presidential primary states – but swear they are primarily focused on 2014.
Ready for Hillary, the group that is urging the former secretary of state to run for president in 2016, has donated $10,000 to the New Hampshire Democratic Party. The donation is the max the group can give to the party given their current FEC standing.
Walking to Walmart & thinking of how our taxes pay SNAP benefits of their underpaid workforce - prices so nice you pay for 'em twice.- John Fugelsang
- Crude at $1.06
- Texas gas town considers banning fracking
- California officials seek to ensure safety of trains hauling crude oil
- Harley-Davidson introduces electric motorcycle
"Last night Hillary Clinton said she won't support legalizing recreational marijuana until we see how it goes in Colorado. Officials in Colorado couldn't respond because they were too busy swimming in a pool of money." –Jimmy Fallon
George Will blames outage over him writing that being a rape victim is a "coveted status" people seek on the Internet.
I blame "reading." - LOLGOP
Someone Is Trying To Help The Middle Class
An impassioned Sen. Elizabeth Warren appeared on MSNBC’s Hardball and made a strong case for fighting to rebuild the middle class through investments in jobs and infrastructure while at times butting heads with host Chris Matthews over the Democratic Party’s efforts.
Stock Market Is Soaring. Why Aren't Jobs?
U.S. stocks rose on Friday, with the Dow industrials and S&P 500 hitting records while extending a five-session climb that has both benchmarks on track for weekly gains.
"Some Northern California counties want to form a separate state. They smoke a lot of weed up there. What would you call a state based on marijuana? Toke-lahoma.Flori-duh. How about Spliffs-consin? Dela-weed. New Hemp-shire." –Craig Ferguson
- Alleged San Diego vandal accused of tagging court
- Hot grits attack leads to attempted murder charge
- Past winners of the ugly dog contest
- ‘Oops!’: Reporter splits his pants on live TV
Time To Deflate Photo
Libo, Guizhou, China.
Best wishes for a peaceful weekend.