Supreme Court strikes down abortion clinic buffer zone
Abortion remains an issue that divides the Supreme Court, but the justices had less disagreement Thursday in defending the free speech rights of abortion opponents.
The court ruled unanimously that Massachusetts went too far -- literally -- when it created 35-foot buffer zones around abortion clinics to keep demonstrators away from patients.
How long before this court decides the Twitter block button in unconstitutional because it prevents conservatives from yelling at women?- LOLGOP
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Iraq insurgents seize oilfields, hit air base as US advisers arrive
- Iraq's parliament called to meet amid worsening crisis
- Facebook looks to block ISIS clothing sales
- 100 Children Died In Unintentional Shootings In Year After Newtown
- Thousands of Indian Muslims sign up to defend Iraq's shrines
Spy vs. Spy vs Spy
U.S. military advisors arriving in Iraq better be careful who they talk to and where they go: Their Iraq ‘allies’ will almost certainly be spying on them.
According to three current and former CIA officers, the Iraqi government, led by Muslim Shiites with close ties to Iran, has waged an aggressive campaign against the spy agency and other U.S. security personnel in the country for several years. “They cover us like a blanket,” says former CIA official
"President Obama is sending troops back to Iraq. He said, 'Don't worry, we should not be there any longer than a Kardashian marriage.'" –David Letterman
It's OK When Republicans Do It!
John Huppenthal, the Republican public schools chief in Arizona, announced yesterday that he will not quit in the face of controversy over his once-anonymous blog comments. Under the usernames Falcon9 and Thucydides, Huppenthal suggested, among other things, that Spanish language should be outlawed in the United States.
"President Obama's approval rating in the U.S. is at its lowest point ever, 41 percent. After hearing this, the president said, 'When did I become less popular in this country than soccer? How did that happen?'" –Conan O'Brien
- GOP Official Who Said Hillary Clinton Would Be 'Shot' In Arkansas Resigns
- Colorado Springs councilwoman: ‘Get rid of homeless’ with a ‘bus ticket’ instead of homes
- Rick Santorum Claims Anti-Gay Business Owners Are Being Sent To 'Re-Education Camps'
- Neil Cavuto Has Had It With Michele Bachmann
- NRA Fights For Convicted Stalkers' Gun Rights
- Todd Akin Is Back With More 'Legitimate Rape' Talk
- Fox’s Keith Ablow: Hillary’s ‘entire reputation’ is from ‘sleeping with the president’
Supreme Court Declares Obama's 2012 Recess Appointments Invalid
The Supreme Court dealt a blow to the powers of the presidency Thursday, ruling decisively that President Obama violated the Constitution by going around the Senate to name key labor and financial watchdogs.
Resolving a longstanding battle between the two other branches of government, the justices declared invalid key "recess appointments" made by Obama in 2012.
Speaker Boehner to sue President Obama for issuing fewer executive orders than any president in a century. - LOLGOP
The Eyes Have It
An Alabama Christian radio host who runs an anti-abortion “clinic” told activists on Thursday that women’s health care services like contraception were the true “war on women” because they came from the “pit of hell.”
If your doctor has the right to talk to you about your abortion, why not the crazy shrieking stalker on the sidewalk, huh? First Amendment!- Kaili Joy Gray
Rock The Voter News
- Bill Clinton defends wife's commitment to poor
- FDA To Evaluate Marijuana For Potential Reclassification As Less Dangerous Drug
The Far Right Reminds Me Of 14 Year Old Boys
One anti-immigrant group has started an “Underwear for Illegals” campaign that asks Americans to send dirty underwear to undocumented immigrants and top politicians in order to stop the “new surge of illegal immigrants crossing America’s borders, enticed by promises of immigration reform amnesty.”
A guy outside of a McDonald's tried to break up a fight and he got stabbed in the back. He then took out his cellphone and called a buddy. This gives you an idea how bad crime is in New York City. People don't even notice now when they've been stabbed.- David Letterman
- Global oil under $114 as Iraq supply worries ease
- Ikea to raise its average minimum hourly wage to $10.76
- Consumer spending inches up in May
- Philip Morris Int'l to sell Marlboro HeatStick
John Boehner to sue Obama for filling the power vacuum Congress created. - Dana Milbank
NY Sues British Bank For Fraud. No Word On Suing U.S. Banks.
Shares in Barclays plunged by more than six percent on Thursday after New York prosecutors sued the British bank for fraud — the latest blow to hit the scandal-hit company.
If you find yourself ordering a Grande Iced Organic Half-Caf Fair-Trade Non-Fat Caramel Macchiato it's time to leave L.A. - John Fugelsang
- Missing Detroit boy found alive in his basement
- Football field accidentally built on man's land
- 2 men throw out $1M ticket, sue New Jersey Lottery
- Russian Cops Ban Short Skirts After Skirts Get Too Short
- Federal Employees Asked To Stop Pooping In The Hallway
Time To Deflate Photo
Amazing photo of a super cell thunderstorm in Colorado taken by photographer Marko Korošec.