Massachusetts Abortion Clinics Boost Security After Supreme Court Ruling On Buffer Zones
Massachusetts is beefing up security around abortion clinics and scrambling for a legal fix after the U.S. Supreme Court voided the state's buffer zone law that kept protesters 35 feet away, saying it violated freedom of speech.
Boston, Worcester and Springfield, the state's largest cities, have deployed extra police to clinics, and abortion-provider Planned Parenthood said it was training new "patient escorts" to help women through protests if needed.
REMINDER: Unlike screaming at women trying to get into clinics, Obamacare actually prevents abortions.- LOLGOP
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Iraq's top Shi'ite cleric calls for prime minister to be chosen by Tuesday
- Iraq Buys Used Russian Fighter Jets Amid U.S. Delivery Delay
- Prominent female activist killed in Libya
- Hawkish new Israel president ready to meet Abbas: report
- Russia warns Europe over re-selling gas to Ukraine
"I guess now Dick Cheney knows what it feels like when someone you thought was a friend shoots you in the face." --Jon Stewart on Fox News' Megyn Kelly calling out Cheney for being wrong on Iraq
Rand Paul Versus Dick Cheney
On the Sunday morning television shows this past weekend—against the backdrop of an Iraq in flames—former Vice President Dick Cheney and Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) continued their ongoing feud and the battle for the (national security) soul of the Republican Party. In recent months, as Mother Jones has reported that Paul in 2009 accused Cheney of using 9/11 as an excuse to launch the Iraq invasion to benefit Halliburton (the corporation Cheney once led) and called on the GOP to disassociate itself with the former vice president, Cheney's allies have slammed the senator for expressing reckless positions.
SO HARD TO SPLIT MY TIME THESE DAYS BETWEEN MAKING SURE POOR PEOPLE DON'T GET MEDICAID AND YELLING AT PREGNANT WOMEN. - LOLGOP
- Susan Collins becomes latest Republican senator to back same-sex marriage
- Stephen Colbert shreds Fox Business News’ conspiracy theory about pot and the World Cup
- Right-wing radio host who failed to shut down D.C. now wants to shut down the border
- Alabama city council cancels prayer from Wiccan because of community ‘collywobbles’
- Krauthammer: If Obama Were A Republican, He Would've Been Impeached ...
Impeachment - n. the appropriate punishment for any Democratic president being elected twice. - LOLGOP
A top official with New York’s Oath Keepers chapter sparred with a Fox News radio host over an individual’s right to disobey laws they believe to be unconstitutional.
The group, which is comprised mostly of retired and active-duty law enforcement personnel, claims they are not bound to enforce such laws due to their oaths to defend the constitution.
Mississippi Tea Party Lawyer Commits Suicide
One of the supporters of Mississippi state Sen. Chris McDaniel (R) who was allegedly involved in directing a political blogger to break into the nursing home of Sen. Thad Cochran's (R-MS) wife, has committed suicide, according to a reporter for The Clarion-Ledger of Mississippi.
Republicans killed immigration reform again, but at least they sacrificed Marco Rubio's political career to do it.- LOLGOP
Rock The Voter News
- Obama mocks Republican lawsuit, pushes for immigration reform
- PRINCETON: Al Gore speaks at Class Day 2014
One year ago today, the Senate passed a bipartisan immigration reform bill. Leaders in the House have failed to act. - President Barack Obama tweet
Tea Party Won't Accept Mississippi Loss
The Tea Party-backed candidate refusing to concede defeat to Republican U.S. Senator Thad Cochran in Mississippi's primary runoff said his campaign has found more than 1,000 instances of ballots cast by people who were ineligible to vote.
40% of US Want To Be The World Police
Most Americans want the United States to do less overseas, with the question of the country’s global role divisive across the political spectrum, a survey said Thursday.
Six in ten said the United States should focus more on home and less overseas, according to a wide-ranging study of US political views by the Pew Research Center.
Why do conservatives think the poor have it easy? There's lots on TV that tells them that & almost none that shows how hard it is to be poor. - LOLGOP
Chris McDaniel wants to spend the 50th anniversary of Freedom Summer invalidating black votes. Tea Party loves helping Dems keep the Senate.- LOLGOP
- Brent Crude Heads for Biggest Weekly Drop Since April
- Canadian Supreme Court Rules Against Wal-Mart Over Store Closing
- Idaho Supreme Court: Yes, you can be fired for saying stupid things on Facebook
75% of conservatives say the poor have it easy, which explains why their policy is to create more poors.- LOLGOP
Bernie Madoff Effect?
The stock market is fragmented into over 50 individual marketplaces owned and operated by the giants of finance, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, Barclays, Morgan Stanley and other large securities firms who do not allow customers not to their liking to trade there. These “dark pools” are “dark” because they are not transparent to the public, to ordinary traders or to the media.
The U.S. lost to Germany today, but because FIFA rules dictate that teams get one point for a tie, three points for a win, and zero points for a loss, and both the U.S. and Portugal had a score of four, and because the U.S. had a higher goal differential, the U.S. still advances. That's the rules — and that in a nutshell is why Americans don't follow soccer.- Conan O'Brien
- Man wins $916 on bet that Luis Suarez would bite opponent at World Cup
- Pablo Escobar's Hippos Run Amok in Colombia
- Australian reporter was drenched with water by a man she tried to interview
- Mummified man in manhole was likely electrocuted
- Man accused of using accordion to smuggle meth
Time To Deflate Photo
World's highest climbing wall, Netherlands.
Best Wishes for a peaceful weekend and may your futbol team win.