Ghost of Iraq haunts Condoleezza Rice portrait unveiling
Iraq was the ghost in the room Wednesday as Condoleezza Rice returned to the State Department to reflect on her time as the top US diplomat saying history would be the judge.
But I am envious of Liz Cheney. My dad never let me warmonger with him :( . -LOLGOP
|Condi Rice said in that CNN interview, "We don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud."|
"Condoleeza Rice! Sounds like some kind of Mexican food!" - Chris Rock.
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Obama sending military advisers to Iraq
- Battle for Iraq refinery as U.S. hesitates to strike
- Rebels beg Russia for help as fighting rages
- Gun battle flares as Israeli soldiers seek missing teens
- Two men arrested in Texas on terrorism charges
- PA man accidentally shot, killed by guest of honor at surprise birthday party
This morning the Pentagon announced that the United States has captured a leader responsible for the Benghazi attacks. Republicans were ecstatic and said, "So, they finally got Hillary?"- Conan O'Brien
China and Iraq
China said on Thursday it was preparing to help evacuate a small number of people working for Chinese companies in Iraq, and repeated an offer to help Iraq fight terrorism though it declined to say if it would provide military support.
If you love soccer, you have to wait four years for a World Cup. It's like making an appointment with a VA doctor.- David Letterman
- Clueless white Texas commissioners accidentally vote to back slavery reparations
- Bob Jones University told rape victims to repent and look for ‘root sin’ that caused their attack
- Arkansas town bans pagan temple after finding out it’s not Christian: Your ‘God isn’t my God’
- IRS scandal: Lerner's lost e-mails have Republicans charging coverup
- Texas judge ignores DNA tests, refuses parental rights because gay dads are married
Untaxed Crusaders Courted By GOP
Some of the Republican Party's most ambitious leaders are courting religious conservatives as evangelical Christians claim new momentum in their fight for the GOP's soul.
The Liz & Dick Tag Team
Former Vice President Dick Cheney and his daughter Liz wrote a Wall Street Journal op-ed yesterday standing against President Obama‘s foreign policy, and now they have a YouTube video out announcing a new group, Alliance for a Strong America, with the express purpose of standing against Obama’s foreign policy.
After Dick Cheney critiques Obama's foreign policy, Newt Gingrich will tell us what's wrong with the president's marriage.- LOLGOP
Rock The Voter News
In a new interview, Hillary Clinton said the Bible is the most influential book she's ever read. Some people think she might be pandering to Southern Christian voters. Then Hillary said, "Oh come on y'all — little ol' me?" -Jimmy Fallon
Wisconsin Gov. Scot Walker Is In Deep Doo-Doo
Prosecutors believe Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, a potential 2016 Republican presidential candidate, illegally coordinated fundraising with conservative groups as part of a nationwide "criminal scheme" to violate election laws, according to court documents unsealed Thursday.
- China says moving 2nd oil rig closer to Vietnam
- Fed to Reduce Bond Purchases by $10 Billion Per Month
- Argentina says won't make next bond payment in US
- Immigrant rights groups sue Arizona sheriff over workplace raids
Protesters at the World Cup got into trouble for burning American flags. It's a shame because children in China worked very hard to make those flags.- Conan O'Brien
Does This Supreme Court Ruling Let Snowden Off?
The First Amendment protects public employees from job retaliation when they are called to testify in court about official corruption, the Supreme Court ruled Thursday.
It's Icelandic Independence Day. Happy Independence Day, Iceland, or as it will be known in 50 years — Waterland.- Craig Ferguson
- Dr. Oz Scolded by Senators for 'Miracle' Weight Loss Claims
- Ugandan TV station ban after president shown 'sleeping'
- Injured man trapped in German cave rescued after 12 days
- Man’s genetic disorder makes one arm supersized, helping him become an arm wrestling champion
- International origami exhibition: showcasing a broad spectrum of possibilities (12 photos)
Time To Deflate Photo
Lenticular Cloud over Klyuchevskaya Sopka Mountain, Russia by Denis Budkov: Klyuchevskaya Sopka is a stratovolcano, the highest active volcano of Eurasia.