GOP candidate for SC schools chief wants to teach ‘scientific theory of intelligent design’
A Republican who hopes to become the top education official in South Carolina says that children should be taught a form of creationism in school.
If you want to understand how little most Americans know about politics: Most people who sext with Anthony Weiner think he's Paul Ryan. - LOLGOP
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- US confirms Syrian suicide bomber was American
- Ukraine to push on with army offensive, row grows over Russian fighters reports
- US deploys first advanced drones to Japan
- Maryland police kill man after mistaking pellet gun for assault rifle
The Soldier Falls On His Sword
Embattled Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki resigned on Friday following a meeting with President Barack Obama that came amid a firestorm of outrage over delays in medical care for U.S. veterans.
"Vladimir Putin ordered all Russian troops stationed near Ukraine to be pulled back to their home bases. It’s the first time Putin has pulled back since that one time someone tried to hug him." –Seth Meyers
What Police State?
An Oklahoma police officer is accused of firing his gun at two teenagers he caught making out in a car parked in a public school lot.
"It's springtime and earlier today Chris Christie closed the George Washington Bridge for a pollen study." –David Letterman
- How John Boehner Plans to Knock Out His Tea Party Opposition
- Montana House candidate: If immigration isn’t halted, GOP faces ‘extinction-level event’
- Here we go again: Gun-toting supporters of TX rancher challenge feds over government land
- Phil Robertson of ‘Duck Dynasty’ to GOP: Bibles in classrooms can prevent school shootings
- Virginia atheist couple: Court-appointed officiant told us we had no right to get married
- Pastor: Climate change is not man-made, it’s a sign that Jesus is coming back
Blair/Bush Notes Still Being Kept Secret
Tony Blair is hiding behind Government protocols to keep the notes between himself and George Bush secret, the former Prime Minister John Major suggested this morning.
Sir John warned that the decision not to allow the Chilcot Inquiry to publish the full correspondence between the two leaders in the run-up to the Iraq War would would allow conspiracy theories to 'fester'.
Rock The Voter News
- Obama spokesman Jay Carney steps down after three years, Josh Earnest to take his place
- Missouri man had right to shred U.S. flag: U.S. appeals court
"I mean, why would [Hillary Clinton] run? In the past month, she faced new Benghazi allegations, the return of Monica Lewinsky, Karl Rove speculating on her brain damage and the rumors that she only got into the White House by sleeping with the president. A lie? Probably." –Stephen Colbert
Hillary Welcomes The Opening Of The 2016 Benghazi Olympics
Hillary Rodham Clinton defended her response to the deadly 2012 terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya, writing in her new book that she will "not be part of a political slugfest on the backs of dead Americans."
REMINDER: We have to fix the deficit, the VA and the economy by 2016 so another Bush can screw it all up. - LOLGOP
Gaiety In Colorado
Colorado's Civil Rights Commission on Friday ordered a baker to make wedding cakes for same-sex couples, finding his religious objections to the practice did not trump the state's anti-discrimination statutes.
Misogyny doesn't exist. Racism doesn't exist. The climate always changes.
The real problem is a baker may someday have to bake a gay cake.- LOLGOP
- Oil edges down but still above $103
- Bush-Era Tax Write-off Would Continue in Republican Plan
- Fast food CEO: Minimum wage hikes closing locations
- Poor wage growth is spoiling consumers' mood
- Elon Musk unveils spacecraft to ferry astronauts
Republicans: "I'm not a scientist!"
Scientists: "I'm not a Republican!" - LOLGOP
YeeHaw, Frackers Get Fracked
A north Texas family won a $2.9 million lawsuit against a Plano-based oil company after convincing a jury that emissions from the company’s fracking operations were making them sick.
"It's primary season, which thanks to global warming, will soon be our last remaining season." –Stephen Colbert
- Pennsylvania man accused in theft of human skin from hospital
- Man returns $125,000 that fell from armored truck
- Cook accused of licking cheese before putting it in sandwiches she was serving
- Mystery donor of hidden cash sparks frenzy in Los Angeles
Time To Deflate Photo
Rafflesia is a genus of parasitic flowering plants. It is found in southeastern Asia, on the Malay Peninsula, Borneo, Sumatra, Thailand and the Philippines.
Best wishes for a peaceful weekend!