How South Florida Is Ignoring The State’s Leading Politicians And Taking On Climate Change
Susanne Torriente remembers waking up on Thanksgiving morning in 2012 and discovering that four blocks of Florida’s main coastal highway had washed away overnight.
Tropical Storm Sandy, before it turned into a superstorm and traveled up the East Coast, was the immediate culprit, as were the smaller storms that hit South Florida in the following weeks. But none of those storms had been major, not by Florida standards. Instead, it was high tide combined with sea level rise that had washed significant amounts of sand away from the beach and wiped out State Road A1A alongside it.
Having spent most of my 64 years in South Florida, I can honestly say, it has always been a flood zone, as most of South Florida is just a few feet above sea level.
"Wheel of Fortune" host Pat Sajak posted several tweets mocking people who believe in global warming. The tweet was hard to understand because Sajak didn't buy any vowels.- Conan O'Brien
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- 13 Ukraine troops dead, over 30 wounded in attack
- North Korea artillery fires at South Korean navy ship, and misses
- Biggest attack in years kills 31 in China's troubled Xinjiang
- Thai army takes power in coup after talks between rivals fail
ACTUAL SCANDAL: Republicans are denying 250,000 veterans health insurance for the freedumb of it. - LOLGOP
Half-Term Palin Calls Obama Lazy. Is Shiftless and Shuffling Next?
Fox News contributor and half-term Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) said this week that veterans had died waiting for health care from Veterans Affairs facilities because President Barack Obama was “lazy” due to his upbringing.
Sarah Palin has basically decided to become B-roll for documentaries about the worst reactions to the first black president.- LOLGOP
- Maddow slams Republicans for complaining about VA scandal after passing budget cuts
- GOP-led science committee has held more hearings on aliens than climate change
- GOP lawmaker defends duct tape pipeline ‘fix’ in wildlife refuge: That’s ‘what America is’
- GOP House Candidate: There's a Gay Plot to Recruit and Sodomize Your Kids
- NRA: Bill to allow CDC to determine how many people are killed by guns is ‘unethical’
Difference between reproductive rights & gun rights? Someone is coming for your reproductive rights. - LOLGOP
Fox News Anchor Gets DWI In Airport: Doofus While Intoxicated
A Fox News anchor was arrested Wednesday in a bar at the Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport.
Gregg Jarrett, a weekend co-anchor on the conservative news channel, was taken into police custody about 12:30 p.m. at Northern Lights Grill in the main terminal, said a spokesman for the airport...The broadcaster was released on $300 bond shortly after 1:30 a.m., according to authorities.
Republican poll numbers went down when they embraced Cliven Bundy in late April, and they're still going down. Check out this poll compilation chart
Pretending the Tea Party weren't just louder Republicans, was the right's strategy in 2009 and it's still the right's strategy in 2014.- LOLGOP
Rock The Voter News
- Don't call me a racist, Republican senator tells Democrat
- Weird ‘Democratic’ candidate has Wash. GOP suspicious after rants about ‘Obama Bundy’
- Congressional employees owe $8.6M in back taxes
Give food stamps to defense contractors and Republicans will stop demanding cuts. - LOLGOP
Supreme Court Halts Execution
The Supreme Court issued a new stay on Wednesday to halt the execution of a Missouri death row inmate because his lawyers say he suffers from a rare health condition that could lead to undue suffering from a lethal injection.
- Hess to Sell Retail Arm to Marathon for $2.6 Billion
- US average rate on 30-year home loan 4.14 percent
- Pebble suing EPA over steps that could bar mine
- Committee approves end to USPS mail-slot delivery for millions
How about we spend the millions that will go into the GOP Benghazi witch hunt on something crazy like... maybe embassy security?- LOLGOP
Yep, The Rich Are Getting Richer And The Rest Of Us Shop At Dollar Tree
A polarisation of the American economy, which has been supportive of top earners but pushed many middle-income earners into more cautious buying habits, was on display as retailers catering to both to high- and low-income spenders outperformed those focused on the middle.
Shares of Williams-Sonoma, the upmarket maker of furniture, and Dollar Tree advanced after reporting better than expected quarterly profits.
The NBA gave Donald Sterling until Tuesday to respond. His lawyer asked for a three-month extension to prepare. I'll tell you what's happening here. He is stalling. Sterling is going to keep this in court until he dies. He is basically trying to run out the clock on being alive.- Jimmy Kimmel
- California woman abducted at 15 found alive a decade later
- ‘Fight Church’ pastor tried to entice others into swinger relationships, former members claim
- Police: Man stole bread truck, made deliveries
- Red Cross: More than half of Americans can’t swim
- 'Are you smoking pot?'; 'Why yes, I am, officer'
Time To Deflate Photo
Sea Horse - Bermagui, New South Wales, Australia