Called by Republicans, Health Insurers Deliver Unexpected Testimony
House Republicans summoned a half-dozen health insurance executives to a hearing Wednesday envisioned as another forum for criticism of the Affordable Care Act. But insurers refused to go along with the plan, and surprised Republican critics of the law by undercutting some of their arguments against it.
So the health insurance executives didn't bow to the GOP...they must be making money off Obamacare.
'The White House released a massive report on the effects of climate change called the National Climate Assessment. Which beats its original title: 'It's Gettin' Hot in Here.' Although the report might have more impact if they didn't release it RIGHT when the weather got nice.' –Jimmy Fallon
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Israel fires back at U.S. envoy over peace talks' failure
- China blames U.S. for stoking tensions in South China Sea
- Congress Mulls Funds for New Guantanamo Prison
- Putin hails 'return' of Crimea; fighting kills 3
- NATO chief: Putin's Crimea visit 'inappropriate'
"The political scene in Washington one of few places I've seen that's more grasping and desperate than show business. Hollywood and politics are very different, of course. One puts out big-budget crap filled with explosions. And the other one is Hollywood." –Craig Ferguson
More Tax Cuts For Corporations?
The U.S. House of Representatives on Friday voted 274-131 to approve making a tax credit for business research and development (R&D) costs a permanent part of the federal tax code for the first time.
- Florida town’s choice: Violate Supreme Court ruling or open meeting with Satanic prayer
- ‘Bone-head’ lawmakers in South Carolina try to censor books with gay-friendly themes
- Breaking with GOP, Romney Backs Minimum Wage Hike
- Center Ring at the Republican Circus
More Christians Mad They Can't Offend Us
Yesterday HGTV pulled the plug on a pilot for a show starring brothers David and Jason Benham after outcry over their views on social issues like gay marriage, and today the Benham brothers responded in a statement, expressing disappointment but also making their Christian beliefs clear to their critics.
Face it: The biggest risk for the GOP is if they indulge the base on Benghazi and don't impeach. No way out now.- LOLGOP
These Guys Are Armed Ticking Time Bombs. What Could Possibly Happen?
Nevada congressman whose district includes the ranch of a cattleman battling the federal government over grazing rights on public land says he wants the rancher’s armed supporters to leave.
"The community wants them to go," Rep. Steven Horsford, a freshman Democrat, said in an interview. The armed militiamen, some openly brandishing semi-automatic rifles, have been posted outside the Bunkersville ranch of Cliven Bundy for weeks.
Rock The Voter News
- Harvard Plans to Hail Satan, Confirms Conservative Fears About Harvard
- Pelosi says House Dems divided on Benghazi probe
Christian Right Continue The Crusade
The Attorney General of Montana announced he will fight to allow the “Big Mountain Jesus” war memorial to remain on public land.
"Donald Sterling's girlfriend said she's 'going to be president of the United States' one day. Yeah, like we're going to elect someone who secretly records people's private phone calls and conversations." –Jimmy Fallon
- Oil prices edge higher, set for a weekly gain
- Yahoo yanks anti-abortion ads for violating its policies
- Bar cars make last run on Metro-North trains
- Navy pays a penny to get rid of carrier
It's About Fracking Time!
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency said it wants to gather public comment on whether it should require chemical manufacturers to disclose the content of fluids used for oil and gas production, a possible step toward greater federal oversight of hydraulic fracturing, or fracking.
If you got away with impeaching Clinton, invading Iraq & crashing the economy, you might think focusing on #Benghazi not jobs was smart too.- LOLGOP
- London Cops Test Wearable Cameras
- This Makeup Printer Could Destroy The Cosmetics Industry
- Florida Airline Pilot Spots UFO at Springsteen Concert
- The most popular baby names are ...
- Bird attack knocks tooth out of man’s mouth (with video)
Time To Deflate Photo
Aluminium cast of an ants nest.