Right flexes muscle ahead of Speaker vote
The conservative House Freedom Caucus on Wednesday endorsed little-known Rep. Daniel Webster (R-Fla.) for Speaker — a bold move that raises serious doubts about whether Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy can cobble together the 218 votes on the House floor he needs to be promoted.
BREAKING NEWS- McCarthy withdraw candidacy for speaker
That awkward moment when when House Republicans demand a new Speaker and then their only choices are losers, showboats, and idiots.- Tea Party Cat
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- U.S. to sail warships near disputed South China Sea islands: reports
- After Obama apology, medical charity presses probe request
- Israel says Facebook, YouTube videos encouraging Palestinian attacks
- Congress probing U.S. spy agencies' possible lapses on Russia
The enemy of your enemy is also probably fighting you and your enemy in Syria. - LOLGOP
Putin Popular In Iraq
Russian President Vladimir Putin's bullish entry into the Syrian conflict has worked wonders for his popularity in neighbouring Iraq, where some await "Hajji Putin" like a saviour.
- Rupert Murdoch suggests Obama isn't 'real black president'
- Murdoch Apologizes For Suggesting Obama Not A 'Real Black President'
- Megyn Kelly Says Trump Will Return To Her Show 'Eventually'
- Quote of the Day: "The Republican Party Left Me"
Everybody’s still talking about Donald Trump. A recent poll had voters describe Trump in one word, and a lot of them used the words “idiot,” “buffoon,” “clown,” and “jerk.” And those are the people voting for Trump.
Of course, they also used other words, like “Still,” “better,” “than” and “Jeb.” - Jimmy Fallon
Anti-Islam Rallies Across 20 Cities, With Guns. What Could Possibly Go Wrong?
The anti-Islam sentiment that has crept into the mainstream political dialogue in recent weeks may hit a boiling point this weekend, as planned protests outside mosques and Islamic centers across the nation coincide with the commemoration of the 20th anniversary of the Million Man March in Washington, D.C.
75 percent of Americans want to raise the top tax rate. 100 percent of GOP candidates want to lower it. - LOLGOP
The Sad Results Of A Self-Lobotomy
GOP presidential candidate Ben Carson, under fire for advice about what to do when facing a gunman, late Wednesday recounted the time when a gun was pointed at him...“[A] guy comes in, put the gun in my ribs,” he added. “And I just said, ‘I believe that you want the guy behind the counter.’”
Dr. Ben Carson hosted a Facebook Q&A last night, and said the loss of gun rights is more devastating than seeing people die from gun violence. So if Ben Carson is your doctor, definitely get a second opinion. - Seth Myers
Rock The Voter News
- President Obama to arrive in Eugene aboard Air Force One at 11:35 a.m. Friday en route to Roseburg
- Bernie Sanders to rally in Boulder on Saturday
- Hillary Clinton Opposes Obama's Trans-Pacific Trade Deal
Yesterday Hillary Clinton criticized Donald Trump during an interview on Telemundo. Clinton knew if there was one place she could criticize Trump without him finding out about it, it's on Telemundo.- Conan O'Brien
A lot of people think that when the Republican field clears it will come down to Jeb Bush and Donald Trump. Kind of like the race between the tortoise and the bad hair.- Jimmy Fallon
- Oil's Rally Was A Bunch Of Noise And Won't Last, Goldman Sachs Says
- Sandwich chain: The pope killed our sales
- Volkswagen US CEO: 3 suspended over emissions scandal
- Under Carly Fiorina, HP employees used soy-sauce-dispensing chopsticks to game the system
I worry that the Republicans' investigation of Planned Parenthood will waste time and money that could be used investigating Benghazi. - Andy Borowitz
Bleeding The Seniors Dry
Seniors have received some unpleasant news in their mailboxes in recent weeks: premiums for many Medicare prescription drug insurance plans will rise at double-digit rates next year.
"The Martian" is expected to do particularly well when it launches in China. … This movie is a natural match for China. Because not only is the planet Mars red, I believe it has more oxygen than Beijing.- Stephen Colbert
- Pope Francis warns against conspiracy theories of Vatican skullduggery
- Florida school to pay $600K to parents of students who died after being hypnotized by principal
- Cops: Man stabbed at funeral, suspect tries to flee in limo
- Police: Man drops wallet, gets arrested in 12 burglaries
- That hissing sound under the dryer? The missing king cobra
Time To Deflate Photo