The Greenland Ministry of Foreign Affairs responded to reports that President Donald Trump had talked about the possibility of buying the territory.
"Greenland is rich in valuable resources such as minerals, the purest water and ice, fish stocks, seafood, renewable energy and is a new frontier for adventure tourism," the ministry's account tweeted Thursday morning. "We're open for business, not for sale."
Greenland: We’re not for sale.
America: We are! - Adam Parkhomenko
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Rashida Tlaib says she won't visit West Bank, Israel to see relatives after being treated like "a criminal"
- Conservatives Aren't Buying Tlaib's Israel Trip Narrative: Maybe She 'Doesn't Really Want a Visit With Her Grandmother'
- Iranian tanker US is seeking to detain could leave Gibraltar Friday
- ICE raid separates 4-month-old baby from breastfeeding mom
Trump singles out two Muslim lawmakers for their criticism of Israeli policy while his followers chant "Jews will not replace us!" in our streets. - Tea Pain
Here's a Woman Without Bone Spurs
A woman who attributes her success to "showing up prepared and working diligently" has become the first female Marine to pilot a F-35B fighter jet.
U.S. Marine Capt. Anneliese Satz, 29, of Boise, Idaho, completed the F-35B Basic Course on June 27, the Marine Corp announced in a press release last week.
- Iowa GOP Chair: King's comments outrageous, but we will back him if he's the nominee
- Medical examiner rules Jeffrey Epstein's death a suicide, says he hanged himself in his jail cell
- Trump Supporter the President Called Fat Gorges Himself on the Criticism: 'I Love The Guy'
- Trump mocks rally protester: "That guy's got a serious weight problem"
- 'You have no choice but to vote for me,' Trump tells N.H. rally
- Cook Political Report moves Susan Collins Senate race to 'toss up'
- Steve King Tweets Bizarre Rant at Julián Castro About 'Federal Funding to Abort Men's Babies'
- ‘I’m worried’: Allies fear NRA has lost its power in Washington
- Lou Dobbs Plays Deceptively Edited Clip to Blame Protesters for ICE Guard Driving Into Them
- Construction workers prepare to battle former ally Trump
- White woman calls police on black man looking for parking, says he looked 'suspiciously' at her
Trump makes fun of Southern accents and they love him for it. Trump calls one of his supporters fat and the guy goes on Fox to say it’s all good. Is the secret to trumpism just low self-esteem? - Adam Parkhomenko
I Wonder If Trump Laughs At These Children In Private
A federal appeals court on Thursday upheld a previous court order mandating the Trump administration provide basic personal hygiene items to children in detention at facilities in the Rio Grande Valley in Texas.
The ruling by the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in San Fransisco hands a loss to the Trump administration, which had challenged a lower court decision two years ago ordering U.S. officials to provide basic personal hygiene items as well as adequate sleeping conditions, temperatures and food and water to children in detention at facilities in the Rio Grande Valley.
Why would we buy Greenland?
Here's an idea, buy Mexico. Yeah, buy Mexico. Solves about 90% of everything Conservatives are complaining about. Boom!
Make sure they spell my name correctly on the Nobel Prize. - Stonekettle tweet
Denmark Offers to Buy U.S. - Andy Borowitz
Rock The Voter News
- Warren pushes tribal plan amid new Trump attacks on Native American claims
- O'Rourke calls for mandatory gun buyback, licensing
- Buttigieg lags behind rivals in Iowa after big national splash
- Pete Buttigieg Rejected Style Advice From Tom Ford
- Kamala Harris launches Spanish-language organizing program
- Bennet says Hickenlooper would be an 'excellent senator'
- Obama Reportedly Cautioned Biden on 2020 Run: 'You Don't Have to Do This, Joe'
- Justice Dept. says Mueller report downloaded over 800 million times
Maybe when our weak and stupid president is finished colluding with Russia and colluding with North Korea and colluding with Bone Saw Arabia and colluding with Israel, just maybe then he can find some time to finally start colluding with America. but I'm not holding my breath. - Jeff Tiedrich
Hey Madam Speaker, Is This An Impeachable Offense?
President Donald Trump on Thursday praised a New Hampshire Republican who previously called for former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to be shot by firing squad.
Standing up for what you believe in isn't a virtue if what you believe in is awful. - The TweetOfGod
Amazon Workers Now Being Shipped In Packages To Personally Assure Customers They’re Treated Well - The Onion
- Pebble Beach Car Week: Where one-percenters can blow $48 million on a car
- Tyson Foods recalls chicken patties possibly contaminated with 'foreign matter'
- FCC fines 'The Walking Dead,' Jimmy Kimmel for use of emergency alert tones
- Banana Republic joins the clothing rental craze
1984 is here. Orwell was just 35 years early.
Crazy School Gun Nuts Avert a Disaster
A school district in Ohio is coming under criticism after it was reported that a pair of first graders gained access to an unlocked case containing a firearm and allegedly picked it up, The Columbus Dispatch reported Friday.
If I were an extraterrestrial living on Earth, I’d hide in Area 52. - Conan O'Brien