U.S. President Donald Trump kept up his verbal battle with the National Football League over players who drop to one knee during the national anthem, saying on Monday their acts of protest had nothing to do with racism.
I'd rather #TakeAKnee than #TakeANuke
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- North Korea asserts a right to shoot down US bombers
- Hillary Clinton urges Trump to send Navy to aid in Puerto Rico’s Maria recovery: ‘These are American citizens’
- Puerto Rico's governor calls for greater federal response to Maria
- The US East Coast is bracing for high winds and treacherous surf from Hurricane Maria
- Trump to replace travel ban with restrictions on more countries
- Violent crime rates up for 2nd consecutive year
Used to piss me off seeing Xmas stuff in shops in Sept, now just admire their blind optimism that we'll still be around in three months time. - Tom Jamieson
|Do you know how to caddy?|
Tension is rising between congressional investigators probing Russia meddling and the Trump administration, as the White House and Justice Department withhold a number of records sought by Capitol Hill at a critical time in the investigations.
White players: Take the f-cking knee. Don’t make them do this alone. Use your place of privilege for good.- goldengateblond
- Fox Sports host blasts Trump for attacks on NFL players: He doesn't understand freedom
- After Warriors Say They Don’t Want WH Visit, Trump Rescinds Invitation
- Brady breaks with Trump: His "divisive" comments go against what my parents taught me
- Louisiana GOPer Wants To Nix Funding For NFL's Saints After Players Protest
- NASCAR's Earnhardt Jr. quotes JFK on ‘violent revolution’ after Trump protest attacks
- Ben Carson Splits With Trump, Basically Endorses Roy Moore In Alabama
- McCain: Trump never apologized for saying I wasn't a war hero
- Graham, Cassidy revise Obamacare repeal bill, appealing to holdouts
- Ted Cruz is latest GOP senator to come out against Obamacare repeal legislation
- Lawmakers eye new hurricane relief package
- FL Gov’s Office Deleted Voicemails From Nursing Home Where 11 Died After Irma
You know what's actually pretty disrespectful to the American flag?
The confederate flag. - Matt Slotnick
Trump Calls Black Men Who Kneel In Silent Protests SOBs
President Donald Trump probably didn’t realize he’d struck such a nerve with NFL players when he implored team owners to “get that son of a bitch off the field” for protesting during the national anthem.
The line drew loud applause at the president’s political rally in Huntsville, Alabama, but the words cut deep into America’s most popular sports league, where the majority of players are black and many of them grew up in tough neighborhoods, raised by strong women.
“I’m a son of a queen,” an emotional Falcons defensive lineman Grady Jarrett said.
Ivanka And Jared Both Had Personal Email Accounts While In White House
Ivanka Trump, the first daughter and adviser to the president, used a personal email address to communicate with a government official after her father took office, according to documents that the nonprofit American Oversight obtained through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
Maybe if everyone in Puerto Rico knelt during the the national anthem they'd be getting the attention they deserve. - Josh Hara
Rock The Voter News
- Poll: 86 percent support Dreamers staying in the country
- Obama warned Zuckerberg to crack down on fake news on Facebook: report
- Dems launch $15m campaign for lawyers to take on Trump
Our fellow Americans in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands are in peril. They need our help now.- Bill Clinton
Trump Defends Private Jet Abuser
President Donald Trump thinks Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price’s use of private jets for official business travel is “different” than what’s been done by other members of his cabinet.
Speaking to reporters on Sunday, Trump acknowledged the department’s inspector general’s probe into Price’s use of charter jets, which could have reportedly cost taxpayers at least $300,000 since May.
Trump stood in the middle of Alabama, called black NFL players "sons of bitches" and the room applauded. That is SYSTEMIC RACISM. -Proud Resistor Tweet
U bum @StephenCurry30 already said he ain't going! So therefore ain't no invite. Going to White House was a great honor until you showed up! - Lebron James
- Crude Oil 52.14
- Target to raise its minimum wage to $11 per hour, promising $15 by 2020
- NFL spokesman fires back at Trump: "This is what real locker room talk is"
- NFL Sunday game ratings fell in Week 3 — but pregame shows were up
- Trump's Mostly False claim that NFL ratings are 'way down'
The nerds are complaining about women in tech and the jocks are the face of social change, what a world. - Barry Petchesky
Bob Costas Did A Fabulous Job Explaining This Intersection Of Sports And Politics
NBC Sports broadcaster Bob Costas speaks to CNN's John Berman and Alisyn Camerota after President Donald Trump criticized the NFL and players who took a knee during the national anthem.
I am taking a knee on Sunday. I might need someone to help me up. - Ed Asner Tweet