The U.S. Department of Homeland Security is crafting plans to deploy about 150 federal agents to Chicago this week, the Chicago Tribune has learned, a move that would come amid growing controversy nationally about federal force being used in American cities.
The Attorney General of the United States does not have unfettered authority to direct thousands of federal law enforcement personnel to arrest and detain American citizens exercising their First Amendment rights. - House Judiciary Democrats tweet
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- A Navy vet asked federal officers in Portland to remember their oaths. Then they broke his hand.
- 'Wall of moms' shields protesters as demonstrations continue in Portland
- St. Louis couple who flashed guns at crowd near their mansion charged with felony: report
- Bahamas closes borders to U.S. tourists after COVID-19 cases spike; others still welcome
- Oxford Scientists Claim Coronavirus Vaccine Successfully Produces Antibodies
I'd like to know why tear gas is banned from use in warfare under the Chemical Weapons Convention, but police in the US are allowed to use it. - RKJ65 tweet
Right-Wing Domestic Terrorism Rises By 300%
According to a recent report, deaths attributable to so-called “right-wing domestic terrorists” have increased by more than 300% since President Donald Trump took office in 2017.
A database compiled by the Type Media Center’s David Neiwert and based on government interpretations of ideological motivations showed that at least 87 people were “killed by far-right terrorists” during Trump’s first three years in office. That number swells to 145 dead in three years if the 58 people killed by Stephen Paddock during the Las Vegas massacre in October 2017 are added in.
Portland Protesters Suspected Of Exercising First Amendment Rights. - Andy Borowitz
Trump says he's bringing back 5 PM pandemic briefings as of tomorrow: "We had very successful briefings. I was doing them and we had a lot of people watching. Record numbers watching. In the history of cable television -- television -- there's never been anything like it."
- Nate Silver Warns Trump is 'Discouraging Turnout' Among His OWN Voters By Sowing Doubt in Mail-In Voting
- Surgeon General Begs Fox News Viewers to Wear Masks: 'We Are Not Trying to Take Away Your Freedoms'
- 'Shame on you Ron DeSantis!': Protesters interrupt Florida Governor
- Morning Joe Laughs at Trump Bragging About Acing a Cognitive Test: 'This is For People With Dementia'
- Trump to Chris Wallace: If Biden Did an Interview Like This, He'd Cry 'Mommy Mommy Please Take Me Home'
- Chris Wallace Presses Trump On Whether He Would Accept Election Results: 'Can You Give a Direct Answer?'
- Missouri Gov. Mike Parson Condemned For Claiming Kids Who Catch Coronavirus at School Will 'Get Over It'
- Trump’s unpaid security bills are finally catching up with him as Florida sheriff reveals he can’t secure RNC convention
- 'Everybody that has a baby gets a million dollars,' Kanye West says at 1st campaign rally
Yeah, I'm not entirely convinced that the guy who sent military thugs to beat up graffiti artists will have a rational response to losing his reelection. - Jeff Tiedrich
Trump Hints That He Won't Accept Election Results. Speaker Pelosi Sets Him Straight.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi hit back at President Trump, warning him that he will have no choice but to leave office if American voters send him packing in November.
“The fact is: Whether he knows it yet or not, he will be leaving,” the powerful Democratic leader warned Trump.
The American people will decide this election. And the United States government is perfectly capable of escorting trespassers out of the White House. - The Joe Biden Campaign
I lived in New York city for years. Donald Trump was shunned as a low-life con- man. - Mia Farrow
Rock The Voter News
- John Lewis, civil rights legend and longtime Georgia congressman, dead at 80
- Georgia Democrats choose state chair to replace Lewis on ballot
- Biden maintains double-digit lead over Trump nationally, with coronavirus a top issue
It still blows my mind that they can afford teargas to cops but not face masks to healthcare workers! - Mohamad Safa
Godspeed, John Lewis. We Were Lucky To Have You.
Those celebrating the life of John Lewis include former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. In an exclusive interview with "CBS This Morning," they told Gayle King how they were heavily influenced by his leadership.
Lewis served over 30 years in Congress, working closely with both Clintons through the Clinton, Bush and Obama administrations. The Clintons remember him as a loyal friend and a man who for many years was "the nation's conscience" in Congress.
Today Mitch McConnell wore a tan suit in the Oval Office, which is nothing like the time Barack Obama wore a tan suit, the worst scandal in presidential history. - The Daily Show tweet
If Karen was a black man running for President, her name would be Kanye West. - DLKnight10000 tweet
- CNBC's Jim Cramer Blasts 'Unruly' US Virus Response, Likens to 'Lesser Developed Country'
- Nearly 17,000 Southwest employees sign up for buyouts, voluntary leave as furlough threat looms
- Mark Zuckerberg Mocked For Viral Sunscreen-Drenched Surfing Photo: ‘No Shot This Dude Is Human’
- UAE successfully launches Arab world's first Mars mission
Dr. Fauci to throw out first pitch at Nats game on Thursday. - Jim Acosta, CNN
Nation’s Doctors Urge Trump To Attack Coronavirus As Much As He Did Rosie O’Donnell. - Andy Borowitz
Lawyer Attempts Hit Job Ends Up Committing Suicide
The son of a federal judge in Newark, New Jersey, has been shot and killed, and her husband shot and injured in an attack at the family's home, according to law enforcement sources...The suspect was later found dead of an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound near Liberty, New York, multiple law enforcement sources told ABC News. A municipal employee discovered the body in a car.
The deceased suspect was an attorney who had a case before Judge Salas in 2015, sources said.
I went outside for a few hours. Feels like 105. That’s enough for this week.
If you need me, I’ll be in the refrigerator. - The Hoarse Whisperer
So sorry for the late post today but I had a minor accident. I tripped over the vacuum cleaner and instead of my normal nimble Ninja moves, I landed full force on my big toe. It's either sprained or broken. Thankfully the vacuum cleaner survived.