One of the nation’s top health officials leading the coronavirus response on Wednesday admitted it is a “failing” that individuals cannot “easily” get tested for the disease in the U.S.
“The system is not really geared to what we need right now — what you are asking for,” Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told a member of Congress during a House Oversight and Reform hearing Wednesday.
Dr. Anthony Fauci Carefully Keeping Six Feet Away From Trump At Coronavirus Briefing. - Andy Borowitz
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Pentagon: 'All options are on the table' after Iran-backed rocket attack kills two US troops
- House votes to curtail Trump's Iran war powers, setting up veto fight
- Exclusive: U.S. coronavirus testing threatened by shortage of critical lab materials
- Maryland confirms community spread, will close schools
- Brazilian Government Official Pictured Next To Trump Last Weekend Has Tested Positive For Coronavirus
- Canada's Trudeau is self-quarantining after wife tested for coronavirus
- Congressional Doctor Predicts Roughly One-Third of U.S. Population Will Contract Coronavirus
- U.S. Capitol, House and Senate Office Buildings Suspend Public Access Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
- NY Times Reporter Says Americans in Paris Spent Thousands on Flights After Hearing Fake Info From Trump
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson Test Positive for Coronavirus
The Tom Hanks statement will do more to calm people about coronavirus than any part of Trump's medicated and self-congratulatory reading of a teleprompter. - John Fugelsang
If coronavirus was a person
China Bouncing Back From Coronavirus
Businesses and factories are starting to reopen in Wuhan and restrictions are loosened across China as the nation works to bounce back from the coronavirus quarantine. Chinese President Xi Jinping visited Wuhan for the first time since the virus outbreak.
Here's the bottom line: paid sick leave will save lives. Congress must make it a reality immediately. - Kamala Harris
Just went to Seattle’s UW Medical Center to ask how much patients are being charged for a coronavirus test.
$100-$500 if they have insurance.$1,600 if they don’t. - Michael Hobbes
- Trump cancels Nevada, Colorado, Wisconsin campaign events as coronavirus spreads
- Poll: Trump approval dips to 46 percent amid coronavirus
- McConnell: House coronavirus bill an 'ideological wish list'
- Katie Porter Drags CDC Chief Redfield Into Saying 'Yes' to Free Coronavirus Testing After Brutal Grilling
- Jimmy Fallon Wonders if Mike Pence is Trump's Fall Guy for Coronavirus: 'This is a Disaster!'
- If Hannity thinks virus is a 'hoax,' millions do too
- So Here’s Sarah Palin Performing 'Baby Got Back' on The Masked Singer
When we have people like Donald Trump, Steven Miller & Jared Kushner running our country, it's no wonder why everything is so f**ked up. - Woman in the Moon
Trump's European Ban Excludes Trump Hotel Nations
President Donald Trump’s new European travel restrictions have a convenient side effect: They exempt nations where three Trump-owned golf resorts are located.
Trump is already under fire for visiting his properties in both countries as president, leading to U.S. taxpayer money being spent at his own firms. The president has been saddled with lawsuits and investigations throughout his term alleging that he’s violating the Constitution’s emoluments clause by accepting taxpayer money other than his salary.
Rock The Voter News
- Pelosi and Mnuchin race to clinch a deal on coronavirus aid package
- Pelosi: Democrats open to tweaking virus bill, but won't wait long for GOP backing
- Florida poll shows Biden with staggering 44-point lead over Sanders
- Biden cancels fundraisers, rally in Chicago days before Illinois primary
- Democratic debate moving to DC from Phoenix amid coronavirus concerns
GOP Unveils Immigration Plan: "We Must Make America Somewhere No One Wants To Live." - Andy Borowitz
Biden Should Have Gotten Secret Service Protection After His Wife Had To Protect Him
Congressional leaders have been notified that Joe Biden's presidential campaign has requested protection from the Secret Service, according to a congressional official familiar with the discussions.
I honestly think if Trump resigned there would be a rebound in the markets. A big one. - Jennifer Rubin
- Stocks plummet after Trump restricts travel to US from Europe
- European Union Says Trump Didn't Tell Them He Was Banning Travel
- 'They Know Nothing!': CNBC's Jim Cramer Says Trump Admin Not Ready, Calls For Suspending Tax Collection
- CBS Sports Analyst Charles Barkley Calls for Suspension of March Madness
It’s like the Influenza of 1918 married the Stock Market Crash of 1929. - David Tanenhaus
Trump Ruins Everything He Touches
Stocks cratered Thursday as the escalating coronavirus pandemic and lingering questions about President Trump’s response drove the worst day of losses for Wall Street since the 1987 crash.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed with a loss of 2,352 points, dropping 10 percent for its steepest loss by percentage since falling 22.6 percent on Oct. 19, 1987.
NPR RADIO: South Korea is now testing 20,000 people every day including with mobile units and quarantining those infected. Life is essentially normal with no travel restrictions or closures. New cases are now declining daily.
The village medic came by today to check on our health, gave us coronavirus info sheets. He said he'd return in June to give us our yearly flu shots, unless we needed a coronavirus test before then. This is all free in Costa Rica. The USA needs to do better.
I'd Rather You Laugh Than Cry