President Trump is going ahead with a campaign rally planned for Wednesday night in Erie, Pa., even as Hurricane Michael pounded Florida's Gulf coast.
Hillary Clinton: "You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for"
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Hurricane Michael shuts nearly 40 percent of US Gulf of Mexico oil output
- Trump: Democrats seeking Venezuela-style socialism with Medicare for all
- Rand Paul: I'm worried that "someone is going to be killed" because of political climate
- US student detained in Israel over alleged boycott support
- Pope Francis: abortion is just like "hiring a hit man"
- Senate Homeland Chair vents that Mueller probe is preventing panel from receiving oversight answers
First they came for the white men and I did not speak out— because no one is coming for the white men, you paranoid, delusional, self-pitying dimwits. - Jeff Tiedrich
Computer Whiz Caught By Mueller
Richard Pinedo, a California computer whiz caught by the special counsel's office selling fake online identities to Russians, was sentenced to six months in prison and six months probation Wednesday by a federal judge in Washington.
Pinedo is one of the more unusual and relatively unknown defendants caught in special counsel Robert Mueller's court actions so far.
- USA Today criticized for printing Trump op-ed
- Conway: Blue wave forecasts coming from 'same geniuses' who predicted Clinton win
- McConnell tags Clinton as part of 'far-left mob' after she says you can't be civil to GOP
- USA TODAY
- ’Lock her up!’: Trump leads Iowa rally in a chant against California senator after saying he didn’t want to ‘slander’ her
- FBI's Wray confirms limits on Kavanaugh probe
- Senate defeats measure to overturn Trump expansion of non-ObamaCare plans
- GOP state legislator snatches mic from the hand of his female opponent — then throws it back at her during debate
- Seattle Republican melts down at meeting — threatens fellow council member and curses out her son before storming off
- Georgia GOP candidate fires campaign member for racist social media posts that encouraged people to ‘vote white’
- Judge orders government to take possession of Paul Manafort’s Trump Tower and Hamptons properties
Trump's EPA is loosening radiation regulations, so at least maybe we'll get some Mutant Powers out of this administration. - Stephen Colbert
Melania "I Don't Care" Trump Wants Hard Evidence From Sexual Accusers. Hard, Melania?
Melania Trump is calling on sexual misconduct accusers to produce “hard evidence” to back up their claims...“I do stand with women. But we need to show the evidence,” Trump said. “You cannot just say to somebody, I was sexually assaulted, or you did that to me, because sometimes the media goes too far. And the way they portray some stories, it’s not correct. It’s not right.”
A lot of people thought Hope Hicks, Trump’s former aide, might go back to work at the White House, but she’s gone to work for Fox News. Which is the same thing, so I guess they called it. - Bette Midler
Looking forward to Trump blaming today’s stock market plunge on Obama. - Roland Scahill
Rock The Voter News
- Dems appear more fired up than Republicans over Kavanaugh nomination
- Netflix content chief says Obama projects won't necessarily be political
Online Registration In Floriduh
As a hurricane threatened Florida, Gov. Rick Scott balked at extending Tuesday’s voter registration deadline for a week as Democrats want, in part because the state has an online system to sign up new voters.
But thousands of Floridians have told some elections supervisors in recent days that the system isn’t working — despite claims from the state that the problems had been fixed and that the effort has been “immensely successful.”
When Republicans raise the specter of “mob rule” what they are actually talking about is voting. - Andy Borowitz
- Dow drops 700 points
- Trump says China not ready to reach trade deal, repeats threat of more tariffs
- Trump personally lobbied Japanese PM to approve GOP megadonor Sheldon Adelson’s casino project
- New York limo company operator taken into custody
ExxonMobil CEO Depressed After Realizing Earth Could End Before They Finish Extracting All The Oil - The Onion
FYI: There Are Several Florida Prisons In The Path Of Hurricane Michael
Hurricane Michael Has Made Landfall Near Mexico Beach, Florida; Life-Threatening Storm Surge, Catastrophic Winds Continue
‘Can Anyone Hear Me?’ Shout Terrified Climate Scientists Frantically Waving Arms As Passerbys Walk Straight Through Them - The Onion