Lawmakers banned from talking to detained migrant kids
Lawmakers are now banned from speaking with migrant children who are held at detention centers after being separated from their parents, according to a new Department of Heath and Human Services (HHS) directive sent to congressional offices on Wednesday.
The directive also states that lawmakers must give two weeks' notice before traveling to an immigrant detention center. They will be barred from entering if they do not give the advanced notice.
They're hiding something, this won't end well.
Sure children were taken from their parents, kept in cages, given powerful drugs, and beaten while in handcuffs, but it’s not like anything horrible was done to them like when Michelle Obama suggested they should eat a carrot now and then.- OhNoSheTwint
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Major Airlines Refuse To Help Separate Immigrant Children From Parents As Government Lashes Out
- Official: Trump administration suspending prosecutions of migrant parents with children at border
- Family immigration detention centers could be at capacity within days: report
- Grandmother hasn’t seen grandson with autism since border separation 10 months ago, attorney says
- Melania Trump visits with immigrant children at Texas border
- House panel rejects amendment barring family separations
- Cell phone video shows police in East Pittsburgh shooting at two teen suspects from behind as they run away
- Trump likely to meet with Putin in July
Welcome to America, where we believe a talking snake was literally real but "love your enemies" was just Jesus bein' all metaphorical. - John Fugelsang
Sessions Wants Military Lawyers To Prosecute Immigrants. What Could Possibly Go Wrong?
The Department of Justice (DOJ) has reportedly asked the Pentagon to provide military lawyers to help prosecute illegal immigration cases along the southern border.
“But Obama did it too” is the new “But her emails.” - OhNoSheTwint
My God, Has GITMO Taken Over This Detention Center?
Immigrant children as young as 14 housed at a juvenile detention center in Virginia say they were beaten while handcuffed and locked up for long periods in solitary confinement, left nude and shivering in concrete cells... court filings that include a half-dozen sworn statements from Latino teens jailed there for months or years. Multiple detainees say the guards stripped them of their clothes and strapped them to chairs with bags placed over their heads.
Trump ended the child kidnapping policy he had started; and he hasn't been this proud of himself since he brought us back from the brink of nuclear war with North Korea, which he had brought us to. - John Fugelsang
- Trump ‘threw’ Starburst candies at German Chancellor Merkel during summit: ‘Don’t say I never gave you anything’
- Fox & Friends host delivers shocking rant against immigrant kids: “A lot of them turn into MS-13″
- Crowd chants "CNN sucks" after Trump attacks media at rally
- ‘Worse than Katrina’: CNN panel explains how family separation is Trump’s most horrific scandal yet
- Tea Party lawmaker insists baby jails crisis is over: ‘He signed an order — what else do you want?’
- White House reporter reveals Trump thought jailing babies would be a culture war win like NFL bashing
- Four Republican senators say a $4 million program to boost climate reporting by meteorologists is not science, but "propagandizing.”
- Trump invites just one woman to meeting on family separation policy
- Senate rejects Trump plan to cut billions from children's health insurance program
- White House releases sweeping proposal to reorganize government
- Trump says Canadians smuggling shoes out of US
Anyone who can walk 3 grueling months with a child to escape death and violence and want a better life, can live next to me any damn time. JD Luckenbach tweet
Michael Cohen, President Trump’s longtime confidant and former personal attorney, has resigned from his post as deputy finance chair of the Republican National Committee's Finance Committee...Cohen also criticized the administration's policy of separating migrant children from their parents at the southern border...“While I strongly support measures that will secure our porous borders, children should never be used as bargaining chips."
This isn't my Republican Party, dammit. I belong to the party of Joe McCarthy, the John Birch Society, Barry Goldwater, Nixon's Southern Strategy, Ronald Reagan's "welfare queen" talking points, George W. Bush's Iraq invasion, and John McCain's pick of Sarah Palin. Trump is NOT my ...
- Sam KnightMay I be so bold to add to the above list?
Watergate,Willie Horton, Lee Atwater, Iran Contra, the October Surprise, Ford pardoning Nixon, secret invasions of Laos and Cambodia, Bush pardoning Iran/Contra figures, record executions in Texas....I came up with those in 30 seconds
Rock The Voter News
- Hillary Clinton Raised $1.5 Million to Help Border Kids Torn From Their Families
- Obama on Family Separation at Border: 'Do We Look Away?'
- Pelosi: GOP immigration bill is 'a compromise with the devil'
- Michael Bloomberg to spend $80M to help Dems flip the House
This Is Very Disturbing
The Obama White House’s chief cyber official testified Wednesday that proposals he was developing to counter Russia’s attack on the U.S. presidential election were put on a “back burner” after he was ordered to “stand down” his efforts in the summer of 2016.
Some dick asked my kid how it felt to hate half the country. He responded by saying, "IDK, I only hate a third of it. How does it feel to you knowing 3/4 of the country hates you?" 😏 My kid is a badass. Smart too. - KimbyIndy tweet
I just saw 3 of North Korea’s nuclear weapons on eBay.- Conan O'Brien
- Supreme Court rules that states may require online retailers to collect taxes
- Tariffs stir unrest among American whiskey producers
- India hits back at U.S. with higher import duties on farm, steel products
- Delta Air Lines bans pit bulls as service or support animals
The Trade War Is Well Under Way!
Turkey just became the latest country to hit back at the United States for its tariffs on steel and aluminum -- it's imposing tariffs worth $267 million on US goods
According to Politico, White House chief of staff John Kelly has been going to the gym in the middle of the day. Well, that's one sure way to not run into the boss.- Seth Myers