Jeff Sessions on Tuesday said there was “not enough basis” to appoint a special counsel to investigate Hillary Clinton, a day after reports surfaced that the attorney general had authorized senior prosecutors at the Department of Justice to evaluate an inquiry into the Clinton Foundation.
Chuck Grassley: "You intend to recuse yourself from both the Clinton email investigation and any matters involving the Clinton Foundation, if there are any?"
Jeff Sessions: "Yes." Confirmation Hearings, Jan. 10, 2017
So the main takeaway from #SessionsHearing is that our top cop isn't a serial perjurer, he just has a memory like the guy in "Memento." - John Fugelsang
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Air Force faces serious 2,000-pilot shortage
- UN warns millions at risk in Yemen, urges Saudi coalition to open ports
- Trump Could Create Nuclear Holocaust in Five Minutes; Congress Is Now Trying to Stop That
- North Korea nuclear arsenal too developed to destroy quickly, says Moon
- UCLA players returning to US after being detained in China
- Theresa May accuses Vladimir Putin of election meddling
- Russia used a videogame screenshot to suggest the US are working with ISIS
- Russia's RT America registers with DOJ as a foreign agent
- Assessing Russian Activities and Intentions in Recent US Elections - Office of the Director of National Intelligence
- 'Nothing about it felt right': More than 50 people describe sexual harassment on Capitol Hill
President Trump met with President Vladimir Putin on Saturday and said he believes Putin’s claim that Russia did not meddle in the election. That story again: Bonnie believes Clyde. - Seth Myers
What Could Possibly Go Wrong With Allowing Crazy Druggies Who Mutilate Themselves In The Army?
People with a history of mental illness, drug abuse and self-mutilation can now apply to serve in the U.S. Army, according to a report on Sunday, which emerged as a former Air Force recruit’s mass shooting at a Texas church continues raising questions about the military’s handling of mental health problems.
The Attorney General just complained that he has been forced to recall discussions from over a year ago, and to recall who said what to whom.
Also known as what people investigated by DOJ are required to do every single day. - Bradley P. Moss
- Trump tweeted about hacked Podesta emails 15 minutes after WikiLeaks asked Trump Jr. to ask him to: report
- Roy Moore had been banned from a mall in Gadsden, Alabama, because he badgered teen girls
- Volvo pulls its ads from Hannity after Moore coverage
- McConnell: "I misspoke" when I said GOP tax bill won't raise taxes on the middle class
- McConnell dodges on if he believes women who have accused Trump of sexual harassment
- Hannity giving away hundreds of Keurig machines
- 'The Simpsons' compares Kellyanne Conway to Joseph Goebbels
- Report: Adelson splits with Bannon over 2018 efforts
- Ivanka Trump describes rock star crowd-sizes in Asia despite horrible turnout at her speech
- Obama Did Cocaine and Was Still Elected, Claims Roy Moore Supporter on CNN
- Jeff Sessions Displays Unsteady Recall on Trump-Russia Matters
I see Fox News is doing its best to defend Moore,by discrediting women who are coming forward with allegations of disgusting sexual behaviour. I was expecting the Fox people to do a better job of it though, given that they've had so much practice in the last few months.- John Cleese
Rupert Murdoch Tried To Buy CNN
Rupert Murdoch telephoned AT&T Inc (T.N) Chief Executive Randall Stephenson twice in the last six months and talked about cable network CNN, sources briefed on the matter told Reuters on Friday.
According to one of the sources, the 86-year-old executive chairman of Twenty-First Century Fox Inc (FOXA.O) offered to buy CNN in both conversations.
Ode to Sean Hannity
by John Cleese
Oozing with vanity
Plump as a manatee
Fox Noise insanity
You’re a profanity
Years from now we can only hope that we will look back at all of this and laugh. And we will be like, “You remember that time when Trump called Kim Jong Un short and fat? Haha. Anyway, how long do we have to stay in this bunker?”- James Corden
A lot of people hate that I constantly defend @HillaryClinton. I wake up each day to a torrent of rage from right and left (and Russia). It doesn't deter me because when all is said and done, I stood by a friend and I stood on the right side of history. The rest is noise.- Peter Daou
Rock The Voter News
- Hillary Clinton speaks at UVA
- Hillary Clinton in Atlanta: 'The fever is breaking and the tide is turning.'
- Hillary Clinton Book Signing Nov. 18 in Little Rock
- Joe Biden claims Barack Obama repeatedly discouraged him from running for US president
The Secret Correspondence Between Donald Trump Jr. and WikiLeaks
The transparency organization asked the president’s son for his cooperation—in sharing its work, in contesting the results of the election, and in arranging for Julian Assange to be Australia’s ambassador to the United States.
Donald Trump Jr. is so criminally stupid that if he hadn't been born rich, right now he'd be on an episode of Cops, drunk and with his shirt half off. - Jeff Tiedrich
- The Richest 1% Now Own More Than 50% of the World's Wealth
- CBO: GOP tax bill could trigger $25 billion in Medicare cuts
- McConnell: Senate tax bill will include repeal of ObamaCare mandate
- Jeff Sessions ducks questions about White House influence on AT&T-Time Warner merger
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said today that he believes the women who have accused Senate candidate Roy Moore of inappropriate sexual contact, adding that Moore should step aside. I’m proud of you, Mitch. That took a lot of chins. - Seth Myers
400 Wealthy Patriots Speak Out
More than 400 wealthy Americans have asked Congress to reject the Republican tax plan that is predicted to decrease their taxes.
“As you consider changes to the tax code, we urge you to oppose any legislation that further exacerbates inequality,” says a letter signed by billionaire financier George Soros, former American Airlines chief executive Robert Crandall, and others who are in the top 5 per cent of the US economy by income or wealth.
World Doesn't Even Know Who To Admire Anymore After Tom Hanks Murders 5 - The Onion
A Month From Today AllHatNoCattle
Will Be 17 Years Old
This is me at 17
This is me in 2017