The Senate on Wednesday rejected a measure that would have repealed major parts of the Affordable Care Act but would not have provided a replacement, signaling that the “clean repeal” bill that conservatives have embraced cannot get through Congress.
I have compassion for John McCain and admire his courage in the face of his dire diagnosis. But I'm struggling to see how his vote, which could result in millions losing access to the kind of care upon which he currently depends, is somehow admirable. - Andy Borowitz
The World Is A Safer Place Without
- Trump to ban transgender people from all military service
- Transgender Navy SEAL to Trump: Tell me to my face I’m not worthy of serving
- GOP senators break with Trump over transgender troop ban
- The military spends five times as much on Viagra as it would on #transgender troops’ medical care
- State Department head of diplomatic security resigns
- Tillerson meets with Pence after State Dept denies rumors that he's resigning
- Rouhani: Iran’ will give 'reciprocal' response if U.S. passes missile law
Obese draft-dodging dishonest compromised con-man who paid $25mil for education fraud reminds us Transgender Americans are not fit to serve. - John Fugelsang
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Threatens Press
President Donald Trump's announcement that he would ban transgender Americans from serving in the military dominated the White House press briefing on Wednesday, with spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders at one point threatening to end the on-camera session if reporters didn't ask about other topics.
Today in history, July 26, 1948, President Harry Truman signed exec order 9981 desegregating the military. Do you believe in coincidences? - Tea Pain
- Senate delays vote on healthcare repeal
- Caitlyn Jenner to Trump: What happened to your promise to fight for LGBT Americans?
- 26 hours, 29 Trumpian false or misleading claims
- Trump launches new attacks on Sessions
- Rick Perry Got Punked in a Fake Interview With Russian Pranksters
- White House, GOP close to releasing joint tax reform principles
- Rep. Scalise discharged from hospital weeks after shooting, to begin rehabilitation
- Senate committee withdraws subpoena for Paul Manafort
John McCain is a hero to millions of Americans who want their premiums doubled & their kids' bone cancer to be a pre-existing condition. - John Fugelsang
Half Of Republicans Don't Believe In The 1st Amendment
Almost half of Republicans say they are in favor of courts shutting down media outlets that publish inaccurate or biased information, according to a new survey.
Forty-five percent of Republicans in the Economist–YouGov poll said courts should be able to shut down media outlets, while 20 percent of Republicans are opposed the idea.
7,000 nuns wrote a letter denouncing “immoral” GOP health care bill. How many will the GOP listen to? NUN! - Bette Midler
It's Wednesday July 26th, 2017 and I hate my president. - Michael Ian Black
FLASHBACK TO ONE YEAR AGO
Rock The Voter News
- Former Obama UN ambassador to meet with Senate Intelligence panel: report
- Michelle Obama Says Racist Attacks Like Being Called an Ape 'Cut the Deepest' as First Lady
- Scaramucci: Obama holdovers are responsible for leaks
Jeezus. Just Institute The Serf System, Why Don't You?
The Labor Department has started to dial back an Obama administration rule that would have made more workers eligible for overtime pay.
Trump hired Anthony Scaramucci because he thought his tan qualified him as a "person of color." - Conan O'Brien
The Girl Scouts have announced that they will offer 23 new badges focused on science, technology, engineering and math. While the Boy Scouts have announced they’re just gonna lay low for a while. - Seth Myers
- Electric cars win? Britain to ban new petrol and diesel cars from 2040
- Greece arrests Russian suspected of running $4 billion bitcoin laundering ring
- Fed says stimulus wind down to begin 'relatively soon,' leaves rates unchanged
- Insurers press feds to pump billions into shaky ACA markets
Senate Republicans voted to move forward in the process to repeal and replace Obamacare, even though they don't know what they're going to be voting on. That’s like going into a hospital and telling the surgeon, "Surprise me! Just go for it!”- Jimmy Fallon
This Is What Happens When You Lie In Order To Get A Loan
An aide for Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., has been arrested for attempting to flee the country and charged with bank fraud, officials said...Officials said Awan and his wife, Hina Alvi, defrauded the Congressional Federal Credit Union for $165,000 by lying on a home equity loan application, according to federal court documents.
"Anyone who doesn't follow politics is a fool, anyone who doesn't vote is a parasite." - Socrates
...I would not have to hold fundraisers!