A Russian jet came within five feet of a U.S. reconnaissance plane near the Baltic Sea Tuesday after the military announced earlier that day it had shot down another aircraft belonging to the Moscow-backed Syrian government.
Gee, Trump hasn't tweeted about a U.S. plane getting buzzed by a Russian jet. I wonder why?
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam Trump
- Syria conflict: US jet 'downs Iran-made drone'
- Kushner Paves Way for Accelerated US Push on Mideast Peace
- Trump admits his North Korean plan has been a bust — but ‘at least I know China tried!’
- China invites Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner to visit: US official
- Fox News’ Bolling recommends ‘preemptive’ nuclear strike on North Korea before they hit LA
- America is on ‘borrowed time’: Former NATO Rep warns Trump isn’t ready for a terrorist attack
The personal encounter with refugees dispels fears and distorted ideologies and becomes a factor for growth in humanity. - Pope Francis
The Secretary Of State's 3 Point Plan
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson reportedly has a three-point plan to both improve relations and work with Russia, one of which includes facing global threats posed by the Syrian civil war, the proliferation of North Korea’s missile and defense program and a third that could seem strange to some: Cybersecurity and cyber-espionage.
It was odd that the White House banned cameras and audio at yesterday’s press briefing. Usually, they only ban facts. - Stephen Colbert
- Poll: 81% of Americans Say Trump Must Not Stop Mueller Probe
- ‘They brought this on themselves’: Ex-Bush speechwriter says the whole GOP is going down with Trump
- Trump to make announcement on any Comey tapes this week: White House
- FBI Director nominee removed reference to case involving Russian government from law firm bio
- A Republican voter data firm probably exposed your personal information for days — and you don't have much recourse
- Donald Trump's Approval Rating Plummets to New Low as Republicans Grow Wary Amid Russia Investigation
- Ivanka Trump to meet with Rubio, Fischer on paid family leave
Republicans don't care when you point out their hypocrisy. Hypocrisy is baked into their pie. It's a feature, not a bug. - Jeff Tiedrich
Hugs Are Hard!
First Daughter Ivanka Trump went to Capitol Hill on Tuesday to talk about her new child tax credit proposal — and she was greeted by Sen. Marco Rubio (R – FL).
Trump is running a fundraising contest where the winner gets to have dinner with him. James Comey was like, “Trust me, that is not a good prize. Don’t do it.” - Jimmy Fallon
During a meeting with the president of Panama, President Trump said, “We did a good job building the Panama Canal,” despite the fact that the canal was constructed over a century ago. Mr. President, if you’re going to keep saying stuff this dumb in front of other world leaders, could you at least wear a big bandage on your head? You know, so it seems like there’s a reason. - Seth Myers
AHNC TRIVIA FOR TRUMP
The three paragraph description below is packed with fascinating information from the Dept. of State historian.
Teddy Roosevelt not only built the Panama Canal, he created the country of Panama after a one day standoff with Colombia. President Roosevelt famously stated that "I took the Isthmus, started the canal and then left Congress not to debate the canal, but to debate me."
Building the Panama Canal, 1903–1914
President Theodore Roosevelt oversaw the realization of a long-term United States goal—a trans-isthmian canal. Throughout the 1800s, American and British leaders and businessmen wanted to ship goods quickly and cheaply between the Atlantic and Pacific coasts.
|Roosevelt on a digging machine during construction of the |
Panama Canal, circa 1908. (Library of Congress,
Prints and Photographs Division)
President Roosevelt responded by dispatching U.S. warships to Panama City (on the Pacific) and Colón (on the Atlantic) in support of Panamanian independence. Colombian troops were unable to negotiate the jungles of the Darien Strait and Panama declared independence on November 3, 1903. The newly declared Republic of Panama immediately named Philippe Bunau-Varilla (a French engineer who had been involved in the earlier de Lesseps canal attempt) as Envoy Extraordinary and Minister Plenipotentiary. In his new role, Bunau-Varilla negotiated the Hay-Bunau-Varilla Treaty of 1903, which provided the United States with a 10-mile wide strip of land for the canal, a one-time $10 million payment to Panama, and an annual annuity of $250,000. The United States also agreed to guarantee the independence of Panama. Completed in 1914, the Panama Canal symbolized U.S. technological prowess and economic power. Although U.S. control of the canal eventually became an irritant to U.S.-Panamanian relations, at the time it was heralded as a major foreign policy achievement.
This was a classic example of U.S. gunboat diplomacy in Latin America, and the best illustration of what Roosevelt meant by the old African adage, "Speak softly and carry a big stick [and] you will go far." (Wikipedia)
This can’t be easy for Trump’s lawyers. Like, they’re representing someone who lies even more than they do. And lying is their job. - James Corden
Rock The Voter News
- Most Americans Still Like Both George W. Bush and Barack Obama, Poll Says
- Florida Democrats' chairman ready to resign over racial remarks
- Poll: Of possible 2020 contenders, Joe Biden is viewed most favorably by Democrats
Because Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein was in on talks about firing Comey, he may need to recuse himself from the Russia probe. He would be the third member of this investigation to be gone, after Attorney General Jeff sessions and former FBI Director James Comey. It’s all in the latest season of “Survivor: Justice Department Island.” - Stephen Colbert
Georgia On Our Minds: Vote Your Ossoff
Thousands of voters in the suburbs north of Atlanta grabbed the country's attention Tuesday as a special congressional election neared its end as a referendum on President Trump.
And in a parallel universe, Pres Hillary Clinton sends her son-in-law to Mideast peace talks & Limbaugh actually begins screaming in German. - John Fugelsang
This weekend, Trump took his first trip to Camp David. He spent the whole weekend walking around, exploring the property and looking for the Wi-Fi password. “I got to tweet! I got to tweet!” - Jimmy Fallon
- Oil Slides to Seven-Month Low as Libya Adds to Surplus
- Ford to import Focus from China instead of Mexico
- Attention Holiday Shoppers: UPS To Add Delivery Surcharges
- McDonald's hits all-time high as Wall Street cheers replacement of cashiers with kiosks
The Supreme Court ruled that a company has the legal right to have an offensive name. In other words, Trump Tower is going to stay Trump Tower. - Conan O'Brien
Boeing 797 Features: Twin Isles!
The world has been given a peek at Boeing's plans for a new small twin-aisle aircraft, unofficially dubbed the 797. Boeing released the first image of its new "middle-market airplane" at the Paris Air Show on Tuesday as a teaser for what will be ...
Dear USA- once you deindustrialize, automate & outsource jobs overseas try not to call Americans who can't find work 'lazy.' - John Fugelsang
Gender specific hairstyles for guys: